Panasonic Plasma noise? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Panasonic Plasma noise?

MCF
04-27-2007, 03:49 AM
Anyone have a Panasonic plasma that makes any noise (like a high pitched hum or anything)? I have a Pioneer that does and every time I read a review of ANY Pioneer, they mention that there is some audible hum out of the set and the review usually goes on to state that every Pansasonic that has been tested is completely silent. I will give up some picture quality if I have to to get a plasma that is completely silent. Even with the next generation of Pioneer's coming out soon, I won't take that risk of having a set that makes noise.....

edtyct
04-27-2007, 05:02 AM
I spent a little time with a recent Panasonic plasma and heard nothing.

MCF
04-27-2007, 02:36 PM
I spent a little time with a recent Panasonic plasma and heard nothing.
Edtyct...is it just me or is this forum pretty dead!?!? I remember back in March/April 2005 when I was researching all sorts of stuff to set up my home theatre (and you offered a lot of help back then too)....there were all sorts of new posts and debates and arguments...is it just me, or is it kind of dead now?? I hope to be in the position of buying a second 50 or 60 inch plasma at the end of this year and get a great deal on a 720p unit....

edtyct
04-27-2007, 03:42 PM
Yeah, it does seem quiet . . . too quiet, as the movie cliche goes. It seems that the regulars aired out their questions and went away. A lot of video action since then has transferred to the Home Theater section with a bunch of new people starting discussions. Good luck on your new purchases.

MCF
04-28-2007, 01:00 AM
Yeah, it does seem quiet . . . too quiet, as the movie cliche goes. It seems that the regulars aired out their questions and went away. A lot of video action since then has transferred to the Home Theater section with a bunch of new people starting discussions. Good luck on your new purchases.

Any suggestions for a 50-58" Pany? Don't really require 1080p since I am plenty happy with my 720p.....the tough decision will be to just get another 50" to put in bedroom or get a 58-60" to put in living room and move 50" to bedroom...unfortunately, room layout is against me...in the living room, viewing distance is about 11-12 feet...in the bedroom, viewing distance will be 14-15'!! I will have the perfect place for the 50-60" tv, but don't feel like doing full on surround sound in bedroom (even though it would probably sound better since it is much 'softer' than living room). I do have an extra 5 channel reciever and a little 10" JL Audio sub (little compared to two 12" SVS I have in living room), so I might get a small center and small left/right bookshelf speakers. OK, I am off to go drive through Tuscany and take some pics...oh, did I mention I am living in Florence, Italy right now...:cornut: Tomorrow I will road bike through Chianti....:cornut: :cornut: