Cross over Battles you'd love to see. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Cross over Battles you'd love to see.

Worf101
05-25-2007, 06:09 AM
I wrote a response to a thread of JSE's that got me thinkin' about mythical battles I'd love to see. Groups or folks I'd pay good money to see fight though we know they never will. Here's some you can vote on but feel free to "roll your own".

Da Worfster

Worf101
05-25-2007, 06:27 AM
Bill and Ted vs. Cheech and Chong - Bongs at 20 paces!

Harry Potter vs. Luke Skywalker - Sorcery vs. Da Force

Conan the Barbarian vs. Titus Pullo - Hooo Boy that's a dustup for the ages!!!

Cartman vs. Family Guy - Who's more self centered and gross?

Keep em comin'.

Da Worfster

GMichael
05-25-2007, 06:30 AM
I always wanted to see The dominion from DS9 meet up with the Borg from V'ger. This one should have happened. The Borg chasing Jane-way all the way back to Alpha to find the Federation loosing to the Dominion. We will assimilate your shape shifting arses.

The replicators meet the Wraith.

Dr, Who meets The knights who say ....... (what's that average velocity of a maiden African sparrow in flight?

Worf meets the original crew of "Earth Girls are Easy."

Darth Vador meets X-men.

"Heros" shows up on the island of "Lost."

GMichael
05-25-2007, 07:00 AM
KAM's wives take on Angelina Jolie and Jennifer Aniston.
The planet killer from Star Treck takes on the Death Star.
Q from STTNG takes on The Ancients.
The Last Star Fighter meets GALAXY QUEST.

GMichael
05-25-2007, 07:06 AM
The incredible shrinking man meets the 50 foot woman.
Men in Black meets Serenity.
War of the worls meets Matrix.

kexodusc
05-25-2007, 07:13 AM
How about:

Dexter vs. Grissom from CSI? Both forensic/crime scene experts - meticulous, calculated, fearless...one is also psychopathic serial killer, but that's besides the point...

Pauley Walnuts vs Mr. Pink - these guys would annoy the hell outta each other with stupid BS stories before the first punch was thrown..

Tony from "Who's the Boss" vs. Sam from "cheers" - battle of the mid 1980's ex-pro baseball player sitcom characters. Loser gets their head piece torn off.

Maximus Decimus Meridias vs. King Leonidas - a blood bath that would make even our Klingon friend turn away in revolt...

Hannibal Lector vs. Jigsaw - don't hunt what you can't killl...

And my personal dream match:
Pinhead and the Cenobites vs Mola Ram and the Thuggee Cult - torture demons vs voodoo worlocks...some weird **** there.....

Resident Loser
05-25-2007, 07:20 AM
...recall where this was first brought to my attention (one of those senior moments) but howzabout this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXeHyqlXhWY

There are some others involving Babylon 5 and Battlestar Galactica...

jimHJJ(...may the schwartz be with you...)

ADDENDUM: There seems to be a whole slew of such parody pairings...all the way from Lego Space battles to Monty Python's King Arthur vs. a young Darth Vader...LMAO...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leEsz9ci5XE&mode=related&search=

GMichael
05-25-2007, 07:38 AM
Lorena Bobbitt meets Amy Fisher.

Troy
05-25-2007, 11:08 AM
I want to see pirates fight aliens. Or a western with aliens. Why hasn't this been done?

I DO NOT want to see characters I have seen before. We so desperately need to create new mythology in this society!

GMichael
05-25-2007, 11:13 AM
I want to see pirates fight aliens. Or a western with aliens. Why hasn't this been done?

I DO NOT want to see characters I have seen before. We so desperately need to create new mythology in this society!

Firefly is a western in outer space. Does that count?
The critics called the original Star Trek a western with aliens back in the 60's. (or did they say, cowboys and indians in space?)

Troy
05-25-2007, 11:52 AM
Firefly is a western in outer space. Does that count?
The critics called the original Star Trek a western with aliens back in the 60's. (or did they say, cowboys and indians in space?)

No, I mean a real western. that takes place in 1880 in the American West. Invaded by aliens. Aliens we have never seen before.

You know, something different.

GMichael
05-25-2007, 11:55 AM
No, I mean a real western. that takes place in 1880 in the American West. Invaded by aliens. Aliens we have never seen before.

You know, something different.

Like John Wayne meets the bug blatterus beasts of troll?

FIRE AT WILL!

Poor Will.

Edit: 12 posts, still no votes. Sorry Worf. What was that one for FA? Mark me down for that.

Kam
05-26-2007, 06:27 AM

there are 3 words (one repeated) why this hasn't been done again, because hollywood is very risk averse, the horrible movie made it clear, at least in the minds of hollywood ceo's that westerns and aliens don't mix well with the public. what they don't realize is that they DO mix, what doesn't mix well with the public is a piece of crap movie. oh yeah... those 3 words...
wild wild west.

Troy
05-26-2007, 12:51 PM
there are 3 words (one repeated) why this hasn't been done again, because hollywood is very risk averse, the horrible movie made it clear, at least in the minds of hollywood ceo's that westerns and aliens don't mix well with the public. what they don't realize is that they DO mix, what doesn't mix well with the public is a piece of crap movie. oh yeah... those 3 words...
wild wild west.

Hadn't considered Wild Wild West, but the tone is still not what I'm after. WWW was too comedic, too contemporary.

