new speaker for Nad gear ...pls help [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : new speaker for Nad gear ...pls help

leong
05-18-2007, 05:14 AM
dear guy, i've just been upgrade old denon sys to Nad
not quite new from Nad but i've got it for good price. the sys include CD 542, pre 162, pow 272. due to my old jamo could not get best job from the new Nad, then i think about to upgrade the jamo as well.
the budget will be arround 1000-2000 USA
note that my room are 6m x 4m and 3m ceilling with tile floor
my type of music are 20% classic, 20% jazz, 40% pop and 20% other...... im not a fan of techno...
so these are the speaker that im looking for
Jamo: D590, C607, C605, C805, C807, C809
B&W: 602s3, 603s3, 704, 703... up to 805
JMlap: chorus 807V, 816V, 826V, 836V
Dynaudio: audiance 52, 122 and focus 110, 140
Kef: iq7, iq9
PSB: T45, T65
those are the speaker that dealers hold in my area, but none of them have NAD gear, so i could not demo my sys. any guy have experien with Nad gear please help... thanks

markw
05-18-2007, 05:31 AM
One good thing is that the NAD is a fairly hefty unit and can easily drive many speakers. Another good thing is that it's your speaker that determines 99.5% of the sound you hear. The amp's contribution is negligible, assuming it has the requisite clean power to drive the speaker.

If you did your listening using a power amp of similar power to your NAD, you got a fairly decent representation of what the speaker will sound like with your amp. If not, you should have.

The only variable, which nobody can really answer, is how they will sound in your home. I'd say go listen to the speakers, narrow down your choices to one or two per line, and finally work out some home trials with your local dealers and use that for your final decision. A tile floor will boost the mids/highs, though.

leong
05-20-2007, 12:29 AM
thx for your reply Markw, the Nad sys seems to be so good with term of power as well as power handling, that why i looking for the long term speaker as well, i have been demo some speaker over few days, Kef, jamo and dyn are quite good for my taste, but they were played with other amp, may be i have to ask for take those speaker home and demo with my Nad.

basite
05-20-2007, 01:10 AM
well the B&W's 604's are good speakers, their 700 series are a tad to bright for me.
the focals (jmlab) chorus 836 is a really good speaker, and it plays very good with nad gear, I like them more than the B&W 604's
dynaudio's are really good speakers too, completely different than the B&W's and Focals.

It's your choice, they're your ears, and your speakers, not mine. You should audition them, and more if you find them. then choose the one you like the best.

Good luck,
Bert.

leong
05-20-2007, 05:02 AM
but any guy here can tell me about Kef and Jamo. Basite saying true about chorus 836, but how its compare to Jamo D590, C809 and Kef IQ9.
so my decision will narrow down to these Chorus, Kef and Jamo

emorphien
05-23-2007, 02:41 PM
PSB and Focal (JMlabs) go well with NAD IMO, Dynaudio should be good as well.

leong
05-31-2007, 08:33 PM
how abt monitor audio RS6 or RS8, are they go well with Nad for my type of music...anyone??

PeruvianSkies
05-31-2007, 09:39 PM
how abt monitor audio RS6 or RS8, are they go well with Nad for my type of music...anyone??

Dude, no offense, but we can't do all the work for you on this. You are the one who has to like how it sounds as you will be the one listening to it and not us. Therefore, your best bet is to audition, audition, and audition speakers until you find something you like. Pair things together with NAD and see what happens. PSB and NAD are a very common pair and are likely to get satisfactory results as others have mentioned. There are many other good combinations to go with, but the bottom line is that it needs to be what YOU want, not us. There is nothing wrong with asking for advice, suggestions, opinions, but make sure that you don't just take our word for it.