Movie & Dvd's [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Movie & Dvd's

s dog
05-20-2007, 12:16 PM
Has this ever happened to you where you go see a movie at the theater and dont care for the film at all, and then see it on dvd and really like it, Thats what happen to me this weekend with pirates of the caribbean dead man chest. I gave it a rent before NO.3 comes out so i could remember the story and for some reason i really injoyed the film, but at the theater i didn't care for it at all. Maybe it just to hard to focus at the theater with all the noise and teenagers walking in front of me every 2 min and all that kinda stuff. I had this happen to me one other time but i cant recall what movie it was.

PeruvianSkies
05-20-2007, 02:43 PM
Has this ever happened to you where you go see a movie at the theater and dont care for the film at all, and then see it on dvd and really like it, Thats what happen to me this weekend with pirates of the caribbean dead man chest. I gave it a rent before NO.3 comes out so i could remember the story and for some reason i really injoyed the film, but at the theater i didn't care for it at all. Maybe it just to hard to focus at the theater with all the noise and teenagers walking in front of me every 2 min and all that kinda stuff. I had this happen to me one other time but i cant recall what movie it was.

What you are experiencing I call "Cinema Fatigue" which is very common when you have certain expectations when you arrive at the theater and then whether it has to do with the timing, the atmosphere, your mood, or any combination of factors you are just disappointed with the experience. At home you are in a more controlled environment where you can simply sit back and relax. You don't have to worry about interruptions you can leave and go to the bathroom at your leisure without missing anything and most importantly you can stop it if you wish without feeling like you wasted time & money.

Don't worry you DID see the same film, but this simply goes to show why it's so vital to be in the right mood, right climate, right atmosphere when watching a movie in the cinema. I have had this experience many many times. I will also say the opposite is equally true, where you LOVE the movie at the cinema, but are bored at home. I recall this happening with two films in particular JURASSIC PARK III and PEARL HARBOR.

Anyway, you are not crazy.

s dog
05-20-2007, 05:05 PM
What you are experiencing I call "Cinema Fatigue" which is very common when you have certain expectations when you arrive at the theater and then whether it has to do with the timing, the atmosphere, your mood, or any combination of factors you are just disappointed with the experience. At home you are in a more controlled environment where you can simply sit back and relax. You don't have to worry about interruptions you can leave and go to the bathroom at your leisure without missing anything and most importantly you can stop it if you wish without feeling like you wasted time & money.

Don't worry you DID see the same film, but this simply goes to show why it's so vital to be in the right mood, right climate, right atmosphere when watching a movie in the cinema. I have had this experience many many times. I will also say the opposite is equally true, where you LOVE the movie at the cinema, but are bored at home. I recall this happening with two films in particular JURASSIC PARK III and PEARL HARBOR.

Anyway, you are not crazy. Yea i agree with you 100% about timimg, Sometimes i go to the theater after working hard all week and im darn near worn'out, but its the only free time i have to go, Im sure it takes away from the theater experience when you are really tired and beat.