Who watches music video stations? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Who watches music video stations?

Mr Peabody
04-23-2007, 02:31 PM
I was thinking about how MTV was the thing in the 80's and how I can't remember the last time I watched it or VH1 since neither really do much with music videos anymore. A while back I discovered Fuse and it was a great Rock-n-Roll video station and now I rarely find anything on it worth watching, they are turning into another MTV. There are more video stations now but I wondered who watches them. It seems most of what I see is geared toward Pop music. I'll occasionally turn on VH-1 Classic to see what's on but since Fuse quit playing mainly videos, I don't watch much music videos.

SlumpBuster
04-23-2007, 06:46 PM
I watch the video channels alot. I can waste hours actually watching, as well as having them on as background. MTV Hits, VH1 Classic, and IMF (International Music Feed) are the staples. Through 05 and first half of 06 they were actually very good and eclectic. You could tell someone was having fun programming them. But, with VH1 slowly some commercials started slipping in, along with some Movies That Don't Rock. MTV Hits was hi-jacked by some "Hit List" idea that has quickly worn out its welcome. IMF has remained particularly strong however.

My wife is always surprised when I know lyrics to songs like "Throw some Ds on that Cadillac!" Thanks MTV Hits!

PeruvianSkies
04-23-2007, 07:01 PM
I actually LOVE music videos and typically buy them on DVD for certain artists such as MASSIVE ATTACK, THE CRANBERRIES, THE BEASTIE BOYS, NO DOUBT, BLUR, BJORK, QUEEN, and the works of directors like Michel Gondry, Chris Cunningham, Spike Jonze, Stephane Sednaoui, Mark Romanek, Anton Corbijn, Johnathan Glazer, and other important music video directors.

bobsticks
04-24-2007, 08:00 PM
New Buggles single~ "The Internet Killed the Video Star"

Duds
04-25-2007, 06:54 AM
I watch VH1 classic a lot, their BBC Crown Jewels are great, and they do a lot of stuff with heavy metal. Call me crazy, but i actually watch the Music choice channels. For those not familiar, that are just music stations on the tv, no videos, but they show facts from the band playing throughout the song.

recoveryone
04-25-2007, 07:32 AM
Hey buster, is that Why Your Hot cuz you canThrow Some D's On it, while Poppin it with the wife or is it That That S... lol Or better yet Your a Flirt.

3-LockBox
04-25-2007, 09:23 AM
I used to love MTV, way back when. In fact, I still get a hankerin for a video, and when I do, its usually YouTube.

I used to watch Night Tracks on TBS before we had MTV, and I think I liked it more, because they didn't have the stupid VJs. In fact, the offshoot of that was Night Flicks, which showed quite a few indie films, which were a cool way of coming down, back then.

Mr Peabody
04-25-2007, 04:38 PM
I used to like the old Headbangers Ball on MTV. I hated to see Fuse quit playing consistent videos, they used to be a good source for Rock videos.

Music Choice is pretty good. Dish's music channels used to be pretty good, especially for playing stuff I think you call Indie. A couple things I tried to find and couldn't even locate.