Musical Seasons... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Musical Seasons...

PeruvianSkies
04-24-2007, 06:51 PM
Does anyone else notice any particular pattern emerging from season to season with their listening habits?

For me, I typically listen to more harder rock/metal/prog-rock in the better weather months as I typically drive around with the windows down and I want something that I can crank up without looking like a dork if someone hears it. It would be embarrassing cruising around and someone overhears me playing "Forever in Blue Jeans" by Neil Diamond at 100+dB. Anyway, I guess I find myself listening to more reflecting, softer, deeper music in the colder months (where I live that's about 9 months out of the year). My wife is Puerto Rican, so we typically have Celia Cruz or Mana cranked in the Summer as well when we are out on the patio or having a party with Latino guests.

So what are your seasonal listening habits???

Resident Loser
04-25-2007, 04:56 AM
For me, I typically listen to more harder rock/metal/prog-rock in the better weather months as I typically drive around with the windows down and I want something that I can crank up without looking like a dork if someone hears it...

...you're one of them...Why does this not surprise me?

Do you mean do I tend to listen to the Beach Boys Surfin' Safari during the warmer weather and Troika from Prokofiev's Lieutenant Kije' Suite when the frost is on the pumpkin?

No...Quite probably the opposite is true...But then again, when I listen to music whilst toolin' 'round in my automobile, I keep the windows closed so as not to inflict my musical tastes on the innocent...Conversely, it affords some buffer to those dorks who feel they must "crank it up" on the first sunny day...

jimHJJ(...is there any wonder why I prefer the fall and winter...)

Rae
04-25-2007, 05:10 AM
Yeah, my listening habits are very much driven by what mood I'm in, and the weather can definitely affect my mood. Winter is for Songs:Ohia and Kid Dakota and all that stuff, but now that it's springtime, I find myself wanting to listen to upbeat stuff. That means Ted Leo and soul music and Roky Erickson and A Tribe Called Quest.

So yeah, I'm definitely pickin' up what you're puttin' down.

~Rae