Anyone else... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else...

Resident Loser
04-16-2007, 05:36 AM
...think it's ironic that Don Imus lost his job the same week we lost Don Ho?

jimHJJ(...anyone?...)

Feanor
04-16-2007, 07:35 AM
...think it's ironic that Don Imus lost his job the same week we lost Don Ho?

jimHJJ(...anyone?...)

Who's Don Ho? Imus was the a-hole talk host formerly syndicated on CBS, was it?

ForeverAutumn
04-16-2007, 07:52 AM
What's ironic about it?

GMichael
04-16-2007, 08:31 AM
Who's Don Ho? Imus was the a-hole talk host formerly syndicated on CBS, was it?

Don Ho was the drunken talk show host from Hawaii.
Not sure that I see the connection though. Maybe RL could 'splain it to me. Talk s-l-o-w-l-y please. You know how ... uh... uhm... What was I saying?

markw
04-16-2007, 09:43 AM
For those who have never heard of Don Ho: http://www.donho.com

Knowing his sense of humor, I do believe it was in reference to Don Imus's "nappy headed HO ruckus and Don HO's name.

Get it? Both Dons? Both having to do with ho's? And, both dead, in one sense or another.

I guess ya gotta be old to appreciate this stuff.

Resident Loser
04-16-2007, 09:49 AM
For those who have never heard of Don Ho: http://www.donho.com

Knowing his sense of humor, I do believe it was in reference to Don Imus's "nappy headed HO ruckus and Don HO's name.

Get it? Both Dons? Both having to do with ho's? And, both dead, in one sense or another.

I guess ya gotta be old to appreciate this stuff.

...nice to know I'm not completely alone...

jimHJJ(...give dat man a big greenie...)

GMichael
04-16-2007, 09:57 AM
Oh, uhuh snort. Yup, I get's it now. Har har. Don Ho. He even had a nappy head of hair.

Resident Loser
04-16-2007, 10:03 AM
Oh, uhuh snort. Yup, I get's it now. Har har. Don Ho. He even had a nappy head of hair.

...it was necessarily funny, only sorta' ironic...

How about this: Don Imus won't have to worry about being out of work...Come Christmas he can get a job as a dept. store Santa...He's already got most of the patter...

jimHJJ(...observations aren't always funny...)

GMichael
04-16-2007, 10:12 AM
...it was necessarily funny, only sorta' ironic...

How about this: Don Imus won't have to worry about being out of work...Come Christmas he can get a job as a dept. store Santa...He's already got most of the patter...

jimHJJ(...observations aren't always funny...)

I was laughing at how stupid I felt that I didn't get it the first time.:idea:

Rich-n-Texas
05-16-2007, 08:10 AM
Wednesdays seem slow around here...

So after Imus went on Al Sharpton's radio show and apologized repeatedly, he lost his job at CBS anyway. Personally I couldn't give a rats a$$, but wasn't there something in the news recently about Reverend Al making a remark about the Mormons, for which some were demanding he apologize? Whatever happened about that? What was AS's response?

Rich(did someone mention ironic?)-n-(STFU Al)Texas

markw
05-16-2007, 11:27 AM
Wednesdays seem slow around here...

So after Imus went on Al Sharpton's radio show and apologized repeatedly, he lost his job at CBS anyway. Personally I couldn't give a rats a$$, but wasn't there something in the news recently about Reverend Al making a remark about the Mormons, for which some were demanding he apologize? Whatever happened about that? What was AS's response?

Rich(did someone mention ironic?)-n-(STFU Al)TexasAsk the poor innocent souls that he, Jesse Jckson and Alton Maddox crucified on he Tawana Brawley affaiir. Then there's the more recent Duke soccer case where he all but pronounced them guilty in public.

Anything he touches is automatically tainted in my eyes, and many others as well. This is why he hurts the cause of equality for blacks.

GMichael
05-16-2007, 11:42 AM
Ask the poor innocent souls that he, Jesse Jckson and Alton Maddox crucified on he Tawana Brawley affaiir. Then there's the more recent Duke soccer case where he all but pronounced them guilty in public.

Anything he touches is automatically tainted in my eyes, and many others as well. This is why he hurts the cause of equality for blacks.

On a side note, I was working in Po-town when the Tawana Brawley thing was going on. The very first day after it was in the news, a coworker told me he knew Tawana Brawley. He said that he'd bet "the farm" that she was lying. I guess I owe him a farm. He and I ran into Rev. Al a few months later at the uptown mall. He's worse in person.

markw
05-16-2007, 12:02 PM
1987: Sharpton spreads the incendiary Tawana Brawley hoax, insisting heatedly that a 15-year-old black girl was abducted, raped, and smeared with feces by a group of white men. He singles out Steve Pagones, a young prosecutor. Pagones is wholly innocent -- the crime never occurred -- but Sharpton taunts him: "If we're lying, sue us, so we can . . . prove you did it." Pagones does sue, and eventually wins a $345,000 verdict for defamation. To this day, Sharpton refuses to recant his unspeakable slander or to apologize for his role in the odious affair.

