So i just got my Onkyo TX-SR604 avr [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : So i just got my Onkyo TX-SR604 avr

vnguyen1l
05-16-2007, 09:37 AM
everything seems good. i just had a couple of questions. hoepfully somebody is familar with this avr to help answer these questions.

1. i have my ps3 HDMI input through my avr. my avr output to sony lcd tv. will this effect my 1080p or my resolution?

2. there's only 2 hdmi input on avr. my directv hd receiever and ps3 is taking both slot. will a hdmi switch solve this problem? do i plug this switch in to one of the avr's hdmi iput and from there use the hdmi switch output to my tv? or should i use the output from the avr to the tv?

3. if i were to plug my ps3 or directv receiver directly in to my tv. is it possible to have the audio still come out from avr surround sound?

Sorry guys. i'm kind of new to the home theatre world. trying to understand it the best i can.

Thanks in advance.

L.J.
05-16-2007, 11:23 AM
everything seems good. i just had a couple of questions. hoepfully somebody is familar with this avr to help answer these questions.

1. i have my ps3 HDMI input through my avr. my avr output to sony lcd tv. will this effect my 1080p or my resolution?

2. there's only 2 hdmi input on avr. my directv hd receiever and ps3 is taking both slot. will a hdmi switch solve this problem? do i plug this switch in to one of the avr's hdmi iput and from there use the hdmi switch output to my tv? or should i use the output from the avr to the tv?

3. if i were to plug my ps3 or directv receiver directly in to my tv. is it possible to have the audio still come out from avr surround sound?

Sorry guys. i'm kind of new to the home theatre world. trying to understand it the best i can.

Thanks in advance.

1. Nope

2. Solve what problem? Are you saying you have more than 2 HDMI sources?

3. Yup. If you had to make a choice, you should plug your direct tv directly into your tv via hdmi and optical cable from direct tv recv to avr for surround sound. Run hdmi from your PS3 to avr so you can listen to the uncompressed PCM tracks found on most BR.