Sony MP3 portables with Atrac [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Sony MP3 portables with Atrac

PPG
02-17-2004, 01:25 PM
Anyone here got one of these? With their Atrac format and included software, you can get almost 500 songs on one disc. I wonder how these things sound when compared to MP3 and conventional CD's?

joel2762
02-18-2004, 03:14 AM
But I know they sound great! Just like a regular cd to me...Careful...A small scratch can erase around 10 songs. depends on the size of the scratch...

vivisimonvi
02-18-2004, 10:30 AM
I have the D-NE510 model for only 60 bucks (impulse buy with in-store credit). I've never used the Atrac format nor do I have any interest in it. Mp3 is compatible enough (Atrac is only compatible with Sony discman products anyways).

I use it about everyday for the past 3 months somehow a few of my mp3's came out glitchy after a few weeks (just on one disc). Although, from what I can tell it's a disc problem, it never messed up before. I would agree these things are sensitive to scratches.

The shuffle mode with about a little over a 100 songs is nice.

PPG
02-18-2004, 10:41 AM
The shuffle mode with about a little over a 100 songs is nice.

Yeah, gotta love that shuffle mode with a massive playlist. I burned an MP3 disc with over 80 songs and have been playing it on shuffle at work, so this is the whole reason I'm considering one of these things, to kick back in the easy chair with headphones on and just chill with the tunes without having to worry about changing a disc. I'm looking at the D-NE518 model. Thanks for the advice from both you guys.