Riding City Bus or first time. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Riding City Bus or first time.

Smokey
05-07-2007, 01:15 PM
I have never rode a city buss in my life, but with my new job being way on the other side of town, I started to ride one last week. And experience have been positive.

It is pretty comfortable and during rush hour in morning and afternoon, I let the driver worry about the traffic. The best about it is amount of gas money I am saving. Only paid $34 for a months ride which would have cost over $100 for gas with a car, not to mention wear and tear on the car.

I was lucky that bus stops is only 10 minutes walk from my house, and ten minute walk from work. So I get my exercise daily :D

GMichael
05-07-2007, 01:33 PM
Sounds like a win/win - win.

Gas is costing me close to $300/month.

Smokey
05-07-2007, 02:01 PM
Man, that is expensive. And I have heard gas will go up with summer season starting. I am guessing no bus service come close to neck of your wood as alot of suburb homes do not.

Feanor
05-07-2007, 03:47 PM
I have never rode a city buss in my life, but with my new job being way on the other side of town, I started to ride one last week. And experience have been positive.

It is pretty comfortable and during rush hour in morning and afternoon, I let the driver worry about the traffic. The best about it is amount of gas money I am saving. Only paid $34 for a months ride which would have cost over $100 for gas with a car, not to mention wear and tear on the car.

I was lucky that bus stops is only 10 minutes walk from my house, and ten minute walk from work. So I get my exercise daily :D

I rode city bus to high school, I rode city bus to colloge, I rode city bus (and subway) to work in four different cities. That's a total of 46 years. I've never driven to school or work.

bobsticks
05-07-2007, 04:00 PM
Sounds like a win/win - win.

Gas is costing me close to $300/month.

That sounds about right. The new project has me driving twice the distance at twice the travel time; very uncool. I miss the "L".

ForeverAutumn
05-07-2007, 06:10 PM
I can't remember the last time I was on a public bus. I work hard so that I can afford to not take the bus. I don't want to have to sit next to anybody that I don't know. Ewwwwww.

FLZapped
05-08-2007, 04:47 AM
I've been riding since I returned from Europe where I used busses for the first time.

Adds about an hour to my day, but it is $32 for a 31 day unlimited pass and I would spend more than that in gas per WEEK. So now a tank lasts me as much as 3-4 weeks and it has been probably 6 months since my last oil change.

It gets a little tough during the rainy season here in S. Fl. (although we haven't had one yet this year!)

-Bruce