Spring and Copper Sulfate [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Spring and Copper Sulfate

trollgirl
04-12-2007, 03:30 PM
Spring is here and tree roots are creeping through the soil everywhere. When they find and enter a gap in a sewer pipe [like yours] they say, "Um...yum!" I used to think the roots were after water, but now things are backed up here after days of rain. Yep, they're after the nutrients. To paraphrase Dr. Ruth: "Don't forget your COPPER SULFATE!"

No big audio news, just that I acquired an Integra DVD player, and swapped out the MX-1 for a pair of Minimus-7's and a BSR subwoofer, powered by the Yamaha M-35. For movies, it is impressive, and the video quality is great. But - can anyone tell me why a DVD player needs to come with a drawer which holds six discs? I can watch LOTR non-stop with this rig, but what's the point??

Laz

bfalls
01-30-2009, 12:35 PM
I read your goodbye email and felt badly, so decided to answer this thread. I've never had the appreciation for multi-disc players either. I never really knew what CD or DVD I wanted to hear next, let alone the next four. How do you like the integra? I've looked at them over the years, but never had the opportunity to see or hear one. I have had the pleasure of listening to the Minimus 7s and Yamama M-35 multi-channel amp.
The Minimus 7s appear to have some cult status and has been pretty popular on ebay. I've seen several mods for them over the years you may want to seach for and try. I bought my M-35 for an earlier Pro-Logic surround system. I had it mated with a Yamaha R-8 receiver, DSR-100Pro surround processor, CLV-1000 Laserdisc/DVD/CD combi-player amd Klipsch KG4 and KG2 speakers. Although the M-35 is only rated at 20W/ch x4, or 40W/ch x2, it had no problems driving my Klipsch KG4 4ohm, 94bd efficient speakers. Sounds like a good vintage system. Enjoy.

ForeverAutumn
01-30-2009, 01:07 PM
I own an old CD player that could stack 6 CDs and loved putting them in on shuffle. So when I bought a DVD player to replace the old CD player, I bought one with a six disk turntable. I've never used it for multiple DVDs but I used it for multiple CDs frequently. I could put the CDs on shuffle, or just put enough "dinner" music in there so that we could entertain for an evening and never have to fiddle with the CD player.

Now I just plug in my iPod, but those purchases were all pre-iPod technology.

I don't know nothin' about tree roots. We're still under six feet of snow.