WOO HOO - I WON The DOORS CD's [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : WOO HOO - I WON The DOORS CD's

kexodusc
04-05-2007, 11:57 AM
Whew, I'm on fire...local radio station had a contest - had to name a few artists to win.
U2 - Vertigo
Nazareth - Hair of the Dog
Dokken - Dream Warriors

Apparently I'm the only one in over 40 callers who was a Dokken fan! Nobody could get it!

My prize? 3 brand new Doors CD's that were just re-mixed or re-released for some 40th anniversary of something Doorsy.
Not a big Doors fan (but I love their bass player), already had an old "The Doors" copy but I'll take free anything.
Got to pick 3, so I took l Morrison Hotel, The Doors, and LA Woman. I didn't recognize any songs on the other ones and didn't want "Best of" comp...
How awesome is that?
:6:

basite
04-05-2007, 12:07 PM
How awesome is that?
:6:

Very awesome!!

get them spinning!!
Bert.

ForeverAutumn
04-05-2007, 01:44 PM
Congrats Kex. Glad to see that radio is good for something besides traffic reports. :thumbsup:

kexodusc
04-05-2007, 01:56 PM
Congrats Kex. Glad to see that radio is good for something besides traffic reports. :thumbsup:

And I'm glad all those years of rockin' out to Dokken finally payed off!:5:

Funny how something so trivial can make me so happy. I'm not a big fan by any means, but these have always been CD's I wanted and just never got around to buying...
Finally...I look forward to getting to know the music a bit better...
Almost makes the 20 cm's of snow today go unnoticed...almost.

Troy
04-05-2007, 02:39 PM
Yeah, GREAT bass player. LOL

BradH
04-05-2007, 06:19 PM
Yeah, GREAT bass player. LOL

Dang it, you're just mean, y'know that?

Btw, playing some of those bass lines feels awkward and twisted as hell. Your hand sez, "This ain't right."