Tranformers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Tranformers

s dog
04-14-2007, 06:04 PM
Has anyone taken a look at the trailer for this movie.It looks crazy as hell,I thought this might be a movie for kids when i seen the name transformers but after watching the trailers im not so sure about that. Looks like it could be a great action movie, But then, I have been fooled buy trailers before [example fantastic four BAD ] I think it would be great if we could have three top of the line movies in the same summer , Spiderman 3, Transformers, order of the phoenix, I can always hope.

PeruvianSkies
04-15-2007, 05:58 AM
Chances are that it will be rated PG-13, which I think is a wise move as most of the people who grew up with Transformers are now adults. Transformers was never really a kid-friendly show to begin with, in cartoon form it was a bit tame, but the original movie has swear words in it.

I have some minor hope in this new film as it will be live-action, but who knows.

L.J.
04-15-2007, 07:25 AM
Has anyone taken a look at the trailer for this movie.It looks crazy as hell,I thought this might be a movie for kids when i seen the name transformers but after watching the trailers im not so sure about that.

I had the same thought as well. I down loaded the HD trailer and I'm hoping this one pulls through. I may have to take a look at this one before I let my kid see it. He's just turned 8 and my wife and I are very cautious at what we let him view.

JSE
04-16-2007, 06:04 AM
Before watching the trailer I though it was going to be a "power ranger-ish" type movie but then WOW! This looks like it could be very cool. I hope it truly does have the darker action style the trailer eludes to.

s dog
04-16-2007, 08:31 AM
Before watching the trailer I though it was going to be a "power ranger-ish" type movie but then WOW! This looks like it could be very cool. I hope it truly does have the darker action style the trailer eludes to. It would really be nice to see a good movie on the 4 of july [day off work].

Dusty Chalk
04-16-2007, 11:09 AM
Yeah, I saw the trailer, can't wait...

PeruvianSkies
04-16-2007, 11:16 AM
It would really be nice to see a good movie on the 4 of july [day off work].

This sucker is being directed by Michael Bay, so it will be all show and probably very little story. This is the guy who did:

BAD BOYS I & II
THE ISLAND
PEARL HARBOR
ARMAGEDDON
THE ROCK

oh and the Lionel Ritchie video: DO IT TO ME!!!

I don't necessarily have HIGH HOPES for this film, but it will be interesting for sure. The money will definitely be ON SCREEN, but let's hope they pay the screenwriters for some good research into the characters and make this more than just an EYE CANDY event, although we all want that too!!!

Dusty Chalk
04-16-2007, 11:30 AM
I liked several of those movies. But admittedly, his chosen genre is mostly action. But then, that's kind of what I expect from the trailer.

No-one does a good car-chase scene quite like Michael Bay -- after seeing The Island, I have concluded that he is in my top 10 favourite car-chase scene directors, if not #1 or 2.

s dog
04-17-2007, 08:42 AM
I liked several of those movies. But admittedly, his chosen genre is mostly action. But then, that's kind of what I expect from the trailer.

No-one does a good car-chase scene quite like Michael Bay -- after seeing The Island, I have concluded that he is in my top 10 favourite car-chase scene directors, if not #1 or 2. I did not care that much for the Island but as car chase scene go it does't get any better than that.I use it for a demo sometimes when i want to show of the HT system.

L.J.
04-17-2007, 08:44 AM
I did't care that much for the Island but as car chase scene go it does't get any better than that.I use it for a demo sometimes when i want to show of the HT system.

Hmm.....I'll have to dust that one off and give it a run again.

PeruvianSkies
04-17-2007, 08:49 AM
Hmm.....I'll have to dust that one off and give it a run again.

The ISLAND.... it wanted to be THX 1138 so bad it isn't even funny, or maybe BLADE RUNNER meets LOGANS RUN meets THE FORTRESS. And the worst part of the film is when they meet up with Steve Buscemi's character and at this point the storyline is so bad and convoluted, yet anyone with a brain can figure it out, but just incase you are lost...no worries...they explain EVERYTHING in a very obvious and rediculous way to Steve Buscemi, so in case you can't follow the storyline up until this point, they purposefully wrote in a whole section of the film to explain things out. Talk about brilliant script writing...yawn.

