Having a big party this weekend... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Having a big party this weekend...

GMichael
05-25-2007, 08:08 AM
I'll be turning 5K soon. All are welcome to join me in my calibration. Heck, any reason for a party right?
There will be burgers and dogs. Ribs and steaks. Chips and dips. Beer and wine. Music & movies. Pool & darts. Girls & guys.
Who's coming over?

Resident Loser
05-25-2007, 09:18 AM
...happens @ 5K I wonder?

jimHJJ(...does ya gets a cookie?...)

markw
05-25-2007, 09:18 AM
Check your private messages.

markw
05-25-2007, 09:19 AM
...happens @ 5K I wonder?

jimHJJ(...does ya gets a cookie?...)I wuz thinkin' an oil change and a lube job.

GMichael
05-25-2007, 09:25 AM
I wuz thinkin' an oil change and a lube job.

Will she mark my dipstick with her lipstick?

This was a pefect 5k post for me!

kexodusc
05-25-2007, 09:42 AM

Well, there's post 5K - with that bit, GM has just been re-rated from PG-13 to NC-17

Trust me GM, it's all down hill from here....
At least you got a party...

FYI, I have October in the pool as the month in which GM passes me in post-count...everyone but GM is eligible, no collusion! :cornut:
He's got a decade or two on me though, I'll take it back over it up after he kicks the can... :ciappa:

Resident Loser
05-25-2007, 09:51 AM

jimHJJ(...5000 posts and suspended all in one swelt foop...)

Resident Loser
05-25-2007, 10:08 AM
FYI, I have October in the pool as the month in which GM passes me in post-count...everyone but GM is eligible, no collusion! :cornut: :ciappa:

...my rudimentary math skills, and based on the current numbers, it is projected that GM will meet or exceed your post count roughly one year from yesterday...

jimHJJ(...if the status remains quo, that is...)

JohnMichael
05-25-2007, 10:15 AM
5000 posts and some are even classic. The only way I will ever catch up is to delete two of yours for every new one of mine. Who am I kidding, until I get a job where I can post during my workday I will never catch up.:ihih:

GMichael
05-25-2007, 10:19 AM
Check your private messages.

Ditto....

GMichael
05-25-2007, 10:26 AM
Well, there's post 5K - with that bit, GM has just been re-rated from PG-13 to NC-17

Trust me GM, it's all down hill from here....
At least you got a party...

FYI, I have October in the pool as the month in which GM passes me in post-count...everyone but GM is eligible, no collusion! :cornut:
He's got a decade or two on me though, I'll take it back over it up after he kicks the can... :ciappa:

Mathematically RL is about dead on. I came up with 1.16 PM on May 22nd.

I'm not kicking the can though. You'll have to deal with me for a loooooooong time.

GMichael
05-25-2007, 10:28 AM
5000 posts and some are even classic. The only way I will ever catch up is to delete two of yours for every new one of mine. Who am I kidding, until I get a job where I can post during my workday I will never catch up.:ihih:

You're a mod. Fudge the numbers.

L.J.
05-25-2007, 10:36 AM
Oh man the party started without me.

*chugs down about 5 beers in a row and takes 2 shots*

OK, I'm all caught up, what I miss? :crazy:

JohnMichael
05-25-2007, 10:36 AM
You're a mod. Fudge the numbers.

No I enjoy your contributions too much and you deserve to be proud of 5,000 posts. If I ever reach that level without fudging you will be the first I PM.

kexodusc
05-25-2007, 10:48 AM
...my rudimentary math skills, and based on the current numbers, it is projected that GM will meet or exceed your post count roughly one year from yesterday...

jimHJJ(...if the status remains quo, that is...)
Ha!
You're considering his and my post rate since joining...that is your mistake, and that's why I'm going to win the pool....
Of course, this will be my last post until October....:(

Resident Loser
05-25-2007, 10:50 AM
Mathematically RL is about dead on. I came up with 1.16 PM on May 22nd.

I'm not kicking the can though. You'll have to deal with me for a loooooooong time.

