Hooking a TV to a car stereo? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hooking a TV to a car stereo?

JeffRiley
04-20-2007, 06:21 PM
I’m trying to figure out the best way to hook a television to a car stereo. My car stereo has AUX-in, a USB port and standard RCA hookups. I haven’t bought the TV yet because I’m trying to answer this question first. One easy solution would be to use the RCA hookup on my stereo but very few TV’s have an RCA audio out. Could I just buy a TV with a headphone plug and use that to plug in to the AUX-in on my car stereo? The guys at Circuit City were kind of baffled. But then, :confused5: just may be their natural state of existence. :)

MikeyBC
04-20-2007, 06:54 PM
yes a headphone output will work, What kind of tv are you wanting to hook up???

Luvin Da Blues
04-20-2007, 08:24 PM
Keep your eyes on the road and your hands upon the wheel :-)

JeffRiley
04-21-2007, 12:16 AM
I'll be hooking up an HD TV in the 19"' range. And NO Mr. Road House Blues, I won't be watching it while I roll. Maybe stupidity runs in your family but not mine. :)

hermanv
04-21-2007, 07:17 PM
Actually many high end TVs (Like HDTV) sets do have RCA audio output jacks.

Look at the back panel before you buy.

Rich-n-Texas
04-21-2007, 08:20 PM
I'll be hooking up an HD TV in the 19"' range. And NO Mr. Road House Blues, I won't be watching it while I roll. Maybe stupidity runs in your family but not mine. :)

That was pretty f***ing rude dude. Two posts. Have you introduced yourself somewhere along the line?

So you're sitting in a Wal-Mart parking lot watching HDTV in your car. What's the point? :confused:

Luvin Da Blues
04-21-2007, 09:13 PM
Thanks RnT...notice my deleted post..I started to respond but thought that the punk isn't worth my time or energy to get riled up about

MikeyBC
04-22-2007, 10:20 PM
Thanks RnT...notice my deleted post..I started to respond but thought that the punk isn't worth my time or energy to get riled up about

Wow, did he ever misconstrue your post ! . :eek:

Luvin Da Blues
04-23-2007, 03:48 AM
Wow, did he ever misconstrue your post ! . :eek:

Still no reason to disrespectful.