Anybody want this comp? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anybody want this comp?

Rae
04-06-2007, 05:33 AM
I dashed this off for my girlfriend the other day, built around a couple of her specific requests. It's mostly heavy, mathy indie stuff. A lot of it may look pretty familiar to a few of you (read: Jar, who probably sent me most of these tracks back in the day), but hopefully I can play Johnny Appleseed with at least a couple of things. Anyway, PM me yr address and I'd be happy to drop one in the mail.

A Man Spekith
1. Squirrel Bait - "Kid Dynamite"
2. ***** Magnet - "Hatpins"
3. Rapeman - "Radar Love Lizard"
4. Slint - "Rhoda"
5. Bastro - "Demons Begone"
6. Ruins - "Holebones"
7. Crain - "Car Crash Decisions"
8. Don Caballero - "Chief Sitting Duck"
9. Shellac - "The Admiral"
10. Dazzling Killmen - "Staring Contest"
11. Craw - "Strongest Human Bond"
12. Breadwinner - "Knighton"
13. Rodan - "The Everyday World Of Bodies"
14. U.S. Maple - "Hey King"
15. Chavez - "Break Up Your Band"
16. June Of '44 - "June Miller"
17. Oxes - "And Giraffe, Natural Enemies"

http://www.artofthemix.net/uploadimages/111261_spekith.jpg

~Rae

Rae
04-06-2007, 05:35 AM
Help! I can't say ***** Magnet! I wonder why it allows Rapeman but not that? How do you post swears on here?

~Rae

-Jar-
04-06-2007, 08:06 AM
Great! I'll PM you my info in case you lost it.. I haven't traded anything here in about a year or so. I have a couple things I'd love to send yer way.. that's funny, I just used the song "Staring Contest" on one of my newer comps. You have just about every band out of Louisville back in the 90's on there.. awesome. what is it about Louisville and 6/8 time signatures.. We used to call Rodan "the Dazzling Slintmen" hehe.

-jar

Davey
04-06-2007, 09:26 AM
Help! I can't say ***** Magnet! I wonder why it allows Rapeman but not that? How do you post swears on here?

~Rae
It's for your own good. We've all seen the research and reports documenting it over and over, kids start with the "gateway" softcore curse words like *****, and then inevitably move on to the hardcore 7...

1. ****
2. piss
3. ****
4. ****
5. cocksucker
6. mother****er
7. tits

Don't make yourself part of the problem. Clean it up before it gets out of control.

BTW, nice comp. No Signal To Trust? Their last one is pretty cool. I've been enjoying it a lot the last couple days :)

BTW, part 2, if the moderator feels this needs to be deleted, go ahead, it was just for fun, but it does use the easy "one click" skirt around the censor :)

Slosh
04-06-2007, 10:23 AM
Wow, your grrlfriend can probably kick my a<a>ss! :rolleyes: Looks good but alas, I have pretty much everything on it, otherwise I'd be all over this. FWIW I'll have something up for grabs shortly . . .

Swish
04-06-2007, 12:12 PM
I dashed this off for my girlfriend the other day, built around a couple of her specific requests. It's mostly heavy, mathy indie stuff. A lot of it may look pretty familiar to a few of you (read: Jar, who probably sent me most of these tracks back in the day), but hopefully I can play Johnny Appleseed with at least a couple of things. Anyway, PM me yr address and I'd be happy to drop one in the mail.

A Man Spekith
1. Squirrel Bait - "Kid Dynamite"
2. ***** Magnet - "Hatpins"
3. Rapeman - "Radar Love Lizard"
4. Slint - "Rhoda"
5. Bastro - "Demons Begone"
6. Ruins - "Holebones"
7. Crain - "Car Crash Decisions"
8. Don Caballero - "Chief Sitting Duck"
9. Shellac - "The Admiral"
10. Dazzling Killmen - "Staring Contest"
11. Craw - "Strongest Human Bond"
12. Breadwinner - "Knighton"
13. Rodan - "The Everyday World Of Bodies"
14. U.S. Maple - "Hey King"
15. Chavez - "Break Up Your Band"
16. June Of '44 - "June Miller"
17. Oxes - "And Giraffe, Natural Enemies"

http://www.artofthemix.net/uploadimages/111261_spekith.jpg

~Rae

You're actually doing a comp and everything? This s<a>hit is getting pretty fu<a>cking scary! I guess this mean you're back here for keeps...or at least for a little while?

Swish Baby

P.S. Not sure this is my cuppa java, but I'll PM you anyway.

Rae
04-07-2007, 06:55 AM
This sh<a>it is getting pretty fu</a>cking scary! I guess this mean you're back here for keeps...or at least for a little while?

Strange how easy old habits are to fall back into, huh? ;-)

Looks good but alas, I have pretty much everything on it, otherwise I'd be all over this.

Man, if I can't get you to bite on a comp like this, I'm surprised I can get anyone! I suspected you'd already have most of this, but do you have everything? Crain, Breadwinner, U.S. Maple...? That Maple track will destroy you.

As I mentioned in yr other thread, this comp may have fidelity issues. I'm not really attuned to that, but honestly, are you going to be able to tell with some of this stuff?

~Rae

Slosh
04-07-2007, 08:19 AM
My brother is as big a math head as Jar, so yeah, I have heard all of those bands (although not likely all of those specific songs). Plus my head hasn't been in a mathy place for a few years. For example . . .
NP:

Rae
04-07-2007, 08:58 AM
All right, well, PM me yr address and I will send you something else anyway (no mp3s, I promise).

~Rae

3-LockBox
04-07-2007, 12:43 PM
It's for your own good. We've all seen the research and reports documenting it over and over, kids start with the "gateway" softcore curse words like *****, and then inevitably move on to the hardcore 7...

1. ****
2. piss
3. ****
4. ****
5. cocksucker
6. mother****er
7. tits

Don't make yourself part of the problem. Clean it up before it gets out of control.

BTW, nice comp. No Signal To Trust? Their last one is pretty cool. I've been enjoying it a lot the last couple days :)

**BTW, part 2, if the moderator feels this needs to be deleted, go ahead, it was just for fun, but it does use the easy "one click" skirt around the censor :)

**please teach me the one click method

tits doesn't belong on the list anyway...its such a freindly word :)

Davey
04-07-2007, 01:05 PM
**please teach me the one click method

tits doesn't belong on the list anyway...its such a freindly word :)
Hehehe, yea, that's the old George Carlin list. Times have changed, eh, except in vBulletin land :)

One click method shown below, in this deja vu shot, ****head :idea:

http://members.mailaka.net/davey/oneclick.jpg

Swish
04-07-2007, 01:52 PM
My brother is as big a math head as Jar, so yeah, I have heard all of those bands (although not likely all of those specific songs). Plus my head hasn't been in a mathy place for a few years. For example . . .
NP:

I think that one is up your alley, but I'd like to hear your thoughts just the same. I need some quiet time with it. Listening to it in a car ruins it for me, and all I've been doing is driving lately.

Swish

Slosh
04-07-2007, 02:50 PM
I think that one is up your alley, but I'd like to hear your thoughts just the same. I need some quiet time with it. Listening to it in a car ruins it for me, and all I've been doing is driving lately.

SwishI still need more time with it too but me likey so far. Kinda reminds me of this, but not really

Slosh
04-07-2007, 02:52 PM
All right, well, PM me yr address and I will send you something else anyway (no mp3s, I promise).
PM in a sec. :)