Need HDMI/DVI switching Receiver [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Need HDMI/DVI switching Receiver

pegglegg007
05-30-2007, 08:02 AM
Howdy folks! I haven't logged on in quite some time. I'm in need of a receiver (new or used) that will switch HDTV from my Dish Network box, as well as my computer (currently vga, but could be DVI)

I currently have a Marantz SR-8000 with Paradigm Studio 80's and I like the sound, but with the new HDTV it is a tremendous hassle to be constantly switching the TV inputs directly.

I'd like to spend as little as possible (preferrably < $600-$800) to get the HD switching, and still retain a similar quality sound.

Any suggestions?

N. Abstentia
05-30-2007, 09:28 AM
I can't give you a specific model, but what you basically need is a receiver that just does HDMI switching since HDMI and DVI and 100% compatible with each other. You should be able to use a DVI - HDMI adapter for your computer. I do the same thing but backwards..my preamp switches DVI and my sources are HDMI. I just use HDMI-DVI cables to connect everything. Even my projector is DVI :)

pegglegg007
05-30-2007, 09:51 AM
ooh preamp.... that's a good idea. No sense in paying for another amplifier when I like the one that's in my receiver already.

Are there any pre/pro's that will allow me to do HDMI switching for under $600?

N. Abstentia
05-30-2007, 06:28 PM
Doubtful. Pre/pro's normally cost MORE than receivers because they are higher quality! Besides, you'd have to get a seperate amp if you got a pre/pro, you couldn't use your Marantz receiver with it.