A gift from Roger Dean [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : A gift from Roger Dean

ForeverAutumn
04-24-2007, 02:29 PM
Well, more like from Roger Dean's distributor. I ordered a poster from the Roger Dean web site for my new office. It arrived today along with a nice little bonus...a poster, designed by Dean, from the 2005 Nearfest. Nice enough for framing also.

The actual poster that I ordered was Pathways. For those who are interested, the quality is very good. I expected regular glossy poster paper. What I got was a nice matte finish on very good weight paper...almost a cardboard, but light enough to roll without creasing. It was also packed very well, rolled in protective paper, put in a tube and then packed in a box. Not a dent or crease in it from the shipping. My only complaint is that it's not standard poster size and will require, at the very least, a custom cut matte.

newtrix1
04-25-2007, 12:38 PM
Thanks for the tip. I just did a search, and assume you ordered from http://rogerdean.com/ ?
For Christmas my wife gave me 5 empty frames sized for LP covers. Well, me being Mr. procrastinator, just got around to selecting & hanging five albums a few weeks back. One was Tales Form Topographic Oceans, not my favorite piece of music, but excellent cover art. I love Roger Deans material.

3-LockBox
04-25-2007, 01:54 PM
Well, more like from Roger Dean's distributor. I ordered a poster from the Roger Dean web site for my new office. It arrived today along with a nice little bonus...a poster, designed by Dean, from the 2005 Nearfest. Nice enough for framing also.

The actual poster that I ordered was Pathways. For those who are interested, the quality is very good. I expected regular glossy poster paper. What I got was a nice matte finish on very good weight paper...almost a cardboard, but light enough to roll without creasing. It was also packed very well, rolled in protective paper, put in a tube and then packed in a box. Not a dent or crease in it from the shipping. My only complaint is that it's not standard poster size and will require, at the very least, a custom cut matte.

Could you post a pic or a link?

ForeverAutumn
04-25-2007, 05:02 PM
Could you post a pic or a link?

Or a pic and a link.

http://www.rogerdean.com/

The colours in this link don't even come close to the beautiful mauves and teals in the print. It's quite lovely. While I was in the framing store picking out my mattes, a couple of people walked by and commented on the print. No-one recognized it, but everyone seemed to enjoy looking at it.

Troy
04-26-2007, 07:22 AM
Schweet!