SlumpBuster
04-17-2007, 01:17 PM
The ISLAND.... it wanted to be THX 1138 so bad it isn't even funny, or maybe BLADE RUNNER meets LOGANS RUN meets THE FORTRESS.

Sorry, I gotta disagree. Although, I see where your coming from. I didn't like Bad Boys or The Rock . Armageddon was cute, but too cheesy. I was still in undergrad when those movies came out and I remember seeing them with my friends from home. I was terribly snobbish about those movies (not suggesting that you are being). I was at school being exposed to John Ford and Orson Welles. I thought that schlock was perfect for my buddies (I love those guys, but they are some low brow ****ers and I was the only one that went to college), but it wasn't for me. Then I saw Pearl Harbor and suddenly "got it." Pearl Harbor contrasted beautifully with Saving Private Ryan and Thin Red Line. Each showed a very different manner of presenting similar material in a pretty contemporeaneus (sp? :D) time frame.

Since then I loved The Island and am looking forward to the Transformers. Bay was not trying to be nearly as cerebral as Blade Runner or Logan's Run, let alone THX 1138. While the similarity is obvious, they are all simply Rip Van Winkle stories anyway. To compare them is unfair and is comparing Creme Brulee to Dairy Queen Frozen Treat (R). Bay is perfect mix of high budget and low brow. Yes, the exposition to bring people up to speed is annoying, but what can you do? He's gotta put asses in the seats. Bay is certainly a controversial director that cinephiles love to hate, but I always wonder if alot of the haters are missing the point. I like to think of Bay movies as not what they are, but what they could be with just 10 minutes edited out to cut out exposition.

Oh, and Shia LeBeauf is genious casting.

PeruvianSkies
04-17-2007, 01:40 PM
Sorry, I gotta disagree. Although, I see where your coming from. I didn't like Bad Boys or The Rock . Armageddon was cute, but too cheesy. I was still in undergrad when those movies came out and I remember seeing them with my friends from home. I was terribly snobbish about those movies (not suggesting that you are being). I was at school being exposed to John Ford and Orson Welles. I thought that schlock was perfect for my buddies (I love those guys, but they are some low brow ****ers and I was the only one that went to college), but it wasn't for me. Then I saw Pearl Harbor and suddenly "got it." Pearl Harbor contrasted beautifully with Saving Private Ryan and Thin Red Line. Each showed a very different manner of presenting similar material in a pretty contemporeaneus (sp? :D) time frame.

Since then I loved The Island and am looking forward to the Transformers. Bay was not trying to be nearly as cerebral as Blade Runner or Logan's Run, let alone THX 1138. While the similarity is obvious, they are all simply Rip Van Winkle stories anyway. To compare them is unfair and is comparing Creme Brulee to Dairy Queen Frozen Treat (R). Bay is perfect mix of high budget and low brow. Yes, the exposition to bring people up to speed is annoying, but what can you do? He's gotta put asses in the seats. Bay is certainly a controversial director that cinephiles love to hate, but I always wonder if alot of the haters are missing the point. I like to think of Bay movies as not what they are, but what they could be with just 10 minutes edited out to cut out exposition.

Oh, and Shia LeBeauf is genious casting.

Slumpbuster...Thanks for your response and I appreciate you being able to give your viewpoint without attacking mine. I hope you take my response the same. I mean no disrespect. Unfortunately what I fear is happening and has been happening though is the 'dumbing' down of material in this day and age by mixing ...let's say high budget and low brow. I am entertained just as the next person when it comes to Michael Bay...movies like THE ROCK for example. I clearly don't put Michael Bay on the same level as Martin Scorsese, Brian DePalma, or other Auteurs of cinema by any stretch of the imagination. Bay is good at taking a huge project, huge amounts of money, and making a good show of it. My point though is that I am not expected much depth from this film, which it would be nice if we could have a bit of both as The Transformers could offer a good bit. Interesting that you brough up Orson Welles since he did do the voice in the Transformers movie (1986).

I enjoy movies like BLADE RUNNER that combine great effects, good story, acting, and thought. A movie like this would NEVER be made these days. It's far too patient, not enough action by todays standards, and makes you 'think' too much.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

http://media.bladezone.com/contents/film/image-library/Images/3414251_Roy_Dies.jpg

GMichael
04-17-2007, 01:48 PM
This sucker is being directed by Michael Bay, so it will be all show and probably very little story. This is the guy who did:

BAD BOYS I & II
THE ISLAND
PEARL HARBOR
ARMAGEDDON
THE ROCK

oh and the Lionel Ritchie video: DO IT TO ME!!!

