whats wrong with my tv? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : whats wrong with my tv?

mohakky
05-27-2007, 05:05 PM
Hi,
My lcd tv stopped displaying audio+video ... it turns on (the status light turns on) but no audio or video displays ... Any idea as to what may be wrong?

bobsticks
05-27-2007, 05:49 PM
Hi,
My lcd tv stopped displaying audio+video ... it turns on (the status light turns on) but no audio or video displays ... Any idea as to what may be wrong?

My own experience is that solving these problems is mostly process of elimination. Go back and check all the fundamentals to determine what is not the culprit. Check all cable connections. If all those are set check what input you have the unit set for. So often it's something simple on the remote or the connections that we just assume can't be the problem. The fact that it powers on is a good sign.

Good luck.

pixelthis
05-28-2007, 02:40 AM
Is the screen on or just the idiot light?
If the usefull sugesstions from above dont pan out then its something in either the power
supply or switching circuits, because thats all audio AND video have in common.
I had an akai that I returned because it had this disturbing habit of just going off, the chinese have had power supply problems in the past.
If all else fails unplug the sucker and walk away for a few hours, sometimes the system just needs a reboot (its just a big computer you know...)