Identity [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Identity

MikeG
11-19-2003, 04:01 PM
Viewed Identity last night. The first 15 minutes I thought I'd wasted my money renting a dumb horror flick. But the change-over climax in the middle was totally unexpected. Sucked me right into the movie. Too bad the ending sucked. I guess they couldn't top that middle change-over part.

All in all, I'd recommend it anyway.

John Beresford
11-20-2003, 07:51 AM
Viewed Identity last night. The first 15 minutes I thought I'd wasted my money renting a dumb horror flick. But the change-over climax in the middle was totally unexpected. Sucked me right into the movie. Too bad the ending sucked. I guess they couldn't top that middle change-over part.

All in all, I'd recommend it anyway.

Yeah,

I saw this in the movies and then rented the DVD when it came out; the film was decent -- it played almost like a Hitchcock movie, and in the director's commentary, he even says he got inspiration from Hitchcock...the desolate motel in the middle of nowhere, the scenery, the paranoia between the characters...classic Hitchcock. While I enjoy John Carpenter films much better than Hitchcock's, and Im a Carpenter fan, not a Hitchcock one, I still gotta say this Hitchcock-like Identity played well. Ray Liotta was just off the wall, as always. What a good psycho he plays. Ever see "Turbulence"? And the chicks in Idenity were pretty much ****able pieces of ass, too.

The DVD's sound was great from what I remember in surround; I think it may have only been a 5.1 Dolby Digital soundtrack, but the thunderstorm scenes with the rain sounded really kick ass in surround sound. I dont remember if this had DTS.....

jeffrodesiac
11-27-2003, 12:29 AM
having a few ppl over the week end to watch it i cant wait! i really enjoy the constant rain too