Yet, another Yes DVD to my collection [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Yet, another Yes DVD to my collection

Javier
04-11-2007, 10:26 AM
Yes live at montreux.
Another fine delivering audio/video wise.
Features Hearth of the sunrise not available on other dvd and a highligth for me as well it features a solo from Wakeman reminiscing of the keyboard solo from yessongs.

Rich-n-Texas
04-11-2007, 12:29 PM
This is brand new to my young collection of live concert DVD's as well Javier. I agree about the A/V quality, but I was a bit disappointed with Steve Howe's performance. He just didn't seem to have the enthusiasm that he had back in the day. Yessongs is a case-in-point. I realize they're all older now, witnessed by Chris Squire's girth, but I do have to say Jon's voice hasn't change a bit, which was always a distiguishing trait of the band. Gret DVD nonetheless! :cornut:

PeruvianSkies
04-11-2007, 01:11 PM
So here's a question...which do you think is their all-around best DVD released to date? I have seen a few, but would be curious to know which everyone thinks would be the optimal disc to own if you could only pick one.

Javier
04-11-2007, 01:49 PM
But I like Yes shimponic the most ( from keys to ascencion, house of blues, tsongas live at philly, yes acoustic)

Rich-n-Texas
04-11-2007, 04:28 PM
Yessongs and Montreux are the only two titles I own presently, but I really wouldn't give either one an A+ as an all around winner. If I'm correct in assuming that Blockbuster/Netflix don't offer concert DVD's for rent, it'll probably be a while before I buy another Yes DVD 'cause I don't want to overload my... at this time very small concert DVD collection with any one particular artist.