Are all Sales People insane? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Are all Sales People insane?

GMichael
05-10-2007, 06:52 AM
I just got a call from one of our Sales team. Here is the question she had for me.

Me: Hi Jane (not her real name) What's up?
Jane: Mike?
Me: Yes, this is Mike. What's up Jane?
Jane: This is Jane.
Me: OK, Hi Jane. You have a question?
Jane: Hi Mike.
Me: Hi.
Jane: Can I ask you a question?
Me: Uh, sure.
Jane: I've got this customer on the phone.
Me: uh huh.
Jane: He's from Japan.
Me: Cool.
Jane: Well, he doesn't live in Japan anymore.
Me: Oh.
Jane: He moved to New York.
Me: OK.
Jane: But then he moved to Texas.
Me: Of coarse he did.
Jane: He has a daughter in college now.
Me: Is she cute?
Jane: Huh? I don't know.
Me: That's ok. I was just joking. What does she need?
Jane: Well, she's going to SMU.
Jane: She's taking Computer Science.
Me: I'm married.
Jane: Huh, what?
Me: Never mind.
Jane: What did you mean?
Me: It was just a joke. Please tell me what you need.
Jane: Oh, ah. Ha ha. She's got a laptop.
Me: Yup.
Jane: She took it with her to spring break.
Me: Big mistake.
Jane: Yeah, I guess it was. Some guy she met there was into volleyball.
Me: And?
Jane: Well he spilled beer all over it while she was playing. And then it fell in the sand.
Me: Not good.
Jane: Yeah, the keyboard is all messed up now.
Me: So she needs a keyboard?
Jane: Yeah.
Me: OK, so?
Jane: It's part number P000??????.
Jane: But our system says that it's been discontinued and that we can't get anymore.
Me: Bummer.
Jane: Can we still get these?
Me: (long pause) So he's from Japan you say?

JohnMichael
05-10-2007, 07:36 AM
GMichael I would have so much fun working with you.

GMichael
05-10-2007, 07:41 AM
GMichael I would have so much fun working with you.

I'm sure we'd have some laughs.
So, are you from Japan?

JohnMichael
05-10-2007, 07:56 AM
I'm sure we'd have some laughs.
So, are you from Japan?

No, but I do spill beer.

Resident Loser
05-10-2007, 07:57 AM
...of the opinion that these days that the majority of people just don't listen, or half-listen, or just don't understand...my wife and I think it may be something in the water...

I used to think that most folks were like me...willing to extend themselves to help as much as they could...to be prompt...courteous...conscientious...exhibiting a reasonable amount of commom sense in the process...qualities that now seem to be in short supply...

I don't know if it's because I'm getting older, but it strikes me that most folks are simply idiots, that they are fortunate that breathing and heartbeat are functions of the autonomic nervous system...If they had two consecutive thoughts they'd faint from overexertion...

I've seen some children who have had just about everything in their lives choreographed by way-too-accomodating parents and as a result they have become young adults who are incapable of rational thought vis a' vis decision making and problem solving...

And while your story is on one hand amusing, on the other it's sad...for whatever reasons some people don't get it and never will...

Of course it may simply be that you are considered the "go-to" guy when the feces hits the fan...in that respect you should be flattered I suppose...

jimHJJ(...unfortunately, there's more of them than there are of you...)

GMichael
05-10-2007, 08:46 AM
...of the opinion that these days that the majority of people just don't listen, or half-listen, or just don't understand...my wife and I think it may be something in the water...

Tue true. Maybe it's a terrorist plot?

...I used to think that most folks were like me...willing to extend themselves to help as much as they could...to be prompt...courteous...conscientious...exhibiting a reasonable amount of commom sense in the process...qualities that now seem to be in short supply...

Now, I know that beneath all your sarcasm, that you are very helpful. Some may not see you in the same light. (snicker snicker)

...I don't know if it's because I'm getting older, but it strikes me that most folks are simply idiots, that they are fortunate that breathing and heartbeat are functions of the autonomic nervous system...If they had two consecutive thoughts they'd faint from overexertion...

Oh, if only this wasn't so true. You are getting older. (more snickering) But you're right. Mr. Average Joe needs help tying his shoes. That's why so many wear the slip-ons.
Too funny about the breathing. Breeding seems to come easy to them though.

...I've seen some children who have had just about everything in their lives choreographed by way-too-accomodating parents and as a result they have become young adults who are incapable of rational thought vis a' vis decision making and problem solving...

Hmmm.... Kids who want to please mommy & daddy? Do they still have those? I get your point though. They have no way to get though life without directions from someone.

...And while your story is on one hand amusing, on the other it's sad...for whatever reasons some people don't get it and never will...

But why do so many of them have to follow me around?

...Of course it may simply be that you are considered the "go-to" guy when the feces hits the fan...in that respect you should be flattered I suppose...

Nail on the head. And I do feel flattered. But they are the ones making the commission on all my hard work. In that sense, who is the real idiot? (my hand slowly goes up)

...jimHJJ(...unfortunately, there's more of them than there are of you...)

Way more!

Rich-n-Texas
05-10-2007, 10:07 AM
Me: (long pause) So he's from Japan you say?

You didn't! :lol:

That is some funny sh!t. She's a sales rep? And you're here in Texas? What do y'all sell? :devil: :ihih:

GMichael
05-10-2007, 10:20 AM
You didn't! :lol:

That is some funny sh!t. She's a sales rep? And you're here in Texas? What do y'all sell? :devil: :ihih:

We're in New York. The customer was in Texas. :idea:

We sell parts to repair printers and laptops.

Rich-n-Texas
05-10-2007, 10:29 AM
Rats!!!

GMichael
05-10-2007, 10:34 AM
Rats? No, we don't sell rats. I could get you a mouse though.

Resident Loser
05-10-2007, 10:58 AM

...a rat be like a universal remote? Would it control more things than a simple mouse?

jimHJJ(...you should look into it...)

GMichael
05-11-2007, 05:06 AM
..a wireless rat? Does it work with a mouse pad or do I need to get a special rat pad? You know, the kind filled with garbage.

Rich-n-Texas
05-11-2007, 09:42 AM

What?

Huh?

Who?

Roger...

Who...

Ober...

Huh... what?

Sorry, I just keep coming back to that Airplane scene. That conversation seems to fit so well. :lol:

"...And don't call me Shirley"

GMichael
05-11-2007, 10:59 AM
What's the guy's name on first base?
What's on second.
I'm not asking you who's on second.
Who is on first.
I don't know.
He's on 3rd base.
Stay off of 3rd base! I'm not asking who's on 3rd.
No! Who is on first.

OK, when you pay your first basemen, who get's the money?
Every penny. Sometimes his wife picks up his check.
Who's check.
Yeah.

So I a guy was to bunt the ball. The catcher would pick it up and throw it to who.
Naturaly.
OK, so he throws it to Natuarly.
No, he throws it to Who.

markw
05-11-2007, 01:39 PM
http://www.seitoku.ac.jp/~berman/faire/intro_who.html

It's still a work of genius to hear this even after all these years. Their inflection and timing is superb.

GMichael
05-12-2007, 05:48 AM
http://www.seitoku.ac.jp/~berman/faire/intro_who.html

It's still a work of genius to hear this even after all these years. Their inflection and timing is superb.

Still a classic. Thanks for the walk down memory lane.:12:

GMichael
01-09-2008, 02:46 PM
No time to go into details, but our Sales People are NOT getting any better!:incazzato: :yikes: :incazzato:

ForeverAutumn
01-09-2008, 04:28 PM
No time to go into details, but our Sales People are NOT getting any better!:incazzato: :yikes: :incazzato:

When I was in Marketing, I used to think that the sales people were idiots.

Then I went into Sales and all the marketing people were idiots.

Now I'm back in Marketing and all the sales people are idiots again.

My conclusion? Everyone's an idiot except me!

C'mon GM, we want details!

topspeed
01-10-2008, 10:33 AM
Just farm out your sales team to India like everyone else. The workforce there is usually college educated and quite knowledgeable.

