Highly modified DV52SI-b Adattos for sale [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Highly modified DV52SI-b Adattos for sale

hmmmm
05-08-2007, 06:04 AM
I thought I'd post this here... I have a pair of Ed Frias Modified Adattos for sale if you're interested. I used one of them for about 4 months as a rear surround channel to match up with the AR.com's They are in great shape and would sell them for $95.00 shipped. I paid $177.00 for them. I don't need them now that I built a new 6.1 system.
Thanks (Oh I can except just about any type of payment)

kexodusc
05-08-2007, 07:16 AM
Hey pal,

What's new? Last I recall you were working on the RS180 and 27tdfc MTM project...did ya end up building 6 of them?

hmmmm
05-08-2007, 11:30 AM
Hey pal,

What's new? Last I recall you were working on the RS180 and 27tdfc MTM project...did ya end up building 6 of them?

Hey Kex! Well, it's taking me forever to complete these because of the dang health crap but things are looking up. I actually am almost finished with the surrounds which will be Roman's Microbes with the matching Seas Tweeter and the RS150's. I needed to be able to hang them on the wall. I did finish an MTM center channel though and it sounds sweet.
I also built a subwoofer for my car using the Dayton Quattro 10" woofer. That made a huge difference in the sound. The guy at Meyer-empco asked where I bought it at- he thought it was an "after market sub" built for my car. I'll probably take a break again after I finish these surrounds.
What have you been up to?

kexodusc
05-08-2007, 01:24 PM
Hey Kex! Well, it's taking me forever to complete these because of the dang health crap but things are looking up. I actually am almost finished with the surrounds which will be Roman's Microbes with the matching Seas Tweeter and the RS150's. I needed to be able to hang them on the wall. I did finish an MTM center channel though and it sounds sweet.
I also built a subwoofer for my car using the Dayton Quattro 10" woofer. That made a huge difference in the sound. The guy at Meyer-empco asked where I bought it at- he thought it was an "after market sub" built for my car. I'll probably take a break again after I finish these surrounds.
What have you been up to?
Looks nice!! The Microbes are great, I built a set for someone's computer system...great nearfield monitors.

I've been building a few subs for cars mostly teenagers and co-workers. My own doesn't have one, but a Dayton would be my choice. I know the shy kid up the street has a 15" DVC in his hatchback (overkill) and it smokes the super expensive MTX and Infinity stuff his friend has.
A few small 5.1 systems too. I'm getting pretty good at making boxes, fast and cheap. I love PE vinyl. The Jasper Jig is the greatest thing ever invented. Can't believe I didn't buy one sooner!
Other than that I've built a few of my own designs, nothing fancy, some Dayton/North Creek combos, a MTM for the ar.com's and a whole some more acoustic panels. But speaker building's been limited this past year. Lots of other stuff going on. Oh well, I find I have been enjoying what I do have more rather than puttering around.
Hope your well on the road to full recovery!