...I forgot to factor in that 2008 is a leap year...so on 05/23/08 you will have 7368 posts to Kex's 7361...the 22nd is the day you will surpass him...possibly a bit later than 1:16 PM though....maybe more like 3:27 EST...

jimHJJ(...but that's just a guess of course...)

GMichael
05-25-2007, 10:50 AM
Oh man the party started without me.

*chugs down about 5 beers in a row and takes 2 shots*

OK, I'm all caught up, what I miss? :crazy:

You missed the strippers jumping out of the cake. We had:

1. Halle Berry
2. Monica Belluci
3. Rachel Wiesz
4. Morena Bacharin
5. Eve Mendes
6. Kate Beckinsale
7. Thandi Newton
8. Michele Monaghan
9. Charlize Theron
10. Elizabeth Banks
11. Angela Bassett
12. Beyonce
13. Alicia Keys.
14 Jessica Alba
15. Eva Longoria

It was a blast. All they were wearing was frosting. Kex was chasing them around with a spoon while JM was right behind him with more frosting.

Not to worry though. They're all dowstairs drinking wine now.

Resident Loser
05-25-2007, 10:55 AM
Ha!
You're considering his and my post rate since joining...that is your mistake, and that's why I'm going to win the pool....
Of course, this will be my last post until October....:(

...my bet's on Sept. 12th...

jimHJJ(...or thereabouts...)

L.J.
05-25-2007, 10:58 AM
You missed the strippers jumping out of the cake. We had:

1. Halle Berry
2. Monica Belluci
3. Rachel Wiesz
4. Morena Bacharin
5. Eve Mendes
6. Kate Beckinsale
7. Thandi Newton
8. Michele Monaghan
9. Charlize Theron
10. Elizabeth Banks
11. Angela Bassett
12. Beyonce
13. Alicia Keys.
14 Jessica Alba
15. Eva Longoria

Wow I'm just awful with names. I'm gonna need a pic to go along with each of those :rolleyes:

GMichael
05-25-2007, 11:01 AM
Wow I'm just awful with names. I'm gonna need a pic to go along with each of those :rolleyes:

This was the part you missed. All gone now.
Just go downstairs and check on them. Last I knew they were all laying on the pool table to see if they would fit.

L.J.
05-25-2007, 11:16 AM
Last I knew they were all laying on the pool table to see if they would fit.

Now that I gotta go see!

Quexodusc
05-25-2007, 11:16 AM
Hey guys....I'm kexodusc's brother...we have all the same equipment, same Orb Audio speakers, etc...Just thought I'd introduce myself here...I see you have a friendly little pool going on..I'll put my money on late August...
Now, what I'd really like to know is will using a digital cable from my cd player to receiver sound better than using analog cables?

Resident Loser
05-25-2007, 11:20 AM

...you can always GOOGLE them...

jimHJJ(...gee, can you say that in mixed company?...)

L.J.
05-25-2007, 11:21 AM
Hey guys....I'm kexodusc's brother...we have all the same equipment, same Orb Audio speakers, etc...Just thought I'd introduce myself here...I see you have a friendly little pool going on..I'll put my money on late August...
Now, what I'd really like to know is will using a digital cable from my cd player to receiver sound better than using analog cables?

*pops head upstairs*

Now that's just funny

Resident Loser
05-25-2007, 11:25 AM

...do you like dinosaurs?

jimHJJ(...are you Siamese?...no sock puppets if you please...)

GMichael
05-25-2007, 11:28 AM

Hersh? How's it going man? You can come too.

ForeverAutumn
05-25-2007, 11:38 AM
PARTY!!!!!

I brought the tequila and the lemons. Where do you keep your salt?

GMichael
05-25-2007, 11:49 AM
PARTY!!!!!

I brought the tequila and the lemons. Where do you keep your salt?

I can't just tell you. I'd have to show you.

