Pioneer VSX-516 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer VSX-516

Rock789
05-12-2007, 12:25 PM
My brother got a pionner vsx-516 and it will not play dts or dolby digital using digital coax input 1...

it will play 2ch, and when we select "standard" mode, rather than going to dts or dd, it switches to prologic and several other simulated surrounds...

any help would be great,
thanks,
Mike

recoveryone
05-12-2007, 12:34 PM
First off, you need to make sure the source is sending a DD/DTS signal. 2nd make sure you have the input (toslink or Coax) is selected to match the source input I.E input 1 is for DVD. 3rd make sure you have the receiver in digital mode and not analog. Just putting the AVR in standard mode does not automaticlly put it in digital mode.

kelsci
05-12-2007, 01:22 PM
Also be sure to set your dvd player to output BITSTREAM.

Rock789
05-12-2007, 01:31 PM
First off, you need to make sure the source is sending a DD/DTS signal. 2nd make sure you have the input (toslink or Coax) is selected to match the source input I.E input 1 is for DVD. 3rd make sure you have the receiver in digital mode and not analog. Just putting the AVR in standard mode does not automaticlly put it in digital mode.

1) dvd player is sending dd or dts,
2) coax 1 is selected in the setup menu (only audio input from dvd player)

3) the receiver is set to use the digital input (this may be toggled between digital, analog, or auto) If this is not what you are refering, please specify what to do.

Also be sure to set your dvd player to output BITSTREAM.
I'll check this right now

Thanks for the prompt replys guys,
Mike

Rock789
05-12-2007, 01:42 PM
THANKS A TON!

it was the BITSTREAM setting in the DVD player...

have a great evening guys,
Mike