24 Shocker! Nina is dyed! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : 24 Shocker! Nina is dyed!

Woochifer
02-18-2004, 02:53 PM
Holy shyet! Even though the third season of 24 has been somewhat of a letdown thus far (doesn't really have the unbearably relentless tension that the first two seasons had), the ending to last night's episode was pretty shocking. Seeing Agent Bauer pump three slugs into Nina Myers in cold blood made me want to cheer and cringe at the same time. Yeah, I know she murdered his wife at the end of the first season, and was about to take out Jack's daughter, but it just seemed out of character for him.

JSE
02-18-2004, 04:05 PM
yep, this season has been a letdown. I got about 3 hours into it and gave up. It got a little too far-fetched. It just could not keep my interest or my wife's for that matter. Nice to know Nina got it though.

Bye the way, when I drive down Main Street USA, every freakin car is not a Ford. Just a little gripe.

JSE

Woochifer
02-18-2004, 06:05 PM
I was actually wondering where the plot was going, and then in the eighth hour they reveal that the whole plot scenario had been an elaborate ruse to Jack back in with the Salazars. Sounds like a dumb "it was only a dream" resets (i.e. Dallas), but actually a pretty brilliant plot twist since I was not expecting it. Bringing Nina back was also a great twist, although portraying her now as some international bioterrorist is a bit far fetched. However, one scene where she tried to seduce him while he was tied up though really made my skin crawl, and that was a great cliffhanger.

Jack's character is now deeper into the gray area, as is President Palmer who's now getting into a moral dilemma on whether or not to cover up a murder to save his presidency. A lot of highlights in the season thus far and the twists aren't as ridiculous as some of the ones in the first two seasons (Terri's amnesia in season one, and Kim's bout with the mountain lion or Jack's out-of-body experience on the torture table in season two), but seems to be a lot more minutae that doesn't go anywhere. I have a feeling that Jack's gonna get offed or jailed by the end of the season.

BTW, not every car driven in the series is a Ford -- the terrorists and drug smugglers have begun driving Hummers! And besides for what they were paying Fox, I would drive a Ford too!

bturk667
02-18-2004, 07:33 PM
Now, if they would only kill off Kim Bauer, and Sherry Palmer!

Woochifer
02-19-2004, 11:08 AM
Oh, I like Lady Macbeth Palmer! She's such a master manipulator and seems to thrive on moral ambiguity -- great villian because she's not totally evil, yet does some pretty evil things. I mean, she didn't kill Miliken, but seeing her pull Julia's strings while her husband was writhing on the floor reaching for his meds was pretty chilling. For President Palmer to call Sherry back in to do his dirty work is just setting up his own tragic downfall.

But, you're right about Kim -- the sooner she's dyed, the better. I mean, with all those guys that Nina offed in her escape attempt, why couldn't she have taken Kim along for the ride as well?

bturk667
02-19-2004, 03:41 PM
One thing. Lady Macbeth, as you call her, is the former first lady, not some ex-C.I.A. operative. How in the hell does she know everything about everyone, come on give me a break! She would have to be one of the most powerful people in the country then!

mtrycraft
02-19-2004, 05:12 PM
Holy shyet! Even though the third season of 24 has been somewhat of a letdown thus far (doesn't really have the unbearably relentless tension that the first two seasons had), the ending to last night's episode was pretty shocking. Seeing Agent Bauer pump three slugs into Nina Myers in cold blood made me want to cheer and cringe at the same time. Yeah, I know she murdered his wife at the end of the first season, and was about to take out Jack's daughter, but it just seemed out of character for him.

I missed the first season. The second was at the edge of the chair, too much :)

Why did Nina kill Jacks wife? Is that when she left the agency or before that? Doesn't Jack know that every room has a video camera in it and his kill will be recorded? Unless there is a twist we missed.

Woochifer
02-19-2004, 07:05 PM
I missed the first season. The second was at the edge of the chair, too much :)

Why did Nina kill Jacks wife? Is that when she left the agency or before that? Doesn't Jack know that every room has a video camera in it and his kill will be recorded? Unless there is a twist we missed.

Yeah, actually Nina was working inside CTU as one of the higher ups the entire first season (basically the same role that Tony has right now), and the audience didn't find out that she was a mole until the 22nd hour of the first season. Just to add some combustibles into the plot, Jack and Nina had previously had an affair, and Jack was in the process of reconciling with his wife Teri. Until we found out that Nina all-american counter-terrorism babe was really Yelena serbian-mercenary-for-hire, the clues were pointing towards Tony as the mole. Jack's wife had just gotten rescued from an extended ordeal (including the infamous yaw inducing amnesia episode), and was just waiting at CTU for Jack to get back from a firefight with the bad guys (one of which was Dennis Hopper doing his best Milosevic impersonation -- yeah, not a pretty picture). Unfortunately, Teri overheard Nina talking to her overseas handlers and planning her escape, so she got tied up. By then, Jack was onto Nina and rushing back to CTU. Once Jack arrived, he caught her trying to escape. He nearly offed her at that point, but let the authorities take her in. So, he then reunites with Kim, and then goes into the room where Teri had been tied up and finds his wife dyed. Midnight strikes, audience is shocked, and season one's over.

The DVD of season one has an alternate ending, so it's worth checking out. The first 14 hours of that season were probably the best in the series -- very tight and tense story arc. The last 10 hours of season one got a bit choppy, since it was pretty obvious that the writers had to plan an escape hatch at episode #14 just in case the series got cancelled. Season two was more consistent from start to finish, even if some of the plot twists got a bit more over the top.

Jack's sense of duty had kept him from killing Nina up to this point, but it seems that his character now only cares about getting the job done, consequences be damned. He let Nina live only so long as he thought she had useful information. Once her value as an informant expired, she wasn't worth much. Even though I expected that Jack would take care of Nina at some point, I didn't expect it this week and definitely not in the cold blooded way that it went down. It didn't seem to register with him that he might have just committed murder. That what next week is for...

mtrycraft
02-21-2004, 10:38 PM
Thanks for catching me up. I was toying with the idea of renting the first season, 6 discs, $4+? At the edge of my chais:) my legs would go to sleep and fall off:)

Nina must have been like that guy this season who looked like he was helping the drug cartel but in fact was a double :) Sure convince me untill the last moment :)

I bet there is something more to Jack and the Nina kill. Another cliff hanger.
When do these agents got the the bathroom? or eat?

malassia
02-26-2021, 07:33 AM
I like <a href="http://toprussianbrides.com/moldovan-brides/">moldova brides</a> very much, but locating them in our town is very complicated, something beyond the realm of possible. I couldn't even think about other girls having to marry or setting up a family, it's perfect for me, I will be able to start even a family with such a girl! I called for assistance from such a wonderful service, it's fine in it all. The team finds me a Ukrainian bride easily enough, someone I've never imagined! This is the best website, thank you! Thanks!

AntonioBBS
04-16-2021, 01:50 AM
I like moldova brides very much, but locating them in our town is very complicated, something beyond the realm of possible. I couldn't even think about other girls having to marry or setting up a family, it's perfect for me, I will be able to start even a family with such a girl! I called for assistance from such a wonderful service, it's fine in it all. The team finds me a Ukrainian bride easily enough, someone I've never imagined! This is the best website, thank you! Thanks!

Are you a troll? The girl on the cover doesn't really look either like Nina or the bride at all. I would never like to have a wife like that. On spicydatefinder.com (https://spicydatefinder.com/) you can review different dating sites and pick up the one that suits you most. You can also start with hookups and flirting and hopefully you will find a good wife soon.