Hiding cables [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hiding cables

nightflier
05-14-2007, 11:14 AM
So I went to Home Depot & Lowes this weekend to try and find a clean way to run cables along the wall. Selection was scarce and unattractive, but the bigger problem is that I'm running components and a few others, and nothing they had would fit everything I have to run. I suppose I could run two conduits, but that would not be ideal. Anyhow, I need options and choices.

Are there any companies or online shops that specialize in this stuff? Where do contractors buy their supplies?

Luvin Da Blues
05-14-2007, 12:13 PM
So I went to Home Depot & Lowes this weekend to try and find a clean way to run cables along the wall. Selection was scarce and unattractive, but the bigger problem is that I'm running components and a few others, and nothing they had would fit everything I have to run. I suppose I could run two conduits, but that would not be ideal. Anyhow, I need options and choices.

Are there any companies or online shops that specialize in this stuff? Where do contractors buy their supplies?

Try a local electrical supply house and ask for the "PANDUIT" line or something similar.

Rich-n-Texas
05-15-2007, 11:05 AM
Here ya go... http://cableorganizer.com/wire-duct/

Westcott posted this link in a Home Theater thread. If nothing else, it'll give you an idea of what's out there. I've got some cable issues I'll have to deal with eventually too.

nightflier
05-16-2007, 03:06 PM
Here ya go... http://cableorganizer.com/wire-duct/

Westcott posted this link in a Home Theater thread. If nothing else, it'll give you an idea of what's out there. I've got some cable issues I'll have to deal with eventually too.

I'm using cables that cost less! Maybe I should stick with another brand.

O'Shag
06-30-2007, 01:54 AM
I use white plastic mouldings that run along the base of a wall, and I did find this at home depot. Comes in different lengths, I got a couple of six footers. They are designed to be fixed to the wall, but I just run mine along the floor. The moulding strip is hollow, and inside there are three cable trenches running perpendicular to each other from one end of the strip to the other- which is useful to seperate interconnects from powercords. I think its a decent solution because the the strip opens and clips shut firmly, keeping things neat. If you try and run many cables, including thick ones through it can be difficult to close. My young lady hates cables all over the place and I can't blame her. Nothing spoils the presentation of the system more than untidy cables bulging out all over the place, and it is challenging to do it when the system is large, and when an open rack is used as compared to a closed cabinet arrangement. But even with an open rack, its good to have a neat presentation....