Chris Rea anyone? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Chris Rea anyone?

Demetrio
05-22-2007, 06:11 AM
Hi, folks, glad to be here again, after some time without posting.

So, anybody else into the awesome music of this British artist?

I became a huge Chris Rea fan from the moment I listened to his brilliant "The Road to Hell" album, a while ago. Since then, I have bought some other great cd's from this artist, such as "Shamrock Diaries", "Auberge", "Dancing with Strangers" and "Espresso Logic".

One thing amazes me a lot about his discs: the almost-audiophile quality of the recordings, featuring incredible transparence and huge soundstage. And also the great quality of the music itself, with elaborated arrangements and a very diverse palete of stiles and influences.

Kind regards,
Demetrio.

ForeverAutumn
05-22-2007, 07:14 AM
I've heard of Chris Rea, but am not familiar with his music. But a recommendation from you is as good as gold in my books.

Great to see you back here! :yesnod: :D

Swish
05-22-2007, 07:54 AM
Hi, folks, glad to be here again, after some time without posting.

So, anybody else into the awesome music of this British artist?

I became a huge Chris Rea fan from the moment I listened to his brilliant "The Road to Hell" album, a while ago. Since then, I have bought some other great cd's from this artist, such as "Shamrock Diaries", "Auberge", "Dancing with Strangers" and "Espresso Logic".

One thing amazes me a lot about his discs: the almost-audiophile quality of the recordings, featuring incredible transparence and huge soundstage. And also the great quality of the music itself, with elaborated arrangements and a very diverse palete of stiles and influences.

Kind regards,
Demetrio.

...we'll be hearing from cz, cc, Alung, Finchy, RPM, PwrPopGuy, beatlebob, Whooptee, TodH, JeffH, Snowbunny or Umrswimr.

Hope all is well way down yonder and that you've grown tired of prog. :)

Welcome back,
Grandpa Swish

Demetrio
05-22-2007, 08:30 AM
Hope all is well way down yonder and that you've grown tired of prog. :)

Hey, Swish, not tired of prog yet. But always expanding my musical horizons more and more. ;-)

Best regards,
Demetrio.

Demetrio
05-22-2007, 01:50 PM
I've heard of Chris Rea, but am not familiar with his music. But a recommendation from you is as good as gold in my books.

Great to see you back here! :yesnod: :D
Hi, FA, very glad to see you again. ;-)

In the case you want to check some Chris Rea stuff, I would recommend to start with these two:

- The Road to Hell (1)
- Auberge

Kind regards,
Demetrio.