Hellsayers party in Europe, but where's my damn record! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hellsayers party in Europe, but where's my damn record!

Monkey Bones
05-03-2007, 08:04 AM
Slackers! I want my copy of All You Need To Sleep! Hey Mike, did you hear their debut? I sent out a copy to a bunch of people like a silly street teamer, and seems like it went over pretty well with the "in" crowd here. Used a couple songs on that Monkey Bones comp. Monkey bones? What is a monkey bone anyway? Nevermind, I think Slosh already painted that unholy picture. But damn, that was a couple years ago. And I discovered The Lonesome Sea a year late. Guess it finally got a UK release. Three years later. So guess they are gonna support it now with a quickie tour. Kind of funny, since I think that I first heard of it in a review at the Americana UK site. Nice to get the Band of Horses gig since they've become pretty well known here. Not sure there. Probably never heard of them. Two great unknown bands, one ticket. King Tuts? What the heck kinda club name is that? Still want my damn record :(

Wayne Robbins & The Hellsayers announce spring tour … in Europe

by Steve Shanafelt on 04/19/2007

Following the somewhat suprising 2007 UK rerelease of their 2004 debut album The Lonesome Sea by London-based indie label Dell’Orso Records, local “dark Americana” group Wayne Robbins & The Hellsayers recently made an even more surprising announcement on their MySpace page yesterday. The group will be touring the UK and mainland Europe with their “UK brethren” Band of Horses from mid-to-late May. Although brief, the tour will include performances major cultural hotspots such as London, Glasgow, Antwerp, Paris and Luzerne.

The band is currently in the final stages of recording and mixing their second album, All You Need To Sleep, at Silvermine Studio in Marshall, NC. It is not known how their European tour will impact the album’s release, which was tentatively slated for late spring.

Hellsayers and Band of Horses May European Tour..

that's right, my precious....Both bands will take a break from working on their sophmore releases to join forces and play shows from London, England to Luzerne, Switzerland. With The Lonesome Sea (Dell'Orso Records) garnering some great wordage in the Uk, we couldn't have planned a better time to travel across the big bath tub to play for our UK brethren. And with Band of Horses. They sound insanely good these days. A BBC acoustic radio show is also in the works for us as well as great cheese, absinthe, reunions and wacky cavorting..you never know who you might meet at a Hellsayer show in Paris, so be ready!!! See dates below and keep an eye out for updates! lurve, ta' Hellsayers.....

May 22 2007 10:00A
Hellsayers acoustic BBC6 radio show London, London and South East
May 22 2007 8:00P
w/ Band of Horses, Scala, London London, Isle Of Man
May 23 2007 8:00P
w/ Band of Horses, King Tuts, Glasgow Glasgow, Northwest
May 24 2007 8:00P
w/ Band of Horses, Music Box, Manchester Manchester, Midlands
May 26 2007 8:00P
w/ Band of Horses, Trix, Antwerp Antwerp
May 27 2007 8:00P
w/ Band of Horses, Vera, Groningen Groningen
May 28 2007 8:00P
w/ Band of Horses, Tivoli, Utrecht Utrecht
May 29 2007 8:00P
w/ Band of Horses, Point Ephermere, Paris Paris
May 30 2007 8:00P
w/ Band of Horses, Boa, Luzerne Luzerne

http://goodluckcricket.com/hellsayers/news.html

Slosh
05-04-2007, 05:52 AM
I want me some new Hellsayers too. I hope it's worth the wait.

Have you listened to Everything All The Time? Good album but doesn't sound much like the Hellsayers to me, although this is a show I'd like to see if they pair up stateside. Wanna Band Of Horses sample? This is my favorite song. Sounds kinda like a Rogue Wave/Tapes 'n Tapes mash-up to me.

http://www.mediafire.com/?fjzzvdddjjd (WMAL 16.2MB)

Mike
05-05-2007, 05:18 AM
Well I know you've gone on about Wayne Robbins before and I'm pretty sure I've looked into them before but at the time they didn't do much for me. But since you mentioned them again I found me some nice samples on Myspace for the latest (old) album and taken the plunge and ordered it.

Thanks for the heads up - again, sometimes it just takes a while for things to sink in. so what's their story is there a new album on the horizon?

Cheers
Mike

Monkey Bones
05-05-2007, 07:23 AM
.... so what's their story is there a new album on the horizon?
Supposed to be. Apparently it's pretty much done. Thought it would be out last year. I'm pretty sure it will be a very nice recording, like the first one. Hope so anyway. And I know they had a bunch of good unrecorded stuff. Amazing what some of these unknown and unfunded bands can accomplish with leftover gig money, while most of the majors are flooding the market with crap.

Anyway, the guitar guy Jonas Cole stopped by for a couple posts to chat with us, in case you missed it ... http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=10386 ... seems like a nice band ... they do a fun version of Dylan's Quinn the Eskimo at their site ... Quinn mp3 3.05M (http://goodluckcricket.com/hellsayers/Wayne%20Robbins%20&%20The%20Hellsayers%20-%20quinn%20the%20eskimo.mp3)

http://www.discmakers.com/imws/senews.asp#7

Mike
05-05-2007, 09:43 PM
I spent some time looking through the archives and came across this quote from a Tuesday listening thread from about 2005.

"Oh and Davey's recent comp and as a result Wayne Robbins has just jumped to the top of my wishlist with a great Neil Young sound. All in all a nice comp Davey"

I think I had trouble sourcing a copy at the time and guess it got put to one side, but here we are 2 years later with a UK release which no doubt UK Americanas will be jumping all over.

Cheers
Mike