Anyone here into Kosheen? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here into Kosheen?

3-LockBox
04-16-2007, 09:03 AM
I heard a track from their new one on the web and I find it very interesting. A kinda trance-beat meets goth by way of Erasure. The lead singer (hard to tell if its a guy or girl) has a superbly soulful voice and the lyrical content is worlds apart from other 'dance stuff' you'll here. Almost reminds me of a mix of Phoebe Snow or that singer from Ozark Mountain Daredevils. Very good stuff. Beat oriented, but not that 32 beat club sh!t.

Dusty Chalk
04-16-2007, 12:06 PM
Never heard of 'em before, but after hearing "Overkill", I'm an insta-fan -- will definitely track down at least their most recent album. Yes, the vocalist has that sort of middle ground that Allison Moyet and Andy Bell, and yet with range and power.

3-LockBox
04-16-2007, 09:49 PM
Never heard of 'em before, but after hearing "Overkill", I'm an insta-fan -- will definitely track down at least their most recent album. Yes, the vocalist has that sort of middle ground that Allison Moyet and Andy Bell, and yet with range and power.

Over kill is the one I heard too. Very evocative. Same etherial, atmospheric elements that drew me into Pure Reason Revolution, but instead of the proggy leanings of those guys, Kosheen is more into that early '80s goth/dance revival relm, albeit with better vox.