Small packet from jolly ol' England arrives [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Small packet from jolly ol' England arrives

Jim Clark
04-04-2007, 12:53 PM
Hey Mikey! He likes it!

Thanks a lot for the exhaustive 2006 Year End Collection that arrived yesterday! I like the fact that you couldn't limit yourself to 1 measly disc. Too many people dissing the year in Rock but of course I knew you weren't one of those saying there's no good music anymore.

Gonna dive in tonight since there's much there new to me. Couldn't bring myself to listen yet since I went to the record store over lunch and grabbed the following recs:

Arcade Fire (finally bought a legit copy)
LCD Soundsystem
(!!!) Chk Chk Chk
The Twilight Sad (you might like this one Mike, lemme know if you need more information)

Yesterday was a great day for new music. Thanks again,

jc

nobody
04-04-2007, 01:19 PM
Yes, Yes...I got one too. And it is indeed quite nice. More than a few things on there I've been waiting to hear. I've been keeping them going in the car the last couple days, so while I recognize songs I like already, I haven't had the chance to sit down and put names with sounds yet.

Hey Jim, which !!! did ya get? If id wasn't Myth-Takes, the new one, let me know if you'd be interested. It's pretty danged good. Arcade Fire's got a new one out that I like better than the debut as well, actually.

Jim Clark
04-04-2007, 03:03 PM
Yes, Yes...I got one too. And it is indeed quite nice. More than a few things on there I've been waiting to hear. I've been keeping them going in the car the last couple days, so while I recognize songs I like already, I haven't had the chance to sit down and put names with sounds yet.

Hey Jim, which !!! did ya get? If id wasn't Myth-Takes, the new one, let me know if you'd be interested. It's pretty danged good. Arcade Fire's got a new one out that I like better than the debut as well, actually.

Yeah, that's the new one from !!!. Haven't spent too much time with either disc in the set yet. I'm assuming you got two discs also and it just wasn't my favored customer status at the store that scored me the deluxe set : ) Thanks for the offer though.

I really like the new Arcade Fire but I've been just listening to my leaked preview copy and it was just high time to get a legit copy. With having to work so much lately I just haven't been able to sneak off to the record store nearly as much which accounts for the delay.

jc