Friday the 13th weekend blues...... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Friday the 13th weekend blues......

Bernd
04-15-2007, 11:40 PM
.......Well, after a dreadful weekend we have ended up with Meadow (Best of Breeed Crufts 2006) having a
cesarean, ruptured uterus, spayed, 1 dead puppy, 2 live dogs and 1 *****.
She had primary inertia, was in labour for 2 days, didnt progress to
pushing, emergency cesarean, incompetent vet, lost lots of blood, on a drip, nearly
lost her and ended up with the three nice puppies and,...... oh yeah..........
a £1,000+ vets bill for the lot! We are calming down now, the puppies are
really thriving and mum is getting better - but what a weekend! We
slept for the first time last night, since Thursday.
Time for some blues tonight I think.

Peace

:16:

bobsticks
04-16-2007, 01:52 AM
Wow, sounds like a weekend that truly lived up to the ugly hype. Over here folks took the 13th as an excuse to engage in all kinds of ridiculous behaviour, but certainly nothing happened to rival that. Sorry to hear the unpleasantness strike so close to home.

Poor Meadow, she looks positively whipped in the photo. My condolences to her and you and the missus. Hopefully things will settle down to a level of normalcy, perhaps aided by a snootful of a good, peaty Lowlands malt and some Delta stylings.

Cheers to you friend,
M

ForeverAutumn
04-16-2007, 04:23 AM
Bernd, so sorry to hear about Meadow's (and your) problems. I'm glad that all ended reasonably well with Meadow making it through her ordeal and three healthy puppies.

Bernd
04-16-2007, 05:15 AM
It has been touch and go for the last two days. Not knowing if Meadow will pull through.
But there is light in the distance. She has justed eaten her first solid food since the op.:)
A mixture of ground Lamb, cooked and chopped Chicken Liver and some scottish heather honey. A really old recipe to perk up unwell dogs.
So here is a picture just taken.
Let's hope we turned the corner.

Peace

GMichael
04-16-2007, 06:30 AM
Hi Bernd,

Sorry to hear about the rough weekend. It's never good when family members are in distress. Good to see that you were able to save mom and a few puppies. My best wishes for a speedy recovery for mom and long life for her and her babies.
A little blues this week. But happy next.

JohnMichael
04-16-2007, 06:43 AM
Bernd I am also sorry to hear about your news. I know Meadow and the pups are in loving hands. Good news that Meadow is eating. Once everyone is out of the woods make sure you take care of yourself.

basite
04-16-2007, 07:10 AM
Hard times...

sorry to hear about these problems, I hope Meadow & the pups will get through, they are very nice pups btw :)

All the best wishes,
Bert.

bobsticks
04-16-2007, 07:46 PM
Glad to hear that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, B. ZHopefully by the time you read this the headache will have subsided :ihih:

GMichael
04-17-2007, 05:20 AM
Hey Bernd,

What's the latest? Mom & pups still doing OK? How are you holding up? Don't forget to get your sleep.

Mike

Bernd
04-17-2007, 05:36 AM
Hey Bernd,

What's the latest? Mom & pups still doing OK? How are you holding up? Don't forget to get your sleep.

Mike

.....what's that?

Thanks for asking Mike. Yes mom and pups are doing ok and Meadow is still eating well. So with a bit of luck all will be alright in the end. Just restless nights at the moment.

Peace

jrhymeammo
04-17-2007, 06:19 PM
Holy crap man. But Meadow is one lucky pup to have a man like you, B.

I cant imagine being easy droping a needle at time like this. Get some sleep there good man.

Best Wishes,

Bernd
06-01-2007, 08:05 AM
... wave goodbye. As the Friday the 13th puppies are going to their new homes next weekend. Excited new owners and all sorts of checks to be done, but I am still never 100% sure that I've made the right decision on placing the right dog with the new owner.

Well we have lots of BOT today and all is well our end. Hope that holds for all of you too.
Have a great weekend one and all.

Peace

basite
06-01-2007, 08:18 AM
well, I hope that they'll have a nice new home :)

They look really cute btw :)

Keep them spinning,
Bert.

GMichael
06-01-2007, 08:43 AM
Awwwwwwww...... How cute. Good to see them growing. Thanks for the new pic.

I'm sure you did a great job picking new famillies for them. They will be happy for many years.

ForeverAutumn
06-01-2007, 09:17 AM
I like the one closest to the wall. He (she?) looks like a real trouble-maker. The kind of dog who comes up with the idea but gets the siblings to do the dirty work. Hehehe.

Bye puppies!

GMichael
06-01-2007, 09:29 AM
I like the one closest to the wall. He (she?) looks like a real trouble-maker. The kind of dog who comes up with the idea but gets the siblings to do the dirty work. Hehehe.

Bye puppies!

That one must be named Sawyer.

Resident Loser
06-01-2007, 10:36 AM
...break my heart to ship them off...My wife and I'd be knee deep in doggies if we could manage it...

Bye pups...have a long, healthy, happy life!!!

jimHJJ(...sorry to see you go...)

JohnMichael
06-01-2007, 12:09 PM
They will bring so much joy to so many.

ForeverAutumn
06-01-2007, 02:02 PM
That one must be named Sawyer.

Ooooh, that's a good pet name. I'm gonna have to remember that one.

Bernd
06-02-2007, 12:54 AM
.....Bruno, and he is a trouble maker. The one next to him is called Henry, and the girl in the background is Willow.

Peace

ForeverAutumn
06-02-2007, 03:50 AM
And how is Meadow doing? I hope that she's recovered.

Bernd
06-03-2007, 11:22 PM
And how is Meadow doing? I hope that she's recovered.

Thanks for asking FA. Yes Meadow is fine and fully recovered and is now officialy retired.

Peace

Bernd
06-03-2007, 11:25 PM
...break my heart to ship them off...My wife and I'd be knee deep in doggies if we could manage it...

Bye pups...have a long, healthy, happy life!!!

jimHJJ(...sorry to see you go...)

.......after 8 weeks they eat a lot, sh** a lot and need individual attention.
Jim, as for a knee deep experience I could offer you ankle deep (short legs) if you ever find yourself in the neighbourhood.

Peace