Thanks, Rae! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Thanks, Rae!

Audio Girl
05-11-2007, 06:31 PM
First, let me say how great it is to see that you are actively posting at AR again. You have always been one of my fave AR regulars, enjoying your recs and looking forward to your well-written insight.

For the first time in a long time, I was lurking at AR the other night, and read your post about Amy Winehouse. Absolutely loved your description of her new CD, which peaked my curiousity enough to listen to quite a bit of her music online that night (courtesy of itunes, Amazon, you tube, etc). I decided to bite the bullet today and purchase the CD, which was on sale at Barnes & Noble.

This CD is phenomenal, possibly my favorite release of 2007, closely followed by the Shin's "Wincing" or Mary Chapin Carpenter's "The Calling". I couldn't do justice to describing this release in the way you did. I'll just say that the music reminds me alot of the R&B that I grew up with...listened to and loved as a kid and adolescent. AW has her own unique persona but at times she reminds me of various R&B female crooners with a touch of Kirsty MacColl and Lauryn Hill thrown in for good measure.

This is Super Pop at its best. I could care less that the recording stinks. I actually did not take notice of that until I read a post on the original thread. The music is THAT good.

Highly recommended. Thanks again, Rae.

Rae
05-13-2007, 05:35 AM
You know what the funny part about this is, Mary? After my "audiobill appreciation thread," next on my list was "Audio Girl appreciation thread". Maybe I'll start it anyway. Don't hardly see you around here enough either...

I'm glad you like the Amy Winehouse, but it doesn't need my pimping! This one sells itself, and I'm surprised it hadn't invaded everyone else's consciousness with the buzz it's been getting...

~Rae

Audio Girl
05-13-2007, 03:19 PM
You know, Rae, one of these days we are going to meet. My best friend still lives in Minneapolis (Edina), and I am due to visit her sometime this year or next. When I do, I hope you have time to allow me the opportunity to buy you lunch or dinner.

Amy Winehouse ROCKS!!!!!! I love that Rehab song, plus all the rest...

PeruvianSkies
05-13-2007, 04:26 PM
sniff sniff.

Audio Girl
05-13-2007, 07:43 PM
PeruvianSkies, I feel so sorry for you. Hang in there, dude.

PeruvianSkies
05-13-2007, 08:20 PM
PeruvianSkies, I feel so sorry for you. Hang in there, dude.

No worries...I am a trooper. I can make it through for sure.

Stone
05-14-2007, 10:41 AM
You know what the funny part about this is, Mary? After my "audiobill appreciation thread," next on my list was "Audio Girl appreciation thread". Maybe I'll start it anyway. Don't hardly see you around here enough either...

I'm glad you like the Amy Winehouse, but it doesn't need my pimping! This one sells itself, and I'm surprised it hadn't invaded everyone else's consciousness with the buzz it's been getting...

~Rae

Man, if you're going in alpha order, I'm going to have to wait a while.

Not that AG doesn't deserve the thread, or that I do deserve one....