'Course, you can't understand a flippin' thing they say, but hey...you can't have everything! Where would put it?

kexodusc
01-10-2008, 11:41 AM
If you think sales and markting people are bad, you guys should try talking to customers. IMO, they are the absolute dumbest people on the planet 19 times out of 20...
Seriously!
And this whole concept about the customer always being right - that's gotta die now...some need a good kick in the ass.

This coming from a guy who's neither in sales, nor marketing. I just stand in line behind a lot of idiots to buy a lot of consumer products.

bobsticks
01-10-2008, 12:13 PM
If you think sales and markting people are bad, you guys should try talking to customers. IMO, they are the absolute dumbest people on the planet 19 times out of 20...
Seriously!
And this whole concept about the customer always being right - that's gotta die now...some need a good kick in the ass.

This coming from a guy who's neither in sales, nor marketing. I just stand in line behind a lot of idiots to buy a lot of consumer products.

In Israel everybody has to do two years of service in the military. I propose in America everyone needs to do two years of service broken into one in the restaurant business and one in retail, and maybe we'd see a little less of the "customer who's always right" (CWAR). Being the perennial black sheep of the family I get sentence commuted to timed served, 'cause I can assure you I did alot of these jobs during high school and the beginning of college. I swear to god, on my days off I'll go grocery shopping at 6:00 am to avoid killing someone while standing in line.

Greenies for kex, even though yous got my pimp hand shakin'

GMichael
01-10-2008, 12:43 PM
When I was in Marketing, I used to think that the sales people were idiots.

Then I went into Sales and all the marketing people were idiots.

Now I'm back in Marketing and all the sales people are idiots again.

My conclusion? Everyone's an idiot except me!

C'mon GM, we want details!

Can't form sentences yet. hand still shaking.

Rich-n-Texas
01-10-2008, 01:20 PM
Didn't your mother tell you that you'd go blind doing that? :rolleyes:

bobsticks
01-10-2008, 02:18 PM
Can't form sentences yet. hand still shaking.

If you were a hobbit they'd call you G. Michael Harryhands...

GMichael
01-10-2008, 02:24 PM
At least I'd get some kind of satisfaction then.

JSE
01-10-2008, 02:45 PM

This happened at the independently owned gas station in my neighborhood a few weeks ago.

I was filling up my gas guzzler and the lady at the pump next to me started beating the hell out of the pump and screaming at it. She then hit the intercom button and started yelling again. She then ran into the store and started cursing the employee behind the counter. From the safety of my pump, I watch them go back and forth for a minute or two. She was screaming and the guy behind the counter who is also the owner held his tongue for a while. Finally, he walked briskly out the door and over to the pump with the crazy lady following him angrily. He pointed at the card reader that she had swiped her card at and said something to this effect.... " You swiped your card and then probably put it in your purse you stupid b*#@!, the pump did not eat your card, it can't! Get off my property and don't ever come back!" The lady just sat there staring at the pump for a moment. You could actually see it processing in her head. She looked over at me and gave me a eat-****-and-die look, got in her car and peeled out.

I have not laughed that hard in a while. The owner saw me laughing and started to laugh himself. I just flashed my card to him and said I had mine. He laughed and went back inside. Man, I am glad it takes forever to fill my truck up with gas.

I actually witnessed a similiar thing at an ATM years ago.

There are some dumb people out there and I am glad the owner "fought" back.

GMichael
01-10-2008, 02:51 PM
What can we expect in a world that needs warnings on lighters that say not to put them back in your pocket while still lit?:17:

kexodusc
01-10-2008, 03:29 PM
In Israel everybody has to do two years of service in the military. I propose in America everyone needs to do two years of service broken into one in the restaurant business and one in retail, and maybe we'd see a little less of the "customer who's always right" (CWAR). Being the perennial black sheep of the family I get sentence commuted to timed served, 'cause I can assure you I did alot of these jobs during high school and the beginning of college. I swear to god, on my days off I'll go grocery shopping at 6:00 am to avoid killing someone while standing in line.

