Rush: Snakes & Arrows [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Rush: Snakes & Arrows

3-LockBox
05-24-2007, 03:43 PM
I hate to say it, but this one ain't grabbin me

Of course its competantly done, and its mastered a bit better than the last one, but still, I get a "been there, done that" feeling when I listen to it. Maybe its a grower.

**sigh**

Dave_G
05-29-2007, 05:42 PM
It's lame as hell.

Just like that last few.

Geddy needs to retire as lead vocalist and let someone else sing. Their recent cd's have that annoying overdub vocal crap and it just irritates the stew out of me.

I am way dissapointed in this release. I think Rush is history, even though I absolutely love everything they did up to Roll the Bones.

Dave

ForeverAutumn
05-29-2007, 05:59 PM
I have to disagree here. I am totally digging the new disk. There are a couple of weak tracks on it, but overall I like it better than Vapour Trails or Test for Echo.

As for the "been there, done that", I agree with you there. There's really nothing new on the disk, but that can be said about a lot of bands that we continue to buy albums for.

Dave_G
05-29-2007, 06:03 PM
Ya, FA, but you live in their backyard and you have to like 'em!

LOL

I just miss the older style, that's all. I really wanna see 'em this summer. Still holding out for that front row ticket, ya know!

I think live, they still rule.

Dave

3-LockBox
05-29-2007, 11:10 PM
Their recent cd's have that annoying overdub vocal crap and it just irritates the stew out of me.

I know it shouldn't bug me, but I've noticed it too, and I have a hard time with it. But its not like we're talking about a stellar vovalist anyway.

As for the "been there, done that", I agree with you there. There's really nothing new on the disk, but that can be said about a lot of bands that we continue to buy albums for.

Touche - I guess PT comes to mind...maybe I'll warm up to it after a while...hey, it took me five years to figure out that I loved the song Available Light from Presto.

N. Abstentia
05-30-2007, 03:24 AM
I'm still undecided overall, but I do like it better than Vapor Trails at least.

And yes, Geddy's vocals have become very annoying. Those overdubs and "whoo whoooooaaa whoaaaaa whooooooo" crap makes me cringe.

kexodusc
05-30-2007, 03:41 AM
Not their greatest stuff, but easily their greatest effort in over a decade plus. I really enjoy this album, especially the instrumentals. I can think of 5 other Rush albums this one trounces. Lyrically, they've never been stronger, but that can only take the album so far.
There's a bit too much filler for my liking but there's a few tunes that just rock hard Rush style. I can't wait to see them play some of these. I remember how awesome the tunes on Vapor Trails were live, it was like hearing them for the first time.