anyone worked with AudioConsultants - chicago [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : anyone worked with AudioConsultants - chicago

ramoram
04-10-2007, 08:52 PM
Friends...Anyone from Chicago here? Have you heard of Audio Consultants. I guess someone must have worked with them. What is your experience? Please share.

Thanks

bobsticks
04-11-2007, 05:33 PM
Evidently not...but welcome to the forum.

PeruvianSkies
04-11-2007, 05:37 PM
bobsticks...where ya been? You've missed out on some fiesty threads. I managed to get into some heat in two threads at the same time...the first...

http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=22162

and the second...

http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=22272

anyway...always nice to see ya.

bobsticks
04-11-2007, 06:00 PM
Hey P-Sky,

What's that they say about "no rest for the wicked" and all that? Lots of work with HR and very little freetime for anything even resembling fun. Certainly haven't made it to the "Windy City" in a while...(and to keep this moderately on-topic, ramoram if you're still out there, I go to Chicago frequently and have never run across these characters)

Despite the predictable hail (because it was a rare day off) I managed to get out and pick up a few audio treats today and, after growing tired of the constant issues with my old unit picked up a new computer. Thus far I have not been particularly overwhelmed with Vista.

Maybe I'll amble on over to one of yer O.K. Corrals and see what kind of mess I can stir up.

Cheers

Dusty Chalk
04-11-2007, 07:42 PM
You've missed out on some fiesty threads. I think you meant feisty, but perhaps you mean "of or relating to a fiesta".

tkyc
04-14-2007, 09:55 PM
I recently purchased a Acram Cd Player from Audio Consultants in Hinsdale. They were good to work with and I am happy with my purchase.

tkyc
04-14-2007, 09:59 PM
Arcam CD Player, sorry. The Hinsdale Store had some good equipment and look like a professional outfit.

Pat D
04-23-2007, 05:41 PM
I haven't lived in Chicago for a long time, but I get back there every few years. Audio Consultants has been in business for a long time and carry a lot of good products. They also carry used equipment and you may find some excellent deals there. I have never bought anything from them but have auditioned things there.

They are not the only good dealers in the Chicago area, though. Pro Musica also carries some excellent equipment and have very good facilities.