Greenies for kex, even though yous got my pimp hand shakin'

I dunno if I'm the black sheep, but I'm not in the army like the rest so maybe I am?
I had my share of crap jobs though...
Shoveled pig manure at a farm
Worked at McDonalds
Worked construction crew on highways in the summer
Landscaped
Worked at a hardware store full of would be DIY-ers with no clue
Worked in a bar
Sold cars
Worked in a service department at a car dealership as a service writer - people *****ed that their $35000 new cars didn't work...

Which job was the best?
Yup the crap shoveling. The manure wasn't as bad smelling as the sausage/processing plant across the way. Occasionally your pals would try and splash some in your mouth if they caught you talking or yawning, but overall it wasn't so bad....

I see fast-food employees yelled at, ridiculed, humiliated, etc now and then too. I cleaned floors and bathrooms and didn't really get much abuse, but today, you couldn't pay me $50,000 to work at McDonald's. People are mean to employees, like they're 2nd class citizens to be violated for pleasure. I keep telling myself it's someone's child. Last year I had to step in and tell a pissed off lady to shut-up. She muttered something about how I'd feel differently if they were my pickles...
Ugh..Capitalism has its ugly side for sure...

kexodusc
01-10-2008, 03:32 PM
This happened at the independently owned gas station in my neighborhood a few weeks ago.

I was filling up my gas guzzler and the lady at the pump next to me started beating the hell out of the pump and screaming at it. She then hit the intercom button and started yelling again. She then ran into the store and started cursing the employee behind the counter. From the safety of my pump, I watch them go back and forth for a minute or two. She was screaming and the guy behind the counter who is also the owner held his tongue for a while. Finally, he walked briskly out the door and over to the pump with the crazy lady following him angrily. He pointed at the card reader that she had swiped her card at and said something to this effect.... " You swiped your card and then probably put it in your purse you stupid b*#@!, the pump did not eat your card, it can't! Get off my property and don't ever come back!" The lady just sat there staring at the pump for a moment. You could actually see it processing in her head. She looked over at me and gave me a eat-****-and-die look, got in her car and peeled out.

I have not laughed that hard in a while. The owner saw me laughing and started to laugh himself. I just flashed my card to him and said I had mine. He laughed and went back inside. Man, I am glad it takes forever to fill my truck up with gas.

I actually witnessed a similiar thing at an ATM years ago.

There are some dumb people out there and I am glad the owner "fought" back.
ROFLMAO.
A lady in my office told us a story about her son - a gas pump jockey. Some lady got tired of waiting in line and drove her new Escalade up to the empty pump. Not only did she get ticked off nobody serviced her, but she managed to fill her new vehicle with Diesel. Later that afternoon, the husband came back (her nowhere and sight) and demanded the store pay to extract the fuel, replace it, and fix any problems.
Morons. They're everywhere.

bobsticks
01-10-2008, 03:49 PM
People are mean to employees, like they're 2nd class citizens to be violated for pleasure. I keep telling myself it's someone's child. Last year I had to step in and tell a pissed off lady to shut-up. She muttered something about how I'd feel differently if they were my pickles...

Yup, I never planned on making any money opening the bar. I just wanted a place I could kick people out of.

It's always amazing how people shut their pieholes when the economic blackmail of complaining to the manager is removed.

Rich-n-Texas
01-10-2008, 03:52 PM
If you were a hobbit they'd call you G. Michael Harryhands...
I think you meant Mr. Hairyhands right?

Worked at a hardware store full of would be DIY-ers with no clue
I wasn't there that day I SWEAR!!!

emaidel
01-11-2008, 05:45 AM
This is both a fascinating, and amusing thread. I worked retail for Lafayette Radio for 14 years (1962-1976), and while there are many fond memories, there are as many, or more horrible ones dealing with the American consumer. Why people seeem to exist solely to make retail salespeople's lives miserable is something I'll never understand.

The American consumer is also notorious for refusing to read instructions. "Read the instructions if all else fails" is their motto, and I can readily attest to the fact that most of the products returned because they were "defective" were nothing of the sort: the cusomer simply didn't read the instructions, and didn't know how to use the items.