I don't necessarily have HIGH HOPES for this film, but it will be interesting for sure. The money will definitely be ON SCREEN, but let's hope they pay the screenwriters for some good research into the characters and make this more than just an EYE CANDY event, although we all want that too!!!

I liked most of these. Sometimes it's fun to sit and watch a no-brainer. A little action and some eye candy never hurts my mood.
I know, it doesn't make them classics. And most critics will poo poo them. But not everything has to be brilliant. Sometimes I even watch America's funniest videos. Now there's a no-brainer for ya.

I look forward to seeing Transformers. I'll just check my thinking cap at the door. (If I can find it)

L.J.
04-17-2007, 02:26 PM
I liked most of these. Sometimes it's fun to sit and watch a no-brainer. A little action and some eye candy never hurts my mood.
I know, it doesn't make them classics. And most critics will poo poo them. But not everything has to be brilliant. Sometimes I even watch America's funniest videos. Now there's a no-brainer for ya.

I look forward to seeing Transformers. I'll just check my thinking cap at the door. (If I can find it)

:thumbsup:

Dusty Chalk
04-17-2007, 04:34 PM
Unfortunately what I fear is happening and has been happening though is the 'dumbing' down of material in this day and age...Two things:

#1 - don't blame one movie for what is happening in Hollywood in general (I.E. guilt by association);
#2 - are you kidding? It actually had a story, and wasn't a lame remake. Yes, it fell neatly into that genre with those other movies you listed (and contained elements of several of them), but at least it had a decent story. Yes, it had elements of Blade Runner, but it was not Blade Runner, nor did it want to be. Michael Bay makes action movies. Your comments about patience are absolutely on point, yet you missed the point of The Island by not noticing that it exactly did not have those elements.

That said, it did require a certain amount of "suspension of disbelief" -- but I don't have a problem with that. Heck, Matrix is one of my favourite movies.

And no, I am not a Scarlett Johansson fanboy -- I'm not as smitten with her as many others on the net are (I've noticed). I do think she's hot, but I don't think she's the hottest babe ever. If anything, I'm a Michael Bay fanboy. Heck, other than using some of the same sound bites several times in some scenes, I even liked Bad Boys II.

s dog -- yeah, as soon as I finished watching the movie the first time I saw it, I "rewound" it to that scene and watched it again, just for the sheer enjoyment of that scene.

PeruvianSkies
04-17-2007, 05:27 PM
Two things:

#1 - don't blame one movie for what is happening in Hollywood in general (I.E. guilt by association);
#2 - are you kidding? It actually had a story, and wasn't a lame remake. Yes, it fell neatly into that genre with those other movies you listed (and contained elements of several of them), but at least it had a decent story. Yes, it had elements of Blade Runner, but it was not Blade Runner, nor did it want to be. Michael Bay makes action movies. Your comments about patience are absolutely on point, yet you missed the point of The Island by not noticing that it exactly did not have those elements.

1. I am not trying to put this movie on the spot, it just happened to be the one we were discussing. There are many other films causing this effect, it's a movement, not just one film. This is also certainly not the worse of that bunch either.

2. Nope. Not kidding. The story borrowed [see also stolevery poorly from movies that are much better than it. I cited them already and I think I made a good case for that. That being said, it's Michael Bay, i'm not expecting Jean Luc Godard here, but I still think that movies can still have dazzling effects and still have a great story that is timeless. BRAZIL, BLADERUNNER, STAR WARS, TERMINATOR, even THE MATRIX. Thought-provoking, yet high-energy at times and visually spectacular. THE ISLAND was nothing new in my book. It's also one of Bay's weaker films all around.

