Dvd player question. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Dvd player question.

musicman1999
04-12-2007, 04:33 PM
I have what will sound like a strange question.If anyone out there has the dvd Diana Krall-Live in Paris,wouldd they conduct a short experiment.Go to the main menu screen and see if there is a drop shadow around the letters of the menu section that you select.Please let me know if your player does show this drop shadow and what type of player you have.
The reason is I was auditioning a new player with this disc and it showed the shadow that my Cambridge Audio did not show.We also tried a Denon and an Arcam player that were on hand and neither of them showed it either.Btw the player was a Sim Audio Moon Calypso.
thanks
bill

PeruvianSkies
04-12-2007, 04:39 PM
I do not have that title, however my first thought was this...

I wonder if it has anything to do with a certain calibration issue because if you go through the THX steps there is the one section on brightness/contrast in which case you have a drop shadon the words THX.

musicman1999
04-12-2007, 04:49 PM
No,while 2 displays were used,both my own and the stores were ISF calibrated.It seems that this Moon player is capable of resolving detail that others can not.I am curious if anyone else has a player that can.

bill