I've got many horror stories, but the one that stands out is this: a Mrs. Friedman brought an older Lafayette receiver in for repair because "it smokes." She requested an estimate first, and when my service guy took a look at the receiver, he determined that the repair was gonig to be far costlier than the receiver was worth, and subsequently, sent it back to me.

I informed Mrs. Friedman of this, and she came back to the store to retrieve her "defective" receiver. Then, on an extremely busy Saturday, one of my salespeople said, "Ed, Mrs. Friedman is on the phone and she's really mad. She wants to speak to the manager."

I answered the phone, and Mrs. Friedman began a lengthy diatribe as to how her son-in-law, "who'se an expert" just told her that there was nothing wrong with her receiver and that I deliberately decieved her by telling her otherwise. I told her that I stood by what my service technician had to say, and not what her "expert" son-in-law thought. When I was asked "What are you going to do about this?" I replied that I stand by my technician's comments, and concluded with, "So be it." "SO BE IT??" was her angry response, but I just repeated myself.

About a month later, Mrs. Friedman came back to the store, acting as if she'd never been there before, and bought a new receiver.

ForeverAutumn
01-11-2008, 06:30 AM
I see fast-food employees yelled at, ridiculed, humiliated, etc now and then too. I cleaned floors and bathrooms and didn't really get much abuse, but today, you couldn't pay me $50,000 to work at McDonald's. People are mean to employees, like they're 2nd class citizens to be violated for pleasure. I keep telling myself it's someone's child. Last year I had to step in and tell a pissed off lady to shut-up. She muttered something about how I'd feel differently if they were my pickles...

There used to be a Wendy's down the street from us (it has since closed). I used to go in there quite a bit when I was working from home. The manager there was a Class A *****. Finally, one day after listening to her yell at an employee over something really silly (for the upteenth time), I finally spoke up and told her that I was tired of witnessing the abuse of her employees and that I was going to contact her head office about her behavour. She just looked at me and walked away without saying a word. The employee just grinned at me. I walked out without ordering. I never did call the head office and the store closed shortly afterwards. I don't know if my threats did anything to change her behavour, I doubt it. But I do suspect that she had something to do with the lack of traffic that forced the closure. Her antics were neighbourhood gossip and I know several people who stopped going there because of her.

But we still don't know what has Mr. Hairyhands so upset that he's speechless!

Groundbeef
01-11-2008, 08:24 AM
ROFLMAO.
A lady in my office told us a story about her son - a gas pump jockey. Some lady got tired of waiting in line and drove her new Escalade up to the empty pump. Not only did she get ticked off nobody serviced her, but she managed to fill her new vehicle with Diesel. Later that afternoon, the husband came back (her nowhere and sight) and demanded the store pay to extract the fuel, replace it, and fix any problems.
Morons. They're everywhere.

That can't happen here in the US. Diesel pumps (Nozzel) are about 3/4" larger in diameter than regular old unleaded. The nozzel cannot physically enter the tank inlet.

We had to make it a law after all the folks from Canada came down and used the wrong fuel. We got tired of paying their repair bills.

:ciappa:

kexodusc
01-11-2008, 02:34 PM
That can't happen here in the US. Diesel pumps (Nozzel) are about 3/4" larger in diameter than regular old unleaded. The nozzel cannot physically enter the tank inlet.

We had to make it a law after all the folks from Canada came down and used the wrong fuel. We got tired of paying their repair bills.

:ciappa:
LOL. How the hell did the Canadians manage to convince the Americans to pay the bill for their stupidity?

Hmm didn't know that about the nozzles, I don't think I've ever touched a diesel tank in my life.

One other difference between Canadian and US gas stations - when you pay for the gas, the cashiers in Canada don't stand behind bullet proof glass with a shotgun under the counter...THAT took some getting used to...and nobody wears shoes inside their homes here...people looked at me like I was crazy when I kept my shoes on.

GMichael
01-11-2008, 02:52 PM
I had a little trouble getting used to passing through check points to get into any place in the Philippines.
"Honey, why are there two armed guards at the door of McyD's?" They were very friendly though. One even put down his Oozy to shake my hand.
Talk about a culture shock.

