Nearfest 2004 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Nearfest 2004

DPM
02-20-2004, 12:00 AM
I'm just curious if anyone here is going to Nearfest this year. Personally, I think I'm going to skip this one. The lineup doesn't do much for me, and I did make the last three. I am glad that it's back in Bethlehem. It's a much nicer environment for the event.

Also, I'm temted to attend one of the Baja Prog festivals. This year was a no go, but next year is a possibility. Especially, since I plan on moving west. Has anyone here gone to Baja Prog?

Dave M

BarryL
02-20-2004, 06:34 AM
I'm just curious if anyone here is going to Nearfest this year. Personally, I think I'm going to skip this one. The lineup doesn't do much for me, and I did make the last three. I am glad that it's back in Bethlehem. It's a much nicer environment for the event.

Also, I'm temted to attend one of the Baja Prog festivals. This year was a no go, but next year is a possibility. Especially, since I plan on moving west. Has anyone here gone to Baja Prog?

Dave M

I've been talking about going to Nearfest for the past few years, but it's not going to happen again this year. One of the problems is that my young kids are still in school in June. Too bad they don't move it to July. One of these years.

Someone should do a NorthFest, and hold the same show the following weekend near Toronto! That would work very well for me.

ForeverAutumn
02-20-2004, 06:58 AM
Someone should do a NorthFest, and hold the same show the following weekend near Toronto! That would work very well for me.

How hard would it be to organize one of these festivals? What would the liabilities be?

Dave_G
02-20-2004, 07:06 AM
I would LOVE to go to Nearfest or Baja Prog.

Pallas is playing, and Strawbs, and The Musical Box!!!! (@nearfest)

IQ @ Baja Prog.

FA,

Nearfest takes a HUGE amount of work. All of those things do. Full time job.

Dave

Troy
02-20-2004, 07:49 AM
Isn't Keneally one of the Nearfest headliners too?

Yeah, I'd go.

No interest in Baja tho. Never have had a good time in Mexico. The place makes me feel like an ugly American.

BarryL
02-20-2004, 02:14 PM
Isn't Keneally one of the Nearfest headliners too?

Yeah, I'd go.

No interest in Baja tho. Never have had a good time in Mexico. The place makes me feel like an ugly American.

Do you mean ideologically or anatomically?

DPM
02-20-2004, 03:16 PM
[QUOTE=BarryL]I've been talking about going to Nearfest for the past few years, but it's not going to happen again this year. One of the problems is that my young kids are still in school in June. Too bad they don't move it to July. One of these years.

Someone should do a NorthFest, and hold the same show the following weekend near Toronto! That would work very well for me.[/QUOTE

Hi BarryL,

Go to Nearfest.com. I think that it's being held in early July this year. Tickets go on sale on March 20th.

Dave M

BarryL
02-20-2004, 05:43 PM
[QUOTE=BarryL]I've been talking about going to Nearfest for the past few years, but it's not going to happen again this year. One of the problems is that my young kids are still in school in June. Too bad they don't move it to July. One of these years.

Someone should do a NorthFest, and hold the same show the following weekend near Toronto! That would work very well for me.[/QUOTE

Hi BarryL,

Go to Nearfest.com. I think that it's being held in early July this year. Tickets go on sale on March 20th.

Dave M

Dave: I need you to confirm your address for me, 'cause I want to send some stuff out soon. I have two, one on Orchard Ave and the other on Kenyon Ct. Let me know. If you want you can e-mail me at linetsky(at)istar.ca.

Dusty Chalk
02-21-2004, 06:53 PM
I would like to go to Coachella this year.