1991: A Hasidic Jewish driver in Brooklyn's Crown Heights section accidentally kills Gavin Cato, a 7-year-old black child, and antisemitic riots erupt. Sharpton races to pour gasoline on the fire. At Gavin's funeral he rails against the "diamond merchants" -- code for Jews -- with "the blood of innocent babies" on their hands. He mobilizes hundreds of demonstrators to march through the Jewish neighborhood, chanting, "No justice, no peace." A rabbinical student, Yankel Rosenbaum, is surrounded by a mob shouting "Kill the Jews!" and stabbed to death.

So, can we add accessory to a murder to his list of accomplishments?

1995: When the United House of Prayer, a large black landlord in Harlem, raises the rent on Freddy's Fashion Mart, Freddy's white Jewish owner is forced to raise the rent on his subtenant, a black-owned music store. A landlord-tenant dispute ensues; Sharpton uses it to incite racial hatred. "We will not stand by," he warns malignantly, "and allow them to move this brother so that some white interloper can expand his business." Sharpton's National Action Network sets up picket lines; customers going into Freddy's are spat on and cursed as "traitors" and "Uncle Toms." Some protesters shout, "Burn down the Jew store!" and simulate striking a match. "We're going to see that this cracker suffers," says Sharpton's colleague Morris Powell. On Dec. 8, one of the protesters bursts into Freddy's, shoots four employees point-blank, then sets the store on fire. Seven employees die in the inferno.

Isn't this another accessory to a murder charge, seven times over?

The entire article, from 2003 http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=2411

His uncanny ability to gleefully whip an emotional crowd into a murderous frenzy against Jews reminds me of someone else? Now, who could that be? Hmmmm...

Rich-n-Texas
05-16-2007, 07:25 PM
Ask the poor innocent souls that he, Jesse Jckson and Alton Maddox crucified on he Tawana Brawley affaiir. Then there's the more recent Duke soccer case where he all but pronounced them guilty in public.

Oh I remember very well that whole Tawana Brawley episode. I still lived in Jersey when that all shook out, and his big mouth and arogance was what instantly formed my opinion of him. Nowadays, every time I see the reverend Al trying to get free press coverage, hypocrite is the first thought that comes into my head.

There was a recent follow-up story on either ABC's 20/20 or 60 minutes, one of those about where the three former Duke students are in their lives now, and while one guy landed a good job on Wall Street (?), the bottom line is they all suffered unjustly. Granted though that the prosecutor in the case needs to be held accountable for his idiocy.

Some things about living in this country sometimes really make me wonder.

markw
05-17-2007, 04:00 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/huffpost/20070509/cm_huffpost/048027

I guess, like being in love, Being "reverend" al means never having to say you're sorry.

Ever wonder what church he's a "reverend" of?

Some mail-order group like Reverend Jim Ignatowski belonged to? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Ignatowski

Rich-n-Texas
05-17-2007, 04:32 AM
Taking a big risk here...

The democrats, through the use of the Church of the Liberal Media, who annointed Al, use him as a tool to get seats. I'd like to do some research sometime to see if his tirades coincide with any important elections...

markw
05-17-2007, 07:08 AM
Taking a big risk here...

The democrats, through the use of the Church of the Liberal Media, who annointed Al, use him as a tool to get seats. I'd like to do some research sometime to see if his tirades coincide with any important elections...he does deliver black votes, which causes me great concern on several levels..

I truly believe that he's holding back peaceful solutions to racial tensions. He fans the fuel of racial hatred and anti-semitism.

The fact that so many blindly fall into line behind his hateful, divisive, diatribes is what scares me and, I believe, makes an impression on others as well. Every time he takes a stand I cringe because he brings outthe worst in black America. Just looking at the violent deaths that his rampaging "supporters" caused, fueled by his fanning the flames of his unjustified anti-semitism, makes me look askance at any "progress" that has been made in the last 50 years or so. It's hard to look at these riots and not think of the participants as a pack of wild animals and, believe me, blacks deserve much, much better than that (or sharpton, for that matter). Why they continue to fall for his stuff is beyond me.

But, does he acknowledge these deaths as being wrong? No. He simply ignores them and goes about business as usual. It's as if he's proud of the control he wields over these people and wants everyone to know he has the power to incite violent riots when he chooses, which strilkes me as a form of imtimidation.

I also believe that once blacks fully renounce him and his tactics, a lot of racial problems will disappear. Likewise, the democrats. As long as they look to him for his acceptance and support, their agenda is questionable.

Rich-n-Texas
05-17-2007, 10:04 AM
I agree 1000% with everything you say here Mark. It's sad to think that Jesse Jackson seems to align himself with Sharpton when it's convenient for him to do so, because I believe Jesse is much more visible and influencial to the black community on an even larger scale. I wonder how much of MLK's writings and teachings Sharpton thinks about before he pulls these stunts.... Oh, wait, did Al graduate high school? ;)