This all being said...I still have hope for THE TRANSFORMERS...I am not trying to bash Michael Bay...when he is on his game...he's good. His two best films would probably be THE ROCK and PEARL HARBOR.

eisforelectronic
04-18-2007, 01:44 AM
Since this has turned into a Michael Bay discussion, I'd like to throw in a few tidbits. I think Michael Bay has turned out some of my favorite scenes/sequences of all time. The bombing of the Missouri in Pearl Harbor comes to mind in particular. Although I have to say that the whole part with Josh and Ben fighting back in their fighters against the Zeros holds a special place in my heart because I was on set for some of that. Some other Bay scenes I like would include that chase scene in the Island, The Launch sequence in Armageddon, and even when Liv Tyler is saying goodbye to Bruce Willis.

With that being said, I also think his movies lack just a little bit here and there that prevents them from being great. He creates all these great parts, but somehow they don't fit together quite right. I've always thought this was because of his earlier work in commercials.

Anyway, I still have high hopes for Transformers. I am expecting, at the very least, a half decent action film.

ericl
04-18-2007, 09:37 AM
The Rock was an excellent action movie. Spielberg is the executive producer.. so i think it's going to be a little better than a typical Michael Bay flick. Transformers!!!! can't wait.

AmpItUP
05-24-2007, 05:47 PM
Yeah, I've seen the trailer, and man was it good! But of course, the pessimist in me wants to stop making such high expectations as there might be a slight possibility of the movie being bad.

eisforelectronic
07-04-2007, 04:10 AM
Movie was total eye/ear candy. Lots of little touches from the cartoon. Looked damn good in DLP. I enjoyed it and it didn't ruin my childhood for me, like Robotech: the Shadow Chronicles did. Now, I do think you have to remember that it was adapted from a cartoon, so it still carries some of those qualities.

Troy
07-04-2007, 08:24 AM
I liked "The Island" the most out of all the Bay movies. But I'm a sucker for that whole dystopian future "Logans Run" / "THX 1138" thing. And Scarlet. And the CA desert locations they used.

Bay doesn't have an original bone in his body, but he can make stuff blow up real good.

"The Rock" and "Armageddon" were good? Next you'll be telling me you liked "Con-Air" too, right? These movies pretty much sum up everything that's wrong with the industry today. Bloated, expensive to make, virtually no script and packed with incredibly large gaps in logic. It's garbage. Period. But if stuff blowing up real good is all you really need in a movie so you can show off your HT, knock yourself out. I just wish you (and most other people) insisted on wanting more from movies.

Transformers is from a generation younger than mine. I thought they were just crappy, stupid toys based of a poorly animated and infantile cartoon. Conceptually this movie looks incredibly obvious and juvenile. Then again, if you thought "The Rock" was great you'll probably love it.

Personally, I'm voting with my wallet on this. If you don't want more movies like this, don't go to see them.

recoveryone
07-04-2007, 12:19 PM
OK boys and girls, I took my 17 year old and went to go see this flick. I'm not going to get critical about directing storyline or plot. But this is a great eye candy movie, good comedy, good action and good effects sound/visual

Worf101
07-05-2007, 06:54 AM
OK boys and girls, I took my 17 year old and went to go see this flick. I'm not going to get critical about directing storyline or plot. But this is a great eye candy movie, good comedy, good action and good effects sound/visual
A word from someone who's ACTUALLY SEEN THE MOVIE!!!!! Thank Recove....

Da Worfster

Rich-n-Texas
07-05-2007, 07:53 AM
A word from someone who's ACTUALLY SEEN THE MOVIE!!!!! Thank Recove....

Da Worfster
I know. This thread was started back in April. Have you noticed that Geico (I think) is using the transformers in their TV commercials? Marketing... :rolleyes:

BTW, here's a little headline from my company's intranet site:

DLP Cinema powers premiere of TRANSFORMERS at Los Angeles Film Festival
Whaddaya think pixelsplease? :ihih:

<!-- Story title ends --><!-- Content Author/ Source, Date -->

s dog
07-08-2007, 06:27 PM
Seen it tonight, action all the way, very loud still can't hear right, happy i went.

Kam
07-09-2007, 08:14 AM
lil bit o trivia for my fav film board buds. i auditioned for the role of bobby bolivia. for those that have seen the movie... no, i didn't "lose out" to him haha. the role was pretty much his, but due to union regs they HAVE to audition a certain number of actors for the 'lesser' roles, even though they knew who was going to get it.

i didn't know it at the time, so needless to say when they asked me to send in an audition tape, i was incredibly psyched! when i found out, i was a tad bummed but... that's how it goes :)

kexodusc
07-09-2007, 09:24 AM
lil bit o trivia for my fav film board buds. i auditioned for the role of bobby bolivia. for those that have seen the movie... no, i didn't "lose out" to him haha. the role was pretty much his, but due to union regs they HAVE to audition a certain number of actors for the 'lesser' roles, even though they knew who was going to get it.

i didn't know it at the time, so needless to say when they asked me to send in an audition tape, i was incredibly psyched! when i found out, i was a tad bummed but... that's how it goes :)

Pfff...Bernie Mac's got nothin' on you Kamster..

emorphien
07-15-2007, 06:26 AM
I liked "The Island" the most out of all the Bay movies. But I'm a sucker for that whole dystopian future "Logans Run" / "THX 1138" thing. And Scarlet. And the CA desert locations they used.
I'm a fan of those dystopian future movies as well, many are often some of my favorite movies.

In this case, Transformers was just a lot of fun. I have no trouble going to a movie and turning my brain off, I use it enough during the week anyway. The start was a big slow, but they actually didn't skip having some story line to carry it through so to me it never really felt like it dragged much and it stayed surprisingly solid all the way through.

I didn't really go in with any expectations, good or bad, and I enjoyed it thoroughly. I suspect this one will be a popular show-off DVD both visually (looked good on DLP) and in terms of audio because it had some of the loudest and lowest bass I've ever experienced in a theater.

Even if it's not going to be an award winning movie for story or acting, I think that it can still keep you captivated for its relatively long running time if you're not a movie nanny who expects every movie to conform to some kind of overdramatic and artsy archetype.

ForeverAutumn
08-11-2007, 08:01 PM
I just came back from seeing this movie. I really enjoyed it for the first two hours and then decided that it was just toooooooooo long. If this had been less than two hours, I would have felt very entertained. As it was, I ended up just waiting for it to be over.

I have one question though...why didn't the tranformers guys just make a bid on ebay? It would have been a whole lot easier for them.

PeruvianSkies
08-11-2007, 08:48 PM
I just came back from seeing this movie. I really enjoyed it for the first two hours and then decided that it was just toooooooooo long. If this had been less than two hours, I would have felt very entertained. As it was, I ended up just waiting for it to be over.

I have one question though...why didn't the tranformers guys just make a bid on ebay? It would have been a whole lot easier for them.

This is the way I felt about the third LORD OF THE RINGS installment. That movie had more endings than Fellini's 8 1/2 (hope someone gets this reference). It kept going and going and going and going.

PeruvianSkies
09-30-2007, 10:38 PM
Ok, I finally finally saw this film tonight and REALLY enjoyed it. Much to my surprise it was better than expected. I even liked the reference...."This is better than Armageddon". I only have one main gripe about the film: the special effects.

I liked the pace, the story-line, and the characters, but was not impressed with the action sequences and the special effects. Why go through all the work to make the Transformers look real and then hurry the motion to the point where you can't really see what is going on during the action scenes? It's called 'cheating the audience'. This has become a popular editing/filming technique during the past 10 or so years where the action scenes are edited in fast-paced fashion in order to make you think that you saw something that really never took place. The motion on the Transformers is so fast, which is fair because they are high-tech robots after-all, but at least make it seem realistic! This is the balance that really makes for a good film, when you can be realistic, yet unbelievable at the same time, since this is a Science Fiction film. I would have liked to see more detail in the action scenes/the transformers, and perhaps more interaction within the Decepticons and Autobots.

Other than that it made for a very enjoyable action movie with a great pace, nice humor, and I left the film wanting more!

SlumpBuster
10-01-2007, 09:14 AM
This has become a popular editing/filming technique during the past 10 or so years where the action scenes are edited in fast-paced fashion in order to make you think that you saw something that really never took place.

And its so doesn't have to be that way. Just last night I got sucked into watching the first hour of Kubrick's 2001. I've seen it many times before including in the early 80s in a second run neighborhood theater. It may have even been in 70mm because I know I saw North By Northwest, Singin in the Rain, and Larry of Arabia there too. But, I'm not sure.

