B.I.C. America DV62si Speakers-Opinions? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : B.I.C. America DV62si Speakers-Opinions?

Jerry53
04-15-2007, 12:57 PM
Anyone familiar with these speakers?Amazon has 27 five star reviews for them.They are budget speakers.I've also got my eye on the Polk RTi4.Both speakers have excellent reviews.

lewburgh
04-15-2007, 02:10 PM
I have owned an older pair of V62's and I loved them! You can usually find a pair on Ebay for around $50. They have a great soundstage for a bookshelf under $100 for the pair. If you are a jazz or classical fan you will particularly like these when paired with a decent two channel reciever. Bass is also surprisingly good for a smaller bookshelf. Very tight and not muddy or exaggerated. I am a fan of almost all BIC products if you are on a tight budget and are looking for a small bookshelf I think you will be more than pleased with the V62s.

Jerry53
04-15-2007, 02:22 PM
I have a pair of the Infinity Primus 150's.How do the Bic62's compare?I don't know if I should go for the Bics or the Polks.The Bics are one third the price of the Polks.

superdougiefreshness
04-16-2007, 03:54 PM
:ciappa:
I have a pair of the Infinity Primus 150's.How do the Bic62's compare?I don't know if I should go for the Bics or the Polks.The Bics are one third the price of the Polks.

I have a pair of BIC "V52si' that I bought for $6us at a thrift store and they sound like they are worth about $700, they sound awesome, especially since I had the modification By EFE TECHNOLOGY who specialize in this brands crossover fix.

Trust me and save yourself some hard earned money and buy the BIC's then send the crossovers to Mr. Ed Frias at EFE TECHNOLOGY for his first class modification. As I mentioned before his specialty is this brand of speakers and this is your better choice. His work is very reasonable at about $33 for the pair and will still cost you less then the POLK brand speaker and they will sound far better then POLK as well. EFE Speakers e-mail Address:
To: Mr Ed Frias

efespeakers@commspeed.net (efespeakers@commspeed.net)

Ed's quote below
"First, let me make this recommendation. If you’ve already bought the BIC, listen to the speakers for a few days and see if you prefer the stock sound from the factory. Some people like bright speakers, either from having bad hearing (common with those who listen to overly loud music) or perhaps aging (loss of high frequencies). If after you’ve auditioned them and still feel they are too bright, then by all means send the crossovers for the modification!"
Trust me when I say Ed's work is simply amazing.
Reviews on this forum click below:
http://www.audioreview.com/cat/speakers/bookshelf-speakers/bic-america/PRD_124289_4290crx.aspx (http://www.audioreview.com/cat/speakers/bookshelf-speakers/bic-america/PRD_124289_4290crx.aspx)
Please see the reviews for the BIC speakers here in this Forum and you will see others comments on how great Ed's modification's are of the BIC brand.

:ciappa:

Keep us posted as to your choice and your progress.
Best of Luck
SuperDougieFreshNess - San Diego - Heaven on Earth

RuSsMaN
04-18-2007, 07:01 PM
Never let price decide, let your ears decide.

Personally, I like a speaker that sounds good out of the box. Fact is, most mainstream, budget components will respond well to simple upgrades. They are forced to meet a pricepoint, that goes for everyone, BIC, Polk, Infinity, etc.

Cheers,
Russ

superdougiefreshness
04-20-2007, 12:47 AM
Never let price decide, let your ears decide.

Personally, I like a speaker that sounds good out of the box. Fact is, most mainstream, budget components will respond well to simple upgrades. They are forced to meet a pricepoint, that goes for everyone, BIC, Polk, Infinity, etc.

Cheers,
Russ

Great advise Russman,
Thanks for adding clarity to something that is so subjective by nature. I own vintage british beauties for speakers and have been asked by several audio shops to upgrade to something newer in the same class of speaker. I could easily get a great sounding and high quality upgrade for around a thousand bucks, and will in the future someday do just that. but I am very satisfied with my small listening area and what I have been using. I may add a common subwoofer in the near future to bring a bookshelf speaker combo some needed expansion, yet overall I am satisfied.
Like I mentioned
Great input

Later Dudes
Doug - San Diego, CA - Heaven on Earth - if you can afford it, lol :idea:

kexodusc
04-20-2007, 04:01 AM
I bought a pair of "extensively modified" BIC DV-62CLRs speakers from EFE Technology. I can't speak for the stock versions, but the modded speakes are serious performers. They're not out of place against $500 speakers at all. They're definitely a better speaker than my $300 Axiom M3Ti's. They're big and very, well, "plain" looking, but not quite ugly. That's my only gripe. I wrote a product review to that effect way back, it might still be there. I used mine to replace my Paradigm Studio CC center channel for awhile, then bought back the 2nd speaker from my cousin (I had built us each the old ar.com DIY speakers and needed 2 centre channels), and use them both in my computer system now. They're really too big for that but computer audio never sounded so good.
For the insignificant price difference (really, wasn't much more), I'd recommend getting in touch with Ed Frias at EFE and buying the speakers direct from him instead of sending him the crossovers. Ed measures and matches all the drivers, crossover components and tweaks each accordingly. You don't get that level of quality control in most speakers below $1000. Well worth the money.