How about a cross between Deadwood and Invasion from the Bodysnatchers directed by Tarantino Or Pirates of the Carribean crossed with the Day the Earth Stood Still directed by David Lynch? Get where I'm coming from?

PeruvianSkies
05-26-2007, 01:11 PM

What about the campy movie OBLIVION (1994)?

The movie WESTWORLD always appealed to me as it was Sci-Fi Westernish.

You ever see TAMMY AND THE T-REX???

Kam
05-26-2007, 03:48 PM
Hadn't considered Wild Wild West, but the tone is still not what I'm after. WWW was too comedic, too contemporary.

How about a cross between Deadwood and Invasion from the Bodysnatchers directed by Tarantino Or Pirates of the Carribean crossed with the Day the Earth Stood Still directed by David Lynch? Get where I'm coming from?

you're preaching to the choir troy, i'd love to see it too... but... given the spectacular failure of WWW and the unfortunate (nearly deliberate) failure of Firefly, i don't think you'll see a big budget scifi western around. Although... given your choice of director, seeing as tarantino is not in the DGA, i'd like to see him and rodriguez have their take on that.

actually if they did ala dusk till dawn, where they split the duties maybe, again, have tarantino set it up... a wild west bank heist that seems to be all A-ok only to have... aliens ambush our 'heroes' whereby rodriguez takes over and there's hell to pay.

Worf101
05-30-2007, 05:20 AM
This is one poll I thought would really have some juice. Guess I was wrong. I figured I'd give all you folks a chance for your dream match-ups. Well I'll keep pluggin' away.

Da Worfster

Rich-n-Texas
05-30-2007, 05:43 AM
Didn't realize 'til after I voted that this was an ongoing thread...

I voted for Electra vs The Bride when I read "no clothes either". :thumbsup:

My dream matchup though would be Batman vs Spiderman. Batman wins of course.

GMichael
05-30-2007, 06:50 AM
Didn't realize 'til after I voted that this was an ongoing thread...

I voted for Electra vs The Bride when I read "no clothes either". :thumbsup:

My dream matchup though would be Batman vs Spiderman. Batman wins of course.

No way! Spidy would wrap him up in a few seconds.

Rich-n-Texas
05-30-2007, 07:13 AM
No. The Batmobile would squish Spiderman!!! That thing is baaaaada$$$$$$$!

GMichael
05-30-2007, 08:10 AM
No. The Batmobile would squish Spiderman!!! That thing is baaaaada$$$$$$$!

Spidy would just side step him till he got out of that car/tank. Then it's cocoon city baby.

Rich-n-Texas
05-30-2007, 08:36 AM
GM. Just as toads eat spiders, so too do bats eat spiders. It's the natural order of things; the way mother nature intended it and you can't change that!

Thank you please drive through... :biggrin5:

bobsticks
05-30-2007, 08:41 AM
This is one poll I thought would really have some juice. Guess I was wrong. I figured I'd give all you folks a chance for your dream match-ups. Well I'll keep pluggin' away.

Da Worfster

Hey Worfsta,

There may have been opportunities for "juice enhancement". Just MHO, but I was at best passively interested in most of the pre-chosen entrants of the poll. Maybe JLA v. X-Men for the special effects...

And in the case of the last selection I didn't understand it. Who's the "Ben" that's takin' on Hitler? Ben Affleck? Ben Yahuda? Benjie Franklin?

I'll tell ya what I'd like to see: Lechter versus Sherlock Holmes, and since Basil Rathbone isn't available maybe Jeremy Irons filling the role. If you think Holmes' fencing and mastery of the violin is outclassed by Hannibal's sheer psychotic ferocity, how's about Goldberg as Watson for a touch of comedic relief and sheer physical brutality.

Peace

PS. Sorry GM, Batz pummels Spidey into arachnid pulp

Rich-n-Texas
05-30-2007, 08:46 AM
Ben was the rat in the movie...?

Williard!

Kam
05-30-2007, 08:46 AM
Spidy would just side step him till he got out of that car/tank. Then it's cocoon city baby.

if Batman can beat Superman.....

Rich-n-Texas
05-30-2007, 08:50 AM
You're on the losing end of this battle GM. I'll take that green chicklet now! :biggrin5:

GMichael
05-30-2007, 10:06 AM
if Batman can beat Superman.....

He can't. That was all just for show. Batman is paying Clark off on the side.

Worf101
05-31-2007, 06:56 AM
Spiderman beats Batman - You gotta run out of gadgets sooner or later.

Batman beats Superman - The big blue boy scout does NOTHING for me.

Oh and the "Ben" we're talking about is the leader of "The Others" on "LOsT". He is without a doubt the most disgusting duplicitous, backstabbin' bastiche in the history of Television. Makes J.R. Ewing look like Da Pope.

Da Worfster

Rich-n-Texas
05-31-2007, 07:11 AM
Spiderman beats Batman - You gotta run out of gadgets sooner or later.
Again, the Batmobile, with those big-a$$ semi tires on it took care of Spidey (=1 gadget)

Batman beats Superman - The big blue boy scout does NOTHING for me.
I remember watching both TV shows back in the 60's. The Batman show had more cool effects: POW, ZOINK... but I think Superman looked like he was stronger. JMO

Oh and the "Ben" we're talking about is the leader of "The Others" on "LOsT". He is without a doubt the most disgusting duplicitous, backstabbin' bastiche in the history of Television. Makes J.R. Ewing look like Da Pope.
A rat is a rat is a rat, right? :biggrin5: