HK ARV110 Settings Lost [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : HK ARV110 Settings Lost

NickWH
04-29-2007, 07:36 AM
I have a Harman Kardon AVR110 receiver in a second system. I've noticed lately that it intermittenly does not save any of my settings (speaker size, FM tuner presets, digital inputs, etc.). Sure enough, when I unplug the AC source and plug it back in it wipes everything out.

I've read through the manual and online FAQ's and can't find anything about this problem. I've reset the processor memory as per the manual. There has to be a battery in there (like a CMOS watch type battery?). Is this user replaceable? Has anyone experienced this/know what the specifics are, etc.?

Thanks!

hydroman
04-30-2007, 11:51 AM
Nothing that i saw...

Audioman00
05-05-2007, 11:40 AM
I have owned one of these HK's in the past, same problem that I experienced, after only about 1 min or less of AC power loss the receiver will loose all settings for all channels and inputs. The only thing that I could come up with was that the backup lithium battery in the faceplate must be dead, but I am suprised to hear that another person has had the same problem.... I gave the amp to my good friend and it gets used constantly at his house, but he has called in the past to ask why his settings were lost after a power outage... lol. I would bet that if you called HK customer service they could maybe even tell you how to replace it if you feel adventurous. peace

emorphien
05-05-2007, 11:41 AM
Must be a dead battery, yeah. We haven't lost power in quite a while but when I move this summer I guess I'll get to find out if my AVR225 forgets everything. I'm sure somewhere in there is a little battery you can replace.

NickWH
05-05-2007, 04:07 PM
Well, here is my response from HK Support:

Good morning and thanks for your inquiry. I am sorry to hear of the trouble with your unit. The memory backup circuit is actually a super cap that is specially designed to storage the static charge to the unit to preserve the memory settings for a while without AC power. This component can be replaced quite easily by an authorized HK service center which I have taken the liberty of attaching the link to our locator to find the closest authorized HK service facility to you which is what I would highly recommend.

Audioman00
05-08-2007, 03:45 PM
thanx for diggin up the info.

hydroman
05-10-2007, 11:31 AM
Crap! My third unit from H/K had lost its settings the last time I turned it on - OTH i am quite a pro at what settings i need now...

I will turn it on again when i get home see if the settings are still there....

emorphien
05-10-2007, 11:44 AM
we lost power the other day, receiver still works. I didn't even think about it

Audioman00
05-10-2007, 12:01 PM
I'm thinking that HK has fixed this issue... enough people probably complained... lol

love my Sony

NickWH
05-12-2007, 03:12 PM
In all fairness, this receiver is 7 years old. It's going to cost $36 + parts to replace the cap. Not a big deal.

PeruvianSkies
05-12-2007, 04:10 PM
In all fairness, this receiver is 7 years old. It's going to cost $36 + parts to replace the cap. Not a big deal.

I try to write down my settings just in case.

emorphien
05-12-2007, 04:18 PM
I try to write down my settings just in case.
That's never a bad idea. I might before I move since it may be disconnected for a while and reprogramming it all from memory could be a treat.