The Stranglers are still at it... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The Stranglers are still at it...

Dave_G
05-29-2007, 06:09 PM
Their new cd, "Suite XVI" is out now. On Capitol records.

They are down to a foursome now.

Still have that old Doors kind of sound, but not really. Basic rock stuff with the twist that only the Stranglers can do...

I know most of you cats here have zero Stranglers in your collections, but you ought to give 'em a listen sometime.

Maybe, if you beg me, I'll do a Stranglers komp and make converts out of all of you.

Regards,

Dave

Rae
05-29-2007, 06:33 PM
Not this cat. I have Black & White and Feline. Despite my general lack of enchantment with prog, I have been known to hum "Golden Brown" from time to time.

~Rae

unleasHell
05-29-2007, 06:54 PM
I was just thinking of them today as I played FELINE, I would really love to see them (never have) if there were to tour the US...

ALL ROADS LEAD TO ROME....

unleasHell
06-02-2007, 08:44 AM
LOL, The Stranglers and Madness are playing in the UK tomorrow, there is also a nice little history on each band here:

http://www.peelbayfestival.streetheritageevents.com/3rd.html

Dave_G
06-04-2007, 06:50 AM
I saw them back in like 1983 or 1984 touring the Raven album, I think. Very, very punky back then.

I think they have a bunch of releases that are excellent. Sorely overlooked by most...

Dave

Ex Lion Tamer
06-04-2007, 07:36 AM
I know most of you cats here have zero Stranglers in your collections,

Not this cat; Rattus Norvegicus, No More Heroes, Feline and Aural Sculpture all still get playing time chez moi. Feline is probably my favorite over-all. And thank you Rae for getting Golden Brown stuck in my head this morning.

unleasHell
06-04-2007, 09:39 AM
Feline is my fave too..