Could this ever happen? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Could this ever happen?

s dog
04-28-2007, 01:21 PM
Does anyone think that some day down the road we will be able to post video clips on this web site. I think it would be cool to do so. I think It would be alot easier to ask ? and answer them verbally than typing everything out plus we could show the back end of equipment when it comes to asking how to hook things up. But im pretty sure this would cost a ton of money to upgrade a web site to handle video if it can even be done.I Just think it would be a neat thing to do.

kelsci
04-29-2007, 10:57 AM
Hi Snoop; you propose an interesting concept. I think that this would be a long way off. It is also a question of how many members down the road are going to possess computers with a video cam and facilities in their computers to record a video on some kind of codec that everybody's computer could play. Producing a video that starts to show backsides of equipment could take time to make as well. Answering a question alone should be much easier. There is also no gurantee that someone is going to start watching your video, even to the person you designated the video for.

Perhaps you could try an experimental program of this type on UTUBE if you have the time and see what reaction you have.

s dog
04-29-2007, 02:40 PM
Hi Snoop; you propose an interesting concept. I think that this would be a long way off. It is also a question of how many members down the road are going to possess computers with a video cam and facilities in their computers to record a video on some kind of codec that everybody's computer could play. Producing a video that starts to show backsides of equipment could take time to make as well. Answering a question alone should be much easier. There is also no gurantee that someone is going to start watching your video, even to the person you designated the video for.

Perhaps you could try an experimental program of this type on UTUBE if you have the time and see what reaction you have. Yea i figured it would be very complicated to do and some one like me who does not know much about PC would have a hell of a time with it, o well thank for your input.

Blue Meanie
04-30-2007, 12:42 AM
These forums have ALWAYS been the slowest loading out of all the audio forums I frequent (even back to the nineties, if memory serves). Wouldn't video just slow things down further?:confused5:

Jeff

Grandpaw
04-30-2007, 03:40 AM
Does anyone think that some day down the road we will be able to post video clips on this web site. I think it would be cool to do so. I think It would be a lot easier to ask ? and answer them verbally than typing everything out plus we could show the back end of equipment when it comes to asking how to hook things up. But I'm pretty sure this would cost a ton of money to upgrade a web site to handle video if it can even be done.I Just think it would be a neat thing to do.

Bingo was trying to hook up his new SVS sub to his NAD and needed some help so I just went into paint which everyone has and pasted a couple of pictures I found on the Internet and drew a few lines and it was done and easy to read in just a few minutes. You might try this approach when you need to help someone, Jeff