Welcome to the party. Would you like a burger, a dog, some ribs? Shot glasses are by the dining room table. You'll find many sizes to choose from. We have several rooms with different parties in each. The room at the end is where the kareokee is set up. The living room is for movies or music. Downstairs we have music & pool. But we've got to get the girls off the table first.

basite
05-25-2007, 12:08 PM
congrats with the 5k (and a bit more, at the time being) :)

am I late for tha party? I could use something to cheer me up now...

Peace,
Bert.

JohnMichael
05-25-2007, 12:10 PM
I can't just tell you. I'd have to show you.

Welcome to the party. Would you like a burger, a dog, some ribs? Shot glasses are by the dining room table. You'll find many sizes to choose from. We have several rooms with different parties in each. The room at the end is where the kareokee is set up. The living room is for movies or music. Downstairs we have music & pool. But we've got to get the girls off the table first.

Not until I am done with the photo shoot. May not be my favorite subject but the tabloids will pay plenty.

GMichael
05-25-2007, 12:29 PM
Not until I am done with the photo shoot. May not be my favorite subject but the tabloids will pay plenty.

I'll invite the neighbors. There will be no shortage of all types.

GMichael
05-25-2007, 12:44 PM

Peace,
Bert.

Welcome to the party. Come on in. You like pool? Eva thinks she can play. She keeps challenging guys to strip billiards. But she can't make a ball.

JSE
05-25-2007, 01:27 PM
Dangit! I'm always late to these things. I stopped by the watercooler and........No one?

I thought what the hell. Then I saw the memo above the cooler.

So, who's pouring shots?

By the time this thread has died, G will be at 6K.

JSEeeeeeeeeeeee!

JSE
05-25-2007, 01:31 PM
Hey, where is my favorite drinking buddy Worf? I here he plays a mean quarters! :cornut:

ForeverAutumn
05-25-2007, 01:42 PM

Peace,
Bert.

I've got the tequila. Where's Eva? Bert deserves a body shot.

bobsticks
05-25-2007, 03:15 PM

Sounds more like "Quixoticdusc" with your digital cable conondrums...

Congrats on 5000 GM, if there's any leftovers around the pool table (or beneath it or to the side for that matter) give me a call.

Cheers

Rich-n-Texas
05-25-2007, 06:57 PM
Well, it's 10 pm Texas time. I guess I missed the party. I even had my Q ready for the pool table. :(

Congrats on 5000 posts Mr. Court Jester! :thumbsup:

basite
05-26-2007, 03:25 AM
Welcome to the party. Come on in. You like pool? Eva thinks she can play. She keeps challenging guys to strip billiards. But she can't make a ball.

In that case, yes, I like pool alot :)

GMichael
05-26-2007, 04:26 AM
Dangit! I'm always late to these things. I stopped by the watercooler and........No one?

I thought what the hell. Then I saw the memo above the cooler.

So, who's pouring shots?

By the time this thread has died, G will be at 6K.

JSEeeeeeeeeeeee!

FA is pouring shots into the belly buttons of the cake girls. We're all taking turns. Slurp a few down. Get caught up.

GMichael
05-26-2007, 04:27 AM
Hey, where is my favorite drinking buddy Worf? I here he plays a mean quarters! :cornut:

He hasn't shown up yet. But we'll be at it all weekend.

Worf, if you're out there, don't forget the base.:16:

GMichael
05-26-2007, 04:29 AM
I've got the tequila. Where's Eva? Bert deserves a body shot.

You girl, are an angel. May I hold your wings back while you pour?

GMichael
05-26-2007, 04:30 AM
Sounds more like "Quixoticdusc" with your digital cable conondrums...

Congrats on 5000 GM, if there's any leftovers around the pool table (or beneath it or to the side for that matter) give me a call.

Cheers

Thanks,

Plenty available. Come on in. You like shots?

GMichael
05-26-2007, 04:38 AM
Well, it's 10 pm Texas time. I guess I missed the party. I even had my Q ready for the pool table. :(

Congrats on 5000 posts Mr. Court Jester! :thumbsup:

Thanks,

Bring that Q. The party goes on all weekend. Once the girls get off the table I'll pull the waterproof cover off and we can play.