"T-Shirt Weather" [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : "T-Shirt Weather"

Rae
05-16-2007, 11:26 AM
I think this might be my favorite Lucksmiths song right now. I just made a summery mixtape and it's sounding so good right between "Rockaway Beach" and The Go! Team's "Bottle Rocket" (followed by Jens Lekman - "A Sweet Summer Night on Hammer Hill"-- this tape is bananas!!). I can't stop listening to it!

'Sayin is all!

~Rae

Rae
05-16-2007, 12:46 PM
Hey, what a coincidence! I just surfed on over to the Matinee (http://www.indiepages.com/matinee/order.html) website and discovered that they're having a spring cleaning sale! Indie pop fans take note-- that means that you can splurge on tons of great stuff at drastically discounted prices (including the 7" I just referenced above for only two bucks!). Don't think I didn't already snap up that Sarah Records tribute 7" or the second Math & Physics Club EP...

http://www.indiepages.com/matinee/order.html

~Rae

Jim Clark
05-16-2007, 01:56 PM
please tell me that "mix tape" is just slang for a CDR compliation or at the very least *gasp* an MP3 portable thingie collection. Nobody uses tape anymore!

Never got that last Lucksmiths CD. I'll remedy that tomorrow when I visit the "record" store.

jc

Rae
05-16-2007, 02:33 PM
please tell me that "mix tape" is just slang for a CDR compliation or at the very least *gasp* an MP3 portable thingie collection. Nobody uses tape anymore!

No way, dude! "Mix tape" in this case is slang for "Robert Plant Now and Zen with pieces of Scotch tape on it".

~Rae

Slosh
05-16-2007, 02:50 PM
I'm partial to "The Music Next Door" myself from Warmer Corners. tweee

Stone
05-16-2007, 03:38 PM
The Lucksmiths are so 5 years ago. The Zebras are where it's at.

Actually, I think "The Year of Living Langourously" is probably my favorite Lucksmiths song (although "T-Shirt Weather" is a great one, and the thread title definitely caught my attention).

Darling roll the window down
I can't breathe
And I want to feel the northerly down my sleeve
I love a sunburnt elbow pointing to the sea

GMichael
05-17-2007, 05:05 AM
When does "Wet T-shirt Weather" come out?

Stone
05-17-2007, 07:47 AM
No way, dude! "Mix tape" in this case is slang for "Robert Plant Now and Zen with pieces of Scotch tape on it".

~Rae

Awesome.