O'Shag
01-11-2008, 05:08 PM
Speaking of employee abuse,

When I was a much younger fella, and having just emmigrated. I took any jobs I could get. One was as a front desk clerk at a small but well-known and chic garden hotel here in the city of the angels. There was no room service or bell boys. People of reknown came to this hotel because it was 'in' with celebs. One evening, I was on my own, minding my own business behind the front desk, when a lady walked up to the door and rang, and I buzzed her in. This lady is a well-known and beautiful looking celebrity but shall remain nameless. She started chatting me up to my surprise. The next thing I know, she climbed onto the front desk and spread her legs. She had fishnets on with no underware. It was all I could take. I pulled her down on the employee side of the desk and quickly brought her to the office behind the front desk area. I'm a sort of gentleman, so I won;t recount what happened next, but you can well imagine :ihih: . Now after this, I had a few more such encounters, with well-known celebrities. (I don't know if the first one put the word out).

Now thats what I call abusing the employees. And before you ask. Yes its all true..

Rich-n-Texas
01-11-2008, 06:34 PM
Pics? :biggrin5:

O'Shag
01-11-2008, 06:41 PM
No mate. Just the memories, but I don't think about it anymore. I've got myself a beautiful gal now, and to my mind, she's ten thousand times more beautiful than any of the girls in that scenario. 'Sides she'd roast me alive if she ever found any picks of my younger day exploits.

Rich-n-Texas
01-11-2008, 06:51 PM
No mate. Just the memories, but I don't think about it anymore.
But you thought about it tonite didn't you? :ihih:

I've got myself a beautiful gal now, and to my mind, she's ten thousand times more beautiful than any of the girls in that scenario. 'Sides she'd roast me alive if she ever found any picks of my younger day exploits.
Good for you. Wish ya nothing but the best!

GMichael
01-12-2008, 05:35 AM
Now thats what I call abusing the employees. ..

That's not what I'd call it. :ihih:

Groundbeef
01-12-2008, 06:57 AM
That's not what I'd call it. :ihih:

Had JM been working the desk that night, he may have....

O'Shag
01-13-2008, 11:58 AM
Yeah JM, I looked at some of those pics on your gallery. Looks like you lead an exciting lifestyle... you lucky devil. I love that one pic "Honey, why don't you have a remote?" Brilliant! And I'd be playing pool a lot more if my missus offered me a game lookin' like that....:6:

Rich, thanks much for your kind comment.

bobsticks
01-13-2008, 07:13 PM
But we still don't know what has Mr. Hairyhands so upset that he's speechless!

He can't type with his nose.

audio amateur
01-16-2008, 06:29 AM
Had JM been working the desk that night, he may have....

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooool:cornut:

ninjashoes
02-05-2008, 09:07 AM
the best salespeople are seemless

GMichael
02-05-2008, 09:36 AM
the best salespeople are seemless
But those are hard to find.

Welcome to AR.

diggity
02-07-2008, 05:20 AM
hey there, i just saw the title of this thread and i must say i am appalled! as a salesman myself i feel i must stand up for my kind. sure we generally put making money before our family, friends, pets, spouses, morality and dignity, but INSANE noooo, just ummm a little left field.salesmans life begins at a young age. all by him/herself in the corner of the schoolyard selling ground up chalk at a small but reasonable profit to seniors and telling them it is drugs. later on in life the salesperson, by this time a community outcast, is forced to leave his original habitat and try his hand in other communties before they to shun him.
its a lonely, nomadic life, that of a salesperson. but essential to the very existence of the world which shuns him. take a drive around at night and you may see the salespeople huddled togther counting dollar bills and telling stories of how an unwitting muppet walked in to by $2 headphones and walked out with noise cancelling sennheisers and an ipod with extra warranty

diggity
02-07-2008, 05:30 AM
sorry for the llong but neccessary quote above. its a hard life we live. so next time you see a salesperson, do the world a favour and salute him, cause i am sure god is. hehe

cheers: dazza(salesman)

