Tolkien's Children of Hurin book is out - what about the movie? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Tolkien's Children of Hurin book is out - what about the movie?

nightflier
04-13-2007, 04:47 PM
It seems to me that Tolkien's latest book, The Children of Hurin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children_of_hurin), would make for an excellent movie script. I just ordered a copy of the book, but I would really like to see this made into a movie.

Compared to the LOTR, it will have a darker story, have a historical background as well as an ominous future, with fantastic scenery, lots of material for CGI creatures and scenes, and the potential for amazing battle scenes. Seems like a natural fit for a movie.

Anyone hear of any suggestions that it might be made into a movie?

PeruvianSkies
04-13-2007, 04:49 PM
I have not heard any rumors and I usually have my ear low to the ground on things like this...i'll call my friends brother this weekend and see what he knows....he is currently in a bidding war to make TERMINATOR 4, so he is in the thick of Hollywood and would probably know as he is a producer.

Dusty Chalk
04-13-2007, 06:14 PM
Dude, the book just came out? Give them a...well, a week or two. They're probably already working on it, but refuse to start the rumour mill until they have some names they can associate with it...