4:20 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : 4:20

audio_dude
04-20-2007, 06:22 PM
Yes, today is it, 4-20, i know its a bit passed 4:20, but oh well, we can still have some fun eh?

its a party, come down, have a seat, there are a couple kegs in the corner.

If you've got your own weed, go ahead and start it up, i've got a bit here for the guys that are out.

:crazy: time to get BAKED!

(oh, and pick some tunes, we need some tunage)

Rock&Roll Ninja
04-21-2007, 10:44 AM
Hitler's birthday again already?

JohnMichael
04-21-2007, 12:04 PM
Happy Birthday Captain Cannibas!

Feanor
04-21-2007, 12:29 PM
Hitler's birthday again already?

Dang!! and I forgot der Führer's birthday yet again ...
http://ca.geocities.com/w_d_bailey/Hitler-Bush.JPG

audio_dude
04-21-2007, 12:54 PM
yayy, oh, and i gots some new speakers :)

basite
04-21-2007, 12:58 PM
so happy birthday :)

And tell us everything about them new speakers !!
and post Pics!! :cornut:

Keep them spinning,
Bert.

Rich-n-Texas
04-21-2007, 03:48 PM
How do you spell hiel in Hile Hitler? :confused:

basite
04-22-2007, 01:52 AM
it's spelled Heil...

Rock&Roll Ninja
04-22-2007, 10:11 AM
e before i if you want the "aye" sound. i before e for the "ee" sound. I dunno why, just is. But some have changed their pronunciations over the centuries as they have been adopted by English, such as 'friend' or 'weird'.

jrhymeammo
04-22-2007, 10:30 AM
I had no idea people still smoked pot. I thought rat poison was in this year.. Eh?

So whatchu get there the Dude?
Does it sound better than Updogg?

JRA

Rich-n-Texas
04-22-2007, 11:19 AM
Hopefully no one from our Jewish community is offended by one of the directions this topic has taken...

I know as a conservative I'm inscenced by the above inference! :biggrin5:

I had no idea people still smoked pot. I thought rat poison was in this year.. Eh?

These days down here in Texas, "Cheese" is the illegal drug of choice. A mixture of herion and Tylenol PM. Do you believe that? :rolleyes: 2 bucks a hit and I'm already seeing a lot of local news reports on teenagers OD'ing on it.

jrhymeammo
04-22-2007, 11:51 AM
You cannot inject Aceta'ne, maybe that's why they are od'in. Stupid kids.. They should just stick with sizzurp.

audio_dude
04-24-2007, 01:15 PM
oh yes, my new mini monitors, they're absolutly amazing, so smooth and open, great soundstage and deep bass.

I have yet to re-arrange my room and set them on stands so i'll set up a proper post with pics when i get that done.

Cheers!

jrhymeammo
04-24-2007, 05:40 PM
Congrats the Dude!!

I'm curious to how the new Monitors sound. Let us know after a good breakin time.

Enjoy

basite
04-25-2007, 02:38 AM
yes, definately let us know :)

(on AK I would use the 'this thread is useless without pics' emoticon, but it seems that it's not here on AR)

Get them rocking,
Bert.

audio_dude
04-25-2007, 01:45 PM
haha, yes, lucky me, probably going to go the el'cheapo cinderblocks route for now, (with spikes between speaker and blocks of course) and paint them gloss black, it'll come out to around like $10, the paint and spikes being most expensive part!

jrhymeammo
04-25-2007, 02:21 PM
haha, yes, lucky me, probably going to go the el'cheapo cinderblocks route for now, (with spikes between speaker and blocks of course) and paint them gloss black, it'll come out to around like $10, the paint and spikes being most expensive part!

I recommend you to get a bag of wooden button for $2US at your local canadian home improvement center. They work quite nicely for the price and will not damage your speakers. Just to clarify, buttons I'm talking about are flat on one end. I believe they are normally used to plugging holes for screw holes on furnitures. Just use 3,4 buttons on top of cinderblocks and rest your spekaers. Not sure who much benefit you will achieve, but they should give you more secure foundation while protecting the finish.

JRA

Rich-n-Texas
04-25-2007, 06:35 PM
ericajames is ericjames who was suspended. I think if a mod can get the poster's IP address he can block it.

basite
04-26-2007, 06:54 AM

that would be a good start :)

however (when you have a little spare time), you could build yourself some very nice speakerstands :)
I'm very amazed by the difference the my stands made with my speakers, they are all wood, painted high gloss black (multiple layers) they look really great, and make a huge difference.
the stands alone weigh about 8kg each, but dad brought 2 (massive) metal cylinders from his work, and put them in the stands, so now each stand weighs about 50 KG (yes, kg), and the cost: the paint cost us money (not much though), the wood was available from dad's garage, and the metal cylinders were free too :)

Keep 'em rocking,
Bert.

audio_dude
04-27-2007, 04:06 PM
I'm going to build some speakers stands, but i don't have the cash for materials right now.

(I'm building a slide guitar anyway.)

Audioman00
05-05-2007, 11:45 AM

So whatchu get there the Dude?
Does it sound better than Updogg?

JRA

Sh!t man.. thats all I've ever done illegal-wise and all I'll ever do, makes the tunes come right out at ya after a hard day @ the ol' sh!t job... lol / blaze it up my 420 bruthas!

jrhymeammo
05-05-2007, 05:18 PM
Sh!t man.. thats all I've ever done illegal-wise and all I'll ever do, makes the tunes come right out at ya after a hard day @ the ol' sh!t job... lol / blaze it up my 420 bruthas!

So, is it better than Updog?

JRA