Who likes Alabama Thunderpussy? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Who likes Alabama Thunderpussy?

3-LockBox
05-17-2007, 11:52 AM
Imagine if Mastadon played slower and had a decent singer. This is a hard edged southern rock band (thus the title) that just put out (pun intended) a pretty kickass album. Not terribly original, but a good alternative to deathmetal for those who want hard driving (damn puns) rock without the grunting or growling (no pun intended, sorta).

Swish
05-17-2007, 12:40 PM
Imagine if Mastadon played slower and had a decent singer. This is a hard edged southern rock band (thus the title) that just put out (pun intended) a pretty kickass album. Not terribly original, but a good alternative to deathmetal for those who want hard driving (damn puns) rock without the grunting or growling (no pun intended, sorta).

I'm sure someone else will post it in my stead.

Grandpa Swish

GMichael
05-17-2007, 01:11 PM
I'm sure someone else will post it in my stead.

Grandpa Swish

Too easy. I'll pass too.

Duds
05-18-2007, 08:51 AM
I dig em. They actually have 5 or 6 albums.

I think saying its an alternative to death metal is taking it to the extremes though. Just my opinion. They definitely know how to rock n roll though

kexodusc
05-18-2007, 09:34 AM
Imagine if Mastadon played slower and had a decent singer.

Hmmm...okay...

3-LockBox
05-18-2007, 10:17 AM
Hmmm...okay...

I use Mastadon as an example because both them and Alabama Thunderpussy are tinted with sothern hard rock, and both are currently relevant.

Now if I had said, "Imagine if Iced Earth played slower and had a decent singer"...

:ciappa:

kexodusc
05-18-2007, 10:40 AM
I use Mastadon as an example because both them and Alabama Thunderpussy are tinted with sothern hard rock, and both are currently relevant.

Now if I had said, "Imagine if Iced Earth played slower and had a decent singer"...

:ciappa:

I was just having fun...actually, I like all the above...

3-LockBox
05-18-2007, 10:53 AM
I was just having fun...actually, I like all the above...

Me too, actually

bobsticks
05-20-2007, 11:15 AM
I had a great night at the Floribama once.