bose and base? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : bose and base?

nish01
04-09-2007, 05:18 AM
It seems quite disappointing when bose speakers specially the acoustimass series do not deliver the anticipated bass.Even the vibration of the net that has been attached to the module is quite audible when the vocals are low.This creates some what localizable sound.Then what about the non localizable sound that acoustimass promises?:confused5:

r.j.sanc26
04-09-2007, 08:00 AM
As a one time owner of an Acoustimass system I can sympathize with with your plight. I think you'll find more negatives about Bose than just about another mass market company. I also had major issues with the bass module, or better yet lack there of.

My solutions (before I sold the entire set-up that is) was to add a second powered sub to handle the noticeable gaps in my low frequencies as well as the LFE effects. This of course made the bass module even more useless; having to now utilize the sub out on the receiver. IMO. Bose has done tremendous marketing with very poor results in performance - that's not to say that all of their products are bad....but many fall short of "stated" abilities...again IMO.

PeruvianSkies
04-09-2007, 01:05 PM
It seems quite disappointing when bose speakers specially the acoustimass series do not deliver the anticipated bass.Even the vibration of the net that has been attached to the module is quite audible when the vocals are low.This creates some what localizable sound.Then what about the non localizable sound that acoustimass promises?:confused5:

How long have you owned this unit? Are you able to take it back? If so, do so immediately and then consult with us on how to spend that money more wisely and get a much better system. If not, sell it on ebay and then consult with us.

r.j.sanc26
04-09-2007, 01:31 PM
How long have you owned this unit? Are you able to take it back? If so, do so immediately and then consult with us on how to spend that money more wisely and get a much better system. If not, sell it on ebay and then consult with us.

I agree with PS, and I think the overall consensus here would be to sell the Bose and move on to greener pastures, if that's feasible.

Are you happy with the rest of the speakers/set-up?, Do you enjoy the sound quality of the Bose sats? Are you willing to sell the Acoustimass and move on?....just a few questions that may help people better address your issue and narrow the advice to your particular needs.

GMichael
04-09-2007, 01:40 PM

So sorry dude. The others are right. Bose makes promises that they can't keep. That system is not going to do what they told you it would. How badly do you want good sound? If it means a lot to you, then you'll need to return or resell that system. But some people are very happy with a so so system. Only you can decide where you stand on it.

L.J.
04-09-2007, 01:57 PM
At least you recognize you have some problems. I have a friend who recently picked up a Bose system. Acous. 4 or something like that. It's a dvd/avr/media storage all in one thingie for like $2500. Anyways I went to his house and he did a little demo and man it didn't sound too good. I didn't have the heart to say anything. And did I mention he has it hooked to his brand new $2500 Pioneer plasma using a yellow composite cable :shocked:

pixelthis
04-10-2007, 01:39 AM
At least you recognize you have some problems. I have a friend who recently picked up a Bose system. Acous. 4 or something like that. It's a dvd/avr/media storage all in one thingie for like $2500. Anyways I went to his house and he did a little demo and man it didn't sound too good. I didn't have the heart to say anything. And did I mention he has it hooked to his brand new $2500 Pioneer plasma using a yellow composite cable :shocked:
SOME people swear by BOSE, these people tend to be tone deaf.
I myself prefer to swear AT "dose":incazzato: