Isildurs Bane anyone? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Isildurs Bane anyone?

Demetrio
06-01-2007, 11:19 AM
This is simply one of my top favorite prog bands in all times. Their music is the perfect paradigm of symphonic progressive rock to me, with brilliant utilization of symphonic typical instrumentation blended with awesome rock elements reminiscent of bands such as King Crimson, Frank Zappa and Pink Floyd. At their website, the band describes their own sound in these words: "Over the years we've gathered a lot of impressions from all around, though mainly from fusion, jazz, classical and theater music. Our musical development has also to do with new members coming from different backgrounds, such as pure rock, funk, classical and jazz."

From their prolific discography my top 3 favorites are these:

- Mind Vol. 1
- Mind Vol. 2
- The Voyage: A Trip to Elsewhere

The audio quality of their recordings (later stuff especially) is usually top notch too. Mind Vol. 1 & 2, for example, are two of the best-sounding prog recordings I have ever heard.

Who else into this great Swedish band?

Demetrio.

ForeverAutumn
06-01-2007, 01:41 PM
Demetrio, I've take a hiatus from my prog listening the last couple of years, but I think that your presence here is going to put me back on track.

I have CDR of Mind Vol. 1 that either you or DarrenH sent me, once upon a time. I remember loving it at the time, but it's gone unlistened to for a long while. I'll have to dig it out of the archives for a listen. :2:

Demetrio
06-17-2007, 07:37 AM
Hi, FA, I'm glad you also enjoyed this stuff.

By the way, I will get the chance to list another great release from IB I forgot to mention on my previous post: "Cheval: Volonté de Rocher".

Cheers,
Demetrio.