Help identifying my Paradigm loudspeakers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Help identifying my Paradigm loudspeakers

Winger
05-24-2007, 11:14 PM
Hi Everyone,
I picked up these large Paradigm floorstanding loudspeakers yesterday,
but they have lost their labels from the back near the binding posts.
They are 42 inches high, 15 inches deep, and 11 inches wide.
With 2 x 8 inch bass drivers, 1 x 6 Inch Midrange driver, and a 1 inch dome tweeter.
Can anybody help with what model they are??
Made in 1995.
thanks
mark

SunZmSpark
05-25-2007, 04:37 AM
I believe they're the Paradigm 11SEMK3 model. Here's a craigslist listing with photos http://harrisburg.craigslist.org/ele/333154095.html

Winger
05-25-2007, 05:19 AM
Thankyou SunZmSpark,
now I need to source a replacement tweeter for them, as one of the tweeters is dead.
Since I have the model number the task will be a bit easier.

thankyou.
Mark

Woochifer
05-29-2007, 05:24 PM
You might be in luck if those Paradigm models use OEM-supplied tweeters. It was around the mid-90s that Paradigm started making the majority of their tweeters themselves, and obtaining replacements directly from Paradigm might be more expensive than just hunting down a set of used speakers and cannibalizing them for parts. But, before that time Paradigm bought their tweeters from OEM suppliers that are readily available to end users.

Might want to check AudioAsylum or one of the DIY sites and get a reference on the tweeters that Paradigm used for your particular model. At one point on this board, we did have a discussion on this topic, but that dates back to the old AR board and there's no easy to search for the topic.

BTW, how are you sure that the tweeter itself is dead? Often times an inactive driver might have more of an issue with a bad solder or circuit on the crossover.

MikeyBC
05-31-2007, 04:53 PM
If they are OEM supplied tweeters they're more than likely Vifa's. Email or call Paradigm themselves and they tell you.