Urgent need on KEF 104.2 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Urgent need on KEF 104.2

tino1626
02-20-2004, 12:08 PM
Hey folks, somehow related to this topic I have a question for you. I own a (wonderfull) pair of 104.2 (not bi-w) since 11 years already, no problem at all. Unfortunatelly one of the bass cones got damaged and I should replace it. I can get the new cone but I still need some squeme or map or something that shows me how to do it. I guess the connections inside the box must be far from easy and I wouldn´t like to damage the whole thing. Any help please??
Please e-mail to fmerchan@unex.es

manek
02-24-2004, 05:56 AM
changing one cone will upset the balnce of the speakers...I would suggest do it in pairs...secondly will you get the same cone as the originals ? if not then they might alter the sound characteristics of your speakers you are so used to and you may be in for a surprise....maybe good..maybe not so good......

tino1626
02-25-2004, 10:16 AM
changing one cone will upset the balnce of the speakers...I would suggest do it in pairs...secondly will you get the same cone as the originals ? if not then they might alter the sound characteristics of your speakers you are so used to and you may be in for a surprise....maybe good..maybe not so good......

Thanks Manek. As far as I know the cone is an original one (there last just one) and about a possible sound imbalance I don't worry too much because the damaged one worked just fine before something got into the cabinet and scratched it, so there should be not distortion after replacement. My real problem is how the hell can I get into the cabinet and phisically replace the old cone with the new one. Is there something like an squeme or draw or anything that can be used as a guide? Or please, do you know an e-mail address from the KEF boys where I can write them to ask for help (i did not find it on their web page). Thanks a lot for attention.

manek
02-25-2004, 08:43 PM
hi...I dont know where to get the schematic for you. My suggestion would be to contact the local Kef dealer and get the address of a nearby service centre for kef. Sometimes the big dealers also double up as service agents.....

http://www.kef.com/support/faq.htm#7