Talk about long, slow special effects shots. They really don't hide anything in 2001. The weightless effects are still the best ever done, IMHO. Apollo 13 not counting, since much of that was actual weightlessness with the length of shots suffering as a result. Some of the "painted" effects don't age well, but still pretty good. Special effects don't have to be all in the scale models and CGI either. Some can be rooted in actor performance. The stewardess on the Pan Am flight with the "grip shoes" always struck me. The "special effect" is as much about her crazy little toddling walk, as anything else.

If it's worth doing, it's worth letting the audience see it.

PeruvianSkies
10-01-2007, 09:38 AM
And its so doesn't have to be that way. Just last night I got sucked into watching the first hour of Kubrick's 2001. I've seen it many times before including in the early 80s in a second run neighborhood theater. It may have even been in 70mm because I know I saw North By Northwest, Singin in the Rain, and Larry of Arabia there too. But, I'm not sure.

Talk about long, slow special effects shots. They really don't hide anything in 2001. The weightless effects are still the best ever done, IMHO. Apollo 13 not counting, since much of that was actual weightlessness with the length of shots suffering as a result. Some of the "painted" effects don't age well, but still pretty good. Special effects don't have to be all in the scale models and CGI either. Some can be rooted in actor performance. The stewardess on the Pan Am flight with the "grip shoes" always struck me. The "special effect" is as much about her crazy little toddling walk, as anything else.

If it's worth doing, it's worth letting the audience see it.

Just another reason why Kubrick's film is a masterpiece. When most people think of Special Effects they are thinking the wrong things, they certainly don't think of CITIZEN KANE as being a special effects film, yet it has some of the most amazing trick photography and effects than any film out there. The pace of 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY is just stunning. The classical music is really what dictates the choreography of the shots and it's a Special Effects ballet from there on out!

Rich-n-Texas
10-01-2007, 11:00 AM
I was just asking my lunch mates today if Transformers was out on DVD yet. Yet?

PeruvianSkies
10-01-2007, 11:01 AM
I was just asking my lunch mates today if Transformers was out on DVD yet. Yet?

Sorry Rich that my review sucked so bad.

Rich-n-Texas
10-01-2007, 11:03 AM
Yes, you should've included the DVD release date. :rolleyes:

SlumpBuster
10-01-2007, 12:23 PM
Do I smell a bootleg copy??:idea: Oct. 16, btw. P-Sky, tell me you haven't been haunting the $1 show on the bad side of town?

Rich-n-Texas
10-01-2007, 12:26 PM
Beats me. Guess I'll have to go over to Blockbuster and find out for myself.

SlumpBuster
10-01-2007, 12:53 PM
Do I smell a bootleg copy??:idea: Oct. 16, btw. P-Sky, tell me you haven't been haunting the $1 show on the bad side of town?

Rich, Oct 16, see above.

Rich-n-Texas
10-01-2007, 01:29 PM
Doh!!!

PeruvianSkies
10-02-2007, 11:14 AM

Well, here's the thing....the best theater and closest theater to me, is the budget theater. It was once a really awesome multiplex that offered first run features, but had a nearby theater to compete with that happened to be there a few months earlier. Short story long, the better theater ended up closing despite having larger screens, cleaner rooms, and better sound. Then it was re-launched after a few years went by as a second run place for $1.50/person. I can wait 4-6 weeks if it means seeing the film bigger, better, and with SDDS or DTS, especially if it saves 7 bucks per person!

SlumpBuster
10-02-2007, 11:39 AM
MOVIE NIGHT WITH P-SKY!!!!! :D :D

http://backyardtheater.com/forums/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=411.0;attach=786;i mage

BRANDONH
11-01-2007, 12:25 PM
Absolutely loved the Movie.
I have the HD DVD on its way but cant play it till the dual format player arrives in December.
Hey if y'all want to see some of the cool stuff the HD DVD can do check this form out.
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/showthread.php?p=3261056#post3261056

emorphien
11-01-2007, 12:52 PM
A friend brought over a copy he had from Netflix and I was surprised by the audio track. I figured they'd totally overdo the bass but it was blended in to the rest of the audio track quite well. Depth and impact was still there at times, although I honestly expected & would have liked more impact in some scenes without having to tweak settings.

L.J.
11-01-2007, 01:06 PM
I still can't believe no TrueHD track. I'm sure the DD+ track is nice and all but..........