P.S i have some used yamaha amps going for sale. hardly driven, one elderly lady owner. undercoated and sound proofed. all papers supplied. message me for enquiries. (all rust that may occur after sale is purely the responsibilty of purchaser; guarentee not guarenteed)

GMichael
02-07-2008, 06:00 AM
hey there, i just saw the title of this thread and i must say i am appalled! as a salesman myself i feel i must stand up for my kind. sure we generally put making money before our family, friends, pets, spouses, morality and dignity, but INSANE noooo, just ummm a little left field.salesmans life begins at a young age. all by him/herself in the corner of the schoolyard selling ground up chalk at a small but reasonable profit to seniors and telling them it is drugs. later on in life the salesperson, by this time a community outcast, is forced to leave his original habitat and try his hand in other communties before they to shun him.
its a lonely, nomadic life, that of a salesperson. but essential to the very existence of the world which shuns him. take a drive around at night and you may see the salespeople huddled togther counting dollar bills and telling stories of how an unwitting muppet walked in to by $2 headphones and walked out with noise cancelling sennheisers and an ipod with extra warranty

Ding ding ding....
Someone get this man a cookie.

diggity
02-08-2008, 02:54 AM
thnk you i s'pose, but i must apologize for my stupidity but i dont know what you mean. i am really sorry GMichael

cheers: dazza

GMichael
02-08-2008, 06:08 AM
thnk you i s'pose, but i must apologize for my stupidity but i dont know what you mean. i am really sorry GMichael

I was saying that your post was very funny and that you deserve a reward for making me laugh.

You are not stupid for not following my insanity. Follow?

Rich-n-Texas
02-08-2008, 06:50 AM
You are not stupid for not following my insanity. Follow?
Double negative. :crazy:

GMichael
02-08-2008, 06:57 AM
Double negative. :crazy:

It was fun too. If I could have worked in a triple, I would have.

diggity
02-08-2008, 04:52 PM
oh i see now, cool and fanx :thumbsup:

GMichael
04-25-2012, 01:36 PM
More fun.

Ya know? That same salesperson still works here.:eek6:

dean_martin
04-26-2012, 09:36 AM
I tried phone sales once. I was selling season ticket packages for the Alabama Shakespeare Festival. The leads were horrible. Some were dead. Most were on fixed incomes. I'm sure many thought I was insane. Made me appreciate the film Glengarry Glenn Ross.

Sir Terrence the Terrible
04-26-2012, 12:40 PM
Speaking of employee abuse,

When I was a much younger fella, and having just emmigrated. I took any jobs I could get. One was as a front desk clerk at a small but well-known and chic garden hotel here in the city of the angels. There was no room service or bell boys. People of reknown came to this hotel because it was 'in' with celebs. One evening, I was on my own, minding my own business behind the front desk, when a lady walked up to the door and rang, and I buzzed her in. This lady is a well-known and beautiful looking celebrity but shall remain nameless. She started chatting me up to my surprise. The next thing I know, she climbed onto the front desk and spread her legs. She had fishnets on with no underware. It was all I could take. I pulled her down on the employee side of the desk and quickly brought her to the office behind the front desk area. I'm a sort of gentleman, so I won;t recount what happened next, but you can well imagine :ihih: . Now after this, I had a few more such encounters, with well-known celebrities. (I don't know if the first one put the word out).

Now thats what I call abusing the employees. And before you ask. Yes its all true..

I know who it was, I know who it was!!!(hand goes up in the air) Sharon Stone huh? She a nasty girl(thanks Miz Jackson)

bobsticks
04-26-2012, 06:12 PM
I know who it was, I know who it was!!!(hand goes up in the air) Sharon Stone huh? She a nasty girl(thanks Miz Jackson)

Wrong!! It was Bea Arthur. She recounted the exact same story to me just the other night standing side-by-side at the urinals in Nobu Malibu. :yikes:

GMichael
04-27-2012, 06:05 AM
Wrong!! It was Bea Arthur. She recounted the exact same story to me just the other night standing side-by-side at the urinals in Nobu Malibu. :yikes:

Choke...
Cough...
Spit...
Raaaaaaaaaaaalph.......................

Anyone got some gum?:blush2: