And what about Guster? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : And what about Guster?

3-LockBox
05-17-2007, 11:22 AM
These guys are on the Endless Highway tribute album and I figured I'd check them out and whaddiya know, they're perty good. Anyone here already know this?

I guess they had an album come out last year or so. Satellite is a song I hear on the cable quite a bit as well.

ForeverAutumn
05-17-2007, 11:26 AM
Finchy put some Guster on a comp that he sent me a while back. I commented on how much I liked the song, so he sent me the CD (the real thing, not a CDR!). What a guy! Too bad he was eaten by a bear.

I can't remember the name of the CD off-hand, but I like it and have some other CDs of theirs on my wish list.

I recently saw that they were opening for someone big this summer. Was it Dream Theater? Can't remember.

Edit: Just checked the Guster web site and they're opening for Barenaked Ladies. A better match-up than DT, LOL. I have no idea where I would have seen that, since I haven't been on the BNL web site in years. Maybe it was an HOB email.

3-LockBox
05-17-2007, 11:56 AM
I like BNLs stab at The Stamps Quartet on their Sound Of Your Voice song. I hope they do an a'capella version.

Monkey Bones
05-17-2007, 12:07 PM
These guys are on the Endless Highway tribute album and I figured I'd check them out and whaddiya know, they're perty good. Anyone here already know this?
Yea, good band, albeit kind of popular, and hence not quite as good as they could be if they were a bit more distinctive sounding. Very good live CD that my buddy Tricky Ricky sent me. He's pretty cool, ya know. And so is Guster, But I only have one CD and one DVD.

http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=2354

BTW, that MTV show covering the Femmes was pretty cool. Especially when Gordon Gano came out to do the lead on Gone Daddy Gone. Rip it up!

3-LockBox
05-17-2007, 12:38 PM
Yea, good band, albeit kind of popular, and hence not quite as good as they could be if they were a bit more distinctive sounding.

Indie snob :ciappa:

;)