Well, it's springtime... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Well, it's springtime...

Resident Loser
04-10-2007, 08:47 AM
...time for opening bout of the new "Cage" season...so without further ado...in this corner, in the Fixedsys font, we have Peruvian Skies...and in this corner, in the Verdana typeface, we have the one and only Resident Loser...

We are not able to understand what you are saying for the simple fact that you are beyond comprehension in most cases.

We...by that I assume you mean you, but a remedial reading course should take care of that...

It has nothing to do with semantics or linearity...

Semantics? Who said anything about semantics? Do you even know the definition of the word? It's not an either/or situation...The two words have no relationship...The thread is linear, my responses have been linear, my explanations have been linear...go get yourself a dictionary...

it simply has to do with the fact that you say alot, yet say very little.

Actually I try to be entertaining and informative...Are you trying to say I'm verbose or wordy? Well, then say what you mean...one cannot at once say "alot" and yet say "little"...it's an apparent conflict in terms, an oxymoron, with particular emphasis on the last two syllables...

You try to be witty and make points, but it's so clouded in obscurity that it's rediculous (sic).

Well what one person sees as obscurity, another might see as erudite or witty...Again entertainment...and yes, it's a conscious attempt on my part, sorry most of it slips below your radar, the Gallagher show is in the next room...BTW, that dictionary will come in handy for more than just definitions...

You quickly became defensive to the original post because it pertains to yourself...

Really? When did I become "defensive"? You asked "why no pics?" armed with pre-conceived notions...I gave reasons why some (including myself) did not post...Apparently an answer that does not meet with your approval or calls into question your motivation is "defensive"...as you mature you will find things don't always go as planned...

you are a highly active member of this site with loads and loads of opinions, but you do not have any pictures posted.

So friggin' what?

This does not necessarily indicate that you are unable to or that you do not have the equipment or experience to assist others. Your reasons for NOT posting are legit. You have no means to do so, ok fine.

Way different from your original sentiments, no? See, you can learn if you pay attention...

Like I said before...move on then. If you have nothing else to offer to this particular thread than move on. However, you simply do not move on from matters of debate and stick around just to get people worked up by your offensive attacks and your sarcasm and cynicism.

Who died and left you keeper of the thread? As I recall I was giving the courtesy of a response to Slump Buster as I have been doing to you...You seem very confused...Attacks? Whom did I attack...oh yeah, discourteous cell-phone loudmouths...ooopps!...Sarcasm? Cynicism? Guilty as charged...BTW it's "as I said"...

For many of us we like posting pictures because we love this hobby and just like someone who is ...a car collector...they have pictures of their cars. If this was a car website that was dedicated to custom cars or classic cars...don't you think that people would want to see pictures?

If someone had some nice shots of a Bugatti bob-tail or an MG B that would be nice...on a classic car site...and it would be appropriate, after all it's a visual thing and fairly necessary...This, however, is an audio site...It's about what we hear, it's about what we've heard (in some cases what we think we've heard) and an exchange of information and experience...your analogy is dubious at best and photos (while they may appeal to some) are not an entry requirement...

Of course. Pictures help tell the story. It also shows accomplishment/achievement and in many cases it gives credibility to the owner.

There you go again...I could take a pic of a '63 Corvette Sting Ray, you know the one with the hidden headlamps and the split backlight, quote chapter and verse as to it's specs, but does that mean I own one? Does that mean I work on it or that I can simply afford to have a good mechanic?...There are folks who own show dogs but that's about it, they "own" them, leaving the day-to-day humdrum to trainers and handlers...

Usually with any hobby there are people who don't know anything about it (newbies) who are willing to admit that they are in NEED of advice. There are then the opposite who feel that they know EVERYTHING based on certain experience and are never wrong. It would appear that you are one of those...

When, prithee, did I ever say I knew everything? I'm always learning, always researching info in order to provide the noobs accurate answers (based on experience) coupled with specifics (based on said research) regarding any mentioned gear...I you have some misguided impression that I am, or consider myself infallible, well, that's on you...I used to be an audiophile, but now I know better...

however, the only thing that you have right based on what I have seen here at this site over the course of time is your username....you truly are the RESIDENT LOSER of this site.

jimHJJ(...AGHH! Never heard that one before!...Skewered by your rapier-like wit...I seem to have made it way too easy for those of your ilk....)

basite
04-10-2007, 10:23 AM
please, both of you guys!
STOP IT!

Resident Loser
04-10-2007, 11:49 AM
please, both of you guys!
STOP IT!

...you see guys? It's only me doin' some spring cleanin'...clearin' up a few loose ends...movin' potentially objectionable stuff from the main house into the garage, so to speak...don't want to run afoul of the mods and since pic posting morphed into Easter Eggs then morphed into a discussion of planars and other audio-related items, it seems appropriate...

jimHJJ(...besides the cage has been quiet and gotten dusty...)

GMichael
04-10-2007, 12:35 PM
...you see guys? It's only me doin' some spring cleanin'...clearin' up a few loose ends...movin' potentially objectionable stuff from the main house into the garage, so to speak...don't want to run afoul of the mods and since pic posting morphed into Easter Eggs then morphed into a discussion of planars and other audio-related items, it seems appropriate...

jimHJJ(...besides the cage has been quiet and gotten dusty...)

I think he was talking to both of your personalities.:idea: Fighting with yourself is normally frowned upon.:nono:
Oh dang it! There goes my new meter.:incazzato:

Resident Loser
04-11-2007, 04:41 AM
I think he was talking to both of your personalities.:idea: Fighting with yourself is normally frowned upon.:nono:
Oh dang it! There goes my new meter.:incazzato:

...doing certain things with yourself has always been frowned upon...has that ever stopped anyone?

jimHJJ(...be honest...)

GMichael
04-11-2007, 05:28 AM
...doing certain things with yourself has always been frowned upon...has that ever stopped anyone?

jimHJJ(...be honest...)

What? That's frowned on? Uhm.. well...
